Squeal of Fortune + Buyable Spins

Logdotzip

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they will change it. In fact, I think this is only the beginning. We will see a lot more updates like this in the future. I have cancelled my subscription because the game feels like a dieing game to me and Jagex seems to be trying their very best to milk every penny out of their player base. I don't support their recent actions, so I have cancelled my subscription. I don't like seeing this game dieing.

The difference is that I actually still like the game, but this whole thing is just a shitstorm. I'd be fine with microtransactions if they used loyalty points, but not the squeal and all of the security and legal issues that the thing brought with it. Shows how much faith I put in their account security, doesn't it? :grin:

Could definitely find better games to waste my free time on if this isn't changed.

Wonder who all is getting Banned for Real World Trading. Report them :evil: Oh wondering how many people are Cancelling their Membership (Credit Card Payments)

Like getting the Free spins though from Skilling. Wonder what monsters drop them?

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

I don't think they will change it. In fact, I think this is only the beginning. We will see a lot more updates like this in the future. I have cancelled my subscription because the game feels like a dieing game to me and Jagex seems to be trying their very best to milk every penny out of their player base. I don't support their recent actions, so I have cancelled my subscription. I don't like seeing this game dieing.

The difference is that I actually still like the game, but this whole thing is just a shitstorm. I'd be fine with microtransactions if they used loyalty points, but not the squeal and all of the security and legal issues that the thing brought with it. Shows how much faith I put in their account security, doesn't it? :grin:

Could definitely find better games to waste my free time on if this isn't changed.

TF2. You could even waste money on it too.

On second thought 24 hours is still too risky. I've cancelled my card on runescape

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

From what I gather, there's only security issues if you clicked to save your credit card details the last time you input them. When I did it, there was no option for that. It asked me to resubmit all of my details. I recommend you guys go in and change your settings, too. Foolish of Jagex to not immediately request all details to be resubmitted for this. <_<

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I just deleted my card off my account, just in case.

I also love how extremely difficult it is to remove a card like that. You're a winner Jagex, truly.

It took me 5 minutes to find out how to cancel mine. I also had to cancel my card on another account that isn't mine.

Somebody has to sue Jagex... Or we, the runescape community, have to organize something.

Unfortunately, Jagex can do what they want with their game. As bad as this is, I'm sure they've made sure it is legal.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

You have to go and 'buy membership'. Pretend you're resubscribing and say you're paying by card. I'll come up with your saved card details and there should be a link to manage your cards, you can remove it from there.

Thanks. My settings weren't saved, fortunately.

Wait what? You can just randomly buy spins without entering your credit card info??

We figured we'd post this: http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?news&id=2735

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I have cancelled my subscription. I don't want to play the game anymore in this state.

Same here, haha. I have never thought an update worth quitting over until today.

I could see Jagex going down this road months ago so I jumped ship then. Sad to see that I was right.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Wait what? You can just randomly buy spins without entering your credit card info??

We figured we'd post this: http://tip.it/runesc...hp?news&id=2735

It would be horribly ironic (and a little out-of-place) if Jagex called TIF out for unfair use of that image (a-la copyright infringement).

Great tip though. Glad I never paid with a credit card, or I'd have a major problem.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Cancelled both my subscriptions. Even if its going to cost more to use pre-paid cards and such in the future, I can't keep using CC details if Jagex are going to be this insensitive about security

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Im really weirded out how we are discussing our security due to jagex being complete idiots lol. Its just bizarre and extremely saddening.

Blame us and dont accept responsibility where it is due. So we got to warn ourselves. 0_0

Then theres the rwt update itself lol.

Sure its not a bad idea to be secure to the point where its 'meant' to be extremely unlikely someone will get on. However thats irrelevant. There is no need for there to be a security risk of someone spending all your money if someone did manage it.