Old names now available 4-3-2010

Carl

Gasp!

Well for you IRC savvy people, you might know Runescript has an !available function to check if a name is available. If you're using that to check whether or not your name is available--DON'T TRUST IT! Go check it through the actual "Change Display Name" feature.

I switched my DN to "Kimberly", my first name. I'm so happy! <3

I'll clarify some points here and illustrate them, the names freed up was purposely designed for Name Changing ONLY the reason being if names were released to new accounts then one player would reserve masses of names, 10-20 or more, this way you can only change once every 28 days.. so basically you need to be a member and haven't changed in the last 28 days to be able to pick one of these names.

If you're checking names go through Name Changing and try manually don't use IRC scripts or create account on the RuneScape website as it will say unavailable, so please make sure it's under 'account management' -> 'display names'.

I feel sorry for people who gave into this Rawr_Name fiasco now they can't pick some lovely names.

And I love the name "Kimberly" Lady Ninane it's really unique congratulations and enjoy it :)

I hope this has cleared some things up,

Smellysocks Aka Toad

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide]

Gasp!

Well for you IRC savvy people, you might know Runescript has an !available function to check if a name is available. If you're using that to check whether or not your name is available--DON'T TRUST IT! Go check it through the actual "Change Display Name" feature.

I'll clarify some points here and illustrate them, the names freed up was purposely designed for Name Changing ONLY the reason being if names were released to new accounts then one player would reserve masses of names, 10-20 or more, this way you can only change once every 28 days.. so basically you need to be a member and haven't changed in the last 28 days to be able to pick one of these names.

If you're checking names go through Name Changing and try manually don't use IRC scripts or create account on the RuneScape website as it will say unavailable, so please make sure it's under 'account management' -> 'display names'.

I feel sorry for people who gave into this Rawr_Name fiasco now they can't pick some lovely names.

And I love the name "Kimberly" Lady Ninane it's really unique congratulations and enjoy it :)

I hope this has cleared some things up,

Smellysocks Aka Toad

[/hide]

Yeah, haha. I was complaining how my chosen names weren't available. He asked if I was sure. Then he called me an idiot because the !available check doesn't check for DNs. :P

hzvjpwS.gif

Rawr fiasco? Whats the story behind that? :P

Ive settled with Lord Beloved, in hindsight it might be too arrogant so i might change it again, ill have to see :P

/Edit: o btw: someone check if "Duke Freedom" has freed up :D

//edit: heard its not

Lord_Beloved.png

Rawr fiasco? Whats the story behind that? :P

Ive settled with Lord Beloved, in hindsight it might be too arrogant so i might change it again, ill have to see :P

You might have been aware that players started a trend last month with "Rawr_RunescapeName" last month so my list was filled with say so those players who had changed their names to start with Rawr, have used up their 28 days and will have to wait a long while to change again :)

I Did try my Real life name, my middle name.. weren't available soo I had to settle for Toad (I'll try my real name every month or so if more will become available in future)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my old name "Lap" back. Much rejoicing.,

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:)

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

Gasp!

I believe this is due to Display Names and Login names perhaps being slightly different in some way. Or Jagex aren't releasing the information to the public (so you have to be a member to see which names are available).

Thanks to brunokiller to spamming pming me on IRC, I got the name Mil. Very happy about this :)

<3:

Ahh I really want to change my name, But Something makes me not do it.. :/

I've had the name 'Miokie' For 5 Years now.. And something feels wrong with changing it..

dzuz3d.jpg

thank u for this news

my name is now Lone Wolf :thumbsup:

i hate to have numbers in my name

Tried a big bunch of names, all were taken so I just settled for Im with Sid. Just for the sake of namechanging I wanted to try it for once :P Probably will get my old name back in 28 days, im much to used to it.

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

Thanks for telling me this.

Unknwnwrrior -> The Warrior

Good enough, for now.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I've wanted spiroff for a long time now but for some reason jagex wont delete it.

the account spiroff was created by my cousin in 2003 and was only played on for like a week.

got Trey though and I'm very happy

4e0Vn.png

Awesome! Thanks for the info..

Nabbed myself Socrates

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me