19-Aug-10 Dungeoneering � The Occult Floors

Toad

Bah, the magical blastbox is a major dissapointment aswell, you have to wield it for it to work(+5 magic attack and def) and only accepts death+air or chaos+air runes, so the one inventory space wasted actually means one space+shield slot wasted, and i was already hoping that they'd made something useful....(a box that stores fire blast runes for example).

In other words, F2P got a shield with magic bonus ?

A second one.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, so (just like the Update article on the Runescape homepage suggests) it's good for F2p players

tome of frost costs 3k more tokens and has twice the magic attack bonus... Where would f2p need to save 2 inventory spots anyway? solo bandos?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Mod Chris L said it is possible to kill the boss without losing a single LP

aka L2Play :P

It's possible to kill the corporeal beast without loosing a single LP. It doesn't mean it's plausible :razz:

I don't think he is joking, yes if you take RNG into account it is possible, but the way he said it I believe there is some sort of mechanic we did not find out yet.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Found this journal part on the RS wiki, it finally reveals what's at the bottom of Daemonheim :???:

[spoiler=Journal Part 24]Year 5 of the 5th Age:

This is it. The area below is weaker than the bedrock I have been forging through, and my magic carves through it like saw through flesh. This must be fate's reward for seeking the interplanar portal below, the portal that separates me from my Masters realm of banishment. To think He could have been banished and contained! Vile trickery...

I, Bilrach, will find this Rift, where the barrier between realms thins.

I, Bilrach, will re-open it and release my Master upon this world once more.

I, Bilrach, will release Zamorak!

Thoughts?

Found this journal part on the RS wiki, it finally reveals what's at the bottom of Daemonheim :???:

This is it. The area below is weaker than the bedrock I have been forging through, and my magic carves through it like saw through flesh. This must be fate's reward for seeking the interplanar portal below, the portal that separates me from my Masters realm of banishment. To think He could have been banished and contained! Vile trickery...

Thoughts?

I started mouthwatering when I read it about an hour ago.

And I'm a bit sad that 120 dung will be almost impossible for me, deluding my chance to see The Rift. :c

Thoughts?

In a nutshell?

oh-snap.jpg

Looks like a new God Wars is in progress, with Zamorak being sumunned, [hide=]Zaros almost being able to come to this realm[/hide], and the balance being upset, which may cause guthix to awaken, not to mention Lucien with the stone and the Mahjarrat ritual, it seems unavoidable.

Bah, the magical blastbox is a major dissapointment aswell, you have to wield it for it to work(+5 magic attack and def) and only accepts death+air or chaos+air runes, so the one inventory space wasted actually means one space+shield slot wasted, and i was already hoping that they'd made something useful....(a box that stores fire blast runes for example).

In other words, F2P got a shield with magic bonus ?

They have tomb of frost

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

When progressing through dungeons, if you've purposefully selected a lower complexity, the complexity level will no longer increase as you progress through the floors.

Barnabas in Varrock Museum has noticed the popularity of the strange rocks and can now help you further by offering a bag to store them in. On a related note, the chance of getting a rock from Construction activities has been increased slightly.

THANK GOD.

I haven't done dungeoneering yet, but some of the new rewards look like they could be fun... Does the herbicide just clean the herb, or destroy it entirely?

a70c7.png

Unless you're one of those nuts who is going for 120 dung. Then, why the hell not?

Well, it's not like any of the other rewards are really worth it at this point. Also, it's not like the bonecrusher at all, since it's double the xp. It will also save you time if you're one of those people that likes to pick up and clean herbs during tasks for the free xp.

You wouldn't save time not getting, since you're going to probably be leveling dungoeneering in the end anyways. So why not do it sooner then later, and get the rewards that benefit (while not a huge ammount) sooner. It's sort of like slayer. What's more efficient. Getting 99 combat stats, THEN training slayer? Or Training slayer while training your combat stats.

Unless you honestly plan to NEVER dungoeneering again, getting even the small benefit rewards sooner, is more worthwhile.

