lock please

ego_scorpion

The Grand Exchange will probably get full of items that are harder to sell and you can just leave them be until someone wants it....I've had a dmed in my bank for nearing a month because I can't sell it and don't want to be stood around for hours in banks for Fally W2 trying to sell it when I could be having fun doing something else.

Exactly, plus I think this could also help with "small infinites" market--that is, items that are infinite in stock but not stackable. For example limestone, stew ingredients, grapes, yak hides, etc. There is money in those markets, but its hard to find right now.

curmudgeony.png

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merchanting will no longer be for those who can type incredibly fast, and can click for an hour to get into world 2. It will be for those who are very rich, and can manipulate prices to their liking.

off topic, but AoW has a guide for making your own custom links into world 2.....

to get onto world 2 it takes like 5 minutes max.

edit: also, i cant wait till the real exchange place looks like, it'll be cool to see how it works and all...

Merchanting will no longer be for those who can type incredibly fast, and can click for an hour to get into world 2. It will be for those who are very rich, and can manipulate prices to their liking.

off topic, but AoW has a guide for making your own custom links into world 2.....

to get onto world 2 it takes like 5 minutes max.

edit: also, i cant wait till the real exchange place looks like, it'll be cool to see how it works and all...

I'm pretty sure he's exaggerating. Even without that link it doesn't take an hour (at least for me).

icecube7.jpeg

My view

--Stackable's and rare's will still go in w2, allowing a lot of merchants to keep prices at their will

--Barrows sets, TT's, and other W2-ish thing's will now be in the auction house, simply because the common man(like me) will want to sell quickly, with little effort

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

But i'm uber happy cause no more AUTOTALKERS. YAY!!!!

Rejoice my friend!

yes!!!! yes yes yes and YES!!!!!! Finally jagex can get rid of a TON of merchent GP FARMERS!, it will be harder for them to be the cheapest if EVERYONE will have access and constantly trying to be the person with the lowest price to sell their merchendice faster!

this wont get rid of all of them. but it sure will make it harder for them to do their evil deeds of wrong bad unlawful st0ff

Silvermist82.png

As I said upthread, I expect gold farmers to reap massive coin from this. Sure, the autotalkers will be gone, but what stops a herd of, say, flax pickers from flooding the market with product? All that is really necessary is for them to continue to generate resources while undercutting the bulk of the exchange market -- which has the net effect of driving prices down. If everyone is selling flax at 70, then all the gold farmer has to do is sell at 65. If players go to 60, they go to 55. Eventually players decide the activity isn't worth their time and effort, and the autoer/gold farmer wins.

Now, Jagex has been pretty decent about banning resource autoers recently, so this may not be an issue. Most of the autoers I see these days are seed automerchanters.

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

well...

this is a very hard thing to speculate on but I have my theorys.

Merchanting will NOT die there is no chance of that, but the pretty much every item in the game will see some changes in value, ups and downs.

Items that are easly obtianable by low-medium lvl, semi skilled players willl drop quite a bit in value because the large ammount of cheap goods supplied by them will directly available to buyers rather than being supplied through merchants who often make a fairly large mark-up.

I'm currently considering what the situation will be for high value harder to get items will be and i'm leanding towards saying that the cheaper the item the more the price will drop, and the higher the price the more an item will gain in value.

,,..-~`ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï\ Happy Mining /ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï`~-..,,

|______.\goldhawk co/.______|

Merching will now take advantage of fears (price manipulating) than taking advantage of impatience (buy and sell).

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

This update wont ruin merchanting, but it will change it. It should actually boost merchanting, and there will be less scammers, autotypers, lurers, and pretty much every type of moron you can think of, in the worlds.

No more morons! =D> Jagex! =D>

:thumbsup: I could not agree with you more! :thumbsup:

***Happily poking bears, kicking cubs and petting bobcats since 1967***

eagleglobeanchorke1.gifc975dbbbcb.png eagleglobeanchorke1.gif

violent069oe7.gif Who says smileys are always happy? gunfight32zm4.gifmortarox0.gif

Lol, just went on the RSOF and saw some, no A LOT, of topics about the death of merchants due to this and the economy crashing and whatnot.

One 500+ post thread was interesting and about a similar topic, how will it affect merchanting. After reading several pages, I found it was mostly flaming. Goes to show you how immature they are over there ^_^.

icecube7.jpeg

Lol, just went on the RSOF and saw some, no A LOT, of topics about the death of merchants due to this and the economy crashing and whatnot.

One 500+ post thread was interesting and about a similar topic, how will it affect merchanting. After reading several pages, I found it was mostly flaming. Goes to show you how immature they are over there ^_^.

I saw that too. Funny.

What gets me is people are acting like this is a real economy, it's a game people, not Wall Street. Lighten up.

***Happily poking bears, kicking cubs and petting bobcats since 1967***

eagleglobeanchorke1.gifc975dbbbcb.png eagleglobeanchorke1.gif

violent069oe7.gif Who says smileys are always happy? gunfight32zm4.gifmortarox0.gif

Have there been any posts on any thread about this where all the information is in one place? Ive been reading quite a lot on this and i cant realy draw and oppinion, ive decided to sell all my merchanting goods for now and train mining and fishing till i see how this turns out

Ps. I have a feeling there could be some serious glitches with this..be wary.

,,..-~`ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï\ Happy Mining /ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï`~-..,,

|______.\goldhawk co/.______|

Consider this scenario:

The Grand Exchange is introduced, it works as intended and the players love it. They start offering up all sorts of items to try to find a wider market.

Let's suppose people are confident enough to start putting their rares up - phats, santas, masks... the whole bit.

What's to stop Jagex from buying them?

Player gets his asking price for his white phat.

Jagex gets another rare out of the game.

Both parties are happy.

Sure, it drops a lot of gold into the marketplace. But if Jagex ever wanted to remove a lot of rares from people who wanted to part with them and be well compensated... it's would be an excellent opportunity.

They could even make items untradable between players and only negotiable through the Grand Exchange.

Not that I believe it's going to go down that way... I'm just sayin' it could.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Let's suppose people are confident enough to start putting their rares up - phats, santas, masks... the whole bit.

Both parties are happy.

Sure, it drops a lot of gold into the marketplace. But if Jagex ever wanted to remove a lot of rares from people who wanted to part with them and be well compensated... it's would be an excellent opportunity.

It would certainly be much easier than the slow attrition death of rares due to randoms and planned "glitches"/bannings.

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

I for one am looking forward to this update. It will give me a chance to get rid of heaps of stuff from my bank, and hopefully turn 'one mans trash into another mans treasure' :)

Merchers will benefit, as they still have the most up to date knowledge of prices, and trends to spot a bargain.

Expect massive amounts of cheap product to be offerred in the first few dasy, that will benefit merchers.

If the products are available offline, this would be a bifg mistake. Any update that affects prices of other items would be abused if the seller/buyer was not online.

They have something like this in WoW...it looks like Jagex is updating to stuff thats kinda like WoW stuff."arena scores and a grand exchange room" are pretty much like WoW scores and the "auction house" of that game...It didn't effect that games merchanting, and it won't affect this one.

Consider this scenario:

The Grand Exchange is introduced, it works as intended and the players love it. They start offering up all sorts of items to try to find a wider market.

Both parties are happy.

They could even make items untradable between players and only negotiable through the Grand Exchange.

Hmmmm.....

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Consider this scenario:

Both parties are happy.

Jagex is tricking us!!!

icecube7.jpeg