Today...

Leoo

Oh wow... About to play MineCraft with my mate for an hour. Computer blue screens. Tell mum. "IT'S ALL DEM GAMES YOU'VE BEEN PLAYIN ONLINE THEY BEEN DOWNLOADING VIRUSES".

Lol chances are it was your mum haha.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Upgraded my 258(ish) mb graphics card to a 2 GB card.

[spoiler=My reaction?]motherofgodboarded.gif

THIS IS AMAZING.

That's one hell of an upgrade. You just went from the relative dark ages to pretty much top of the line :thumbsup:

I want a 2GB card :( (I have a 1 gig).

The amount of RAM on the video card isn't what makes it a good card. It just makes the card work faster on bigger resolutions. It's the graphics processor that makes the difference, and your 1GB card can still be better than his 2GB card depending on the graphics processor (GPU).

Oh wow... About to play MineCraft with my mate for an hour. Computer blue screens. Tell mum. "IT'S ALL DEM GAMES YOU'VE BEEN PLAYIN ONLINE THEY BEEN DOWNLOADING VIRUSES".

My father used to say that to me too when I was a kid. Now I know it's usually drivers that is the cause of blue screens, not viruses. That's after getting interested to computers, learning about them, then going to college in the information technology.

Today im gonna try getting rid of my whats it called, chicken feather? :P

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

THIS IS AMAZING.

That's one hell of an upgrade. You just went from the relative dark ages to pretty much top of the line :thumbsup:

The amount of RAM on the video card isn't what makes it a good card. It just makes the card work faster on bigger resolutions. It's the graphics processor that makes the difference, and your 1GB card can still be better than his 2GB card depending on the graphics processor (GPU).

I have no idea if this is any good (I'm not good with computer hardware) but...

GeForce GT 520

GPU Engine Specs:

48 CUDA Cores

810 MHzGraphics Clock (MHz)

1620 Processor Clock (MHz)

6.5 Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec)

Here.

So yea. It's still WAAAAAY better than my old card.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Just took the midterm for a class I've only gone to about 3 times. I think I got a high B or low A. Now I have another midterm in 30 minutes. I had an exam (a lab practical really) Tuesday, and I was supposed to have an exam yesterday. I get Friday off, then an exam Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Too many exams. I don't have enough time to study for them all.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'm starting to suspect that the word filter on this site is broken, since I used a word that I thought for sure would just get filtered out, but I could see it in its uncensored glory.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I'm starting to suspect that the word filter on this site is broken, since I used a word that I thought for sure would just get filtered out, but I could see it in its uncensored glory.

Some words were uncensored, also broken bbcode can sometimes mess up the censor.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Indeed. Examples of words such as 'dumb', 'retard', 'shit', etc. were lifted from the censor as the community has changed - and the RuneScape rules (which we're supposedly adherent to) has also changed in light of that.

I think the community has just grown older. The so-called "Miniclip Generation" of scapers is now in their 20s or close (and most of us have quit playing), those who were around during the changeover in '04 are a bunch of old geezers. There are fewer early and pre-teens on the forums. Well, at least in Off Topic. Easing back on the censor was a great change and I think everyone has handled it with maturity.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Took me a solid five minutes trying to remember what Mini Clippers was. Them noobs. :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING.

I have no idea if this is any good (I'm not good with computer hardware) but...

GeForce GT 520

GPU Engine Specs:

48 CUDA Cores

810 MHzGraphics Clock (MHz)

1620 Processor Clock (MHz)

6.5 Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec)

Here.

So yea. It's still WAAAAAY better than my old card.

It's good for you that's way better than your old card, and it's a nice low price choice. Still is a low-mid end card though.

Mini Clippers used to be so annoying >_>

Today I am reading 100+ pages of scientific papers/reviews and my brain is fried.

HEY!

I discovered Runescape through Miniclip >.>

Ahhh, this brings me back. And dead on with the age guess lol, I just turned 20 last Sunday.

We OTers are old as dirt. I'm so glad we all still talk though. Couldn't imagine my day without compulsively checking TIF

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Got two tickets to see Rise Against/A day to remember/title flight in May. Yeeeeeeah.

Almost went to that tour when they were by me in February...Went to see Tool instead. Have fun!

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I know its the processor that does speed, but I find that normally by the time you get 2GB in your graphics card, its probably a pretty decent card. Something on the high end of the GTX 400's or 500's. I just saw the specs on a GTX 590 and started drooling. That card would also consume more power than my entire computer, and cost nearly as much. I also hate trying to read GPU specs, because if I look at wikipedia I don't understand half the terminology, and if I look at the manufacturers, Nvidea and ATI don't use the same specs. I also have to deal with things like TFlops, which I assume is a teraflop. I like my speeds in Hertz, not flops.

As a point of interest, I use an HD 6770, which as best as I can tell is around the lowest end of the gaming grade cards.

My GPU will need replacing in a couple years I expect, along with a new PSU to feed it. CPU and RAM should be set though.

It's started snowing again, because we haven't met our snow and rain quota yet. And I've had a cold going on a week now, which keeps trying to move back into my throat so that I can have the cogestion, sore throat and coughing trifecta. I think I need more sleep.

Shit, shit, shit, shit.

So much for maturity.

Dammit Bows, this is why we can't have nice things.

+1

Still waiting on a report from a RS friend. She did a major case study on drugs, more specifically marijuana, and I found it to be interesting to read and look into.

Dunno why, but lately i've been so engrossed with scientific and social studies.

Popoto.~<3