Ok guys, I'm not saying that you should avoid it like the plague. I never said it wasn't useful. I said it's not worth the tokens it takes to get it. Yes, if you get 120 dunge you'll have extra tokens, so why not?

But who has 120 dunge? Not me, not you. Almost no one.

The point here is that, however nice it may be, it's not worth the token cost. Whether or not you have spare tokens to spend is completely irrelevant.

34k tokens? So that's about 6 dungeons? At 40 minutes per dungeon, that's 4 hours. You can make 10-20m in 4 hours. This is if you are 80+ dungeoneering like a decent team. Go to w117 and it's probably going to take more like 6-8 hours, which translates to 12m-40m in 7-8 hours.

So let me ask you, are you willing to spend 10-40m for a few thousand herblore xp you'll gain through buying this worthless thing?

Also, I'm going to say that training combat while training slayer is more efficient.

Yeah so... Ranged definitely got a big boost w this update. B2B 2 Dbow specs or 2 MSB specs sounds really deadly

Another potential combo is DScim spec and then Claws or 2 DDS

Just realized w/ spec rests: (but these used to be possible too)

2 ZGS specs are also possible but I can only see that being useful for sara

2 D2H specs are also possible but I don't really see that being useful anywhere lol

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Thoughts?

Assuming that's not fake . . .

\:D/

SHOWDOWN BETWEEN ZAMORAK AND ZAROS ANYONE?!

Though I'd be a bit sad that the Dragonkin aren't at the Rift waiting for Bilrach to free them without him being any the wiser. Still, a showdown between banished gods and a potential culling of the entire world is pretty cool.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

[image]Members only. Requires an Attack level of 62 and a Dungeoneering level of 62. The ring of vigour has a strength bonus, and reduces the cost of any melee special attack by 10%.

SAFE PVP IS NOW OFFICIALLY BROKEN

3 CLAW SPECS IN A ROW

3 MAUL SPECS IN A ROW

8 DDS SPECS IN A ROW

GOOD GAME

People have no reason to call anyone a safer now, this smells overpowered from miles away.

I dont understand where you get 3 maul and 3 claw specs? A meele special attack for claws and maul uses 50% so using both saves you 20%... DDS you'd have enough for 1 extra spec and nobody is gonna risk the ring...

Actually I wasn't even right. This is what RS wiki says:

"Contrary to common belief, the ring reduces 10% of the required special attack energy and NOT 10% less of the special attack energy bar.

For instance, the dragon claws special attack normally needs 50%, but with the ring will instead need 45% (and not 40% instead of 50%). "

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

[image]Members only. Requires an Attack level of 62 and a Dungeoneering level of 62. The ring of vigour has a strength bonus, and reduces the cost of any melee special attack by 10%.

3 CLAW SPECS IN A ROW

3 MAUL SPECS IN A ROW

8 DDS SPECS IN A ROW

GOOD GAME

People have no reason to call anyone a safer now, this smells overpowered from miles away.

I dont understand where you get 3 maul and 3 claw specs? A meele special attack for claws and maul uses 50% so using both saves you 20%... DDS you'd have enough for 1 extra spec and nobody is gonna risk the ring...

You've never seen rushers in full bandos/fury etc before?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

3 CLAW SPECS IN A ROW

3 MAUL SPECS IN A ROW

8 DDS SPECS IN A ROW

GOOD GAME

You've never seen rushers in full bandos/fury etc before?

What guy in full bandos/fury is going to use dds to get 5 specs? Like I said claws don't get 3 specs. Now it seems like nothing gets an extra spec.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I know herbicide isn't efficient, but I'm actually thinking about getting it so I can do an aberrant spectres task without spending 80% of my time right clicking on that grimy guam to see if there is a ranarr underneath it.

That is like the ONLY downside to aberrant spectres IMO, so if I start dungeoning again, that'll be the next reward I get. Already have scroll of life and rapier, and nothing else really piques my interest, barring a maul should I ever get 2m more xp.

double msb spec assuming it works on ranged weps

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10