Squeal of Fortune + Buyable Spins

Logdotzip

Overreaction forum.

I don't know about you, but I actually care what happens to my real life money, that I work very hard for everyday, and I dont want to jeopardize a single dime of it, because of some webbrowser-game.

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive me for coming on TIF for a short time to confirm what I've been thinking ever since I left RS - Jagex is milking its dieing game as much as it can before it dies. I'm not surprised in the slightest, this has been coming for a long time.

Coming here to dance on Runescape's grave is the pettiest thing you could have done.

Move over, I want five more minutes of dancing first.

Are you using the classic dance emote?

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

So should we start contacting people we know who quit and tell them to cancel their cards or risk getting a huge bill?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

So should we start contacting people we know who quit and tell them to cancel their cards or risk getting a huge bill?

It couldn't hurt to if you know them personally. Although hopefully Jagex will come to their senses and make the process a little more secure..

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

They should just take all the xp lamps off the wheel and replace them with loyalty points. 100,1k,10k,100k. Takes 18 years currently to get all the rewards, so this would be 1000x better, and I'd renew my membership before my current one expires.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

They should just take all the xp lamps off the wheel and replace them with loyalty points. 100,1k,10k,100k. Takes 18 years currently to get all the rewards, so this would be 1000x better, and I'd renew my membership before my current one expires.

So basically you would be buying loyalty with money. Kinda fitting actually

It would make a lot more sense. Some of the auras *do* make quite a noticeable difference, but usually there's some sort of limitation and it's not directly buying XP (closest might be JoaT)

I was originally 100% ok with the wheel, but now I'm not sure. I had some small sneaking suspicions they might have ramped up its prominence, but this is just out of left field.

I'm not one to swear, but for a lack of better terms, this update is total bull shit.

[hide]

Jagex in the past:

Oh we would never let microtransactions influence how this game works!

Jagex today:

You can buy chances at free stuff! It totally isn't microtransactions since it isn't guaranteed!

/rant

[/hide]

Stats[hide]Z_e_n_o.png[/hide]

lolol-meme-face-gif.gif

rCz0G.jpg

n1.

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |

Max Cape - Owner

If Jagex won't remove buying tickets for real money, they should remove all of the non-trivial coin drops (50gp is fine), all of the non-trivial item drops, the xp lamps, and the lucky drops. Replace them with Loyalty points and lots of decorative items and customisations for your character. I'd be okay with that.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Overall, I can still understand their stance. RS is currently one of the cheapest MMOs on the market and they still do produce a fair amount of content, broken, unpolished, and untested or not. For a company to grow, they need to increase profits and it didn't seem their recent efforts to draw new subscribers did a whole lot.

I fully accept microtransactions, but their execution in this case was a little off.

I emailed Jagex and they sent me the link

use the link to make your account more secure from the squel of forunte thing

EDIT: or not tip it changed the link I'll break it down

http://gyazo.com/ede3a6d0e808c228fcdf9dbcf0373d0b

Mod Edit: I understand what you're trying to do and I appreciate the help, but since the censor's in place to protect people I have to ask that you not bypass it. I'm sure you've already seen that the staff have posted a how-to to do this very thing on our main page, so you could post that instead. PM if you have any questions ~ Kimberly

Edited by Kimberly

TwoDimension.png

380th to 200,000,000 Cook.

Maybe it should be added to that announcement about credit card security (which is GREAT idea by the way) that if you do find yourself in a situation where someone buys spins for your account, to contact your credit card company? I'm pretty sure the cc company won't have any issues refunding you and charging Jagex for the mistake. If this happens enough, maybe Jagex will get some damn security in order for our accounts already. It's pathetic how bad they are at this.

I'm starting to hate how much fun I have with this game. Microtransactions in RS? I don't CARE what they say, if someone has a WHOLE bunch of money? They are ABSOLUTELY buying an advantage if they can buy 75 (times however much money they have) spins whenever they want. They're BUYING exp. And this is totally gambling, whether you actually "win" anything or not. I HOPE dicing clans start up with Jagex's new def'n of "not gambling" just to show Jagex how ridiculous they are being.

I'm not one to usually rant about what Jagex does. "If you don't like it, don't use that part of the game." But this affects EVERYONE for sure. There's no way around it. People with money can now buy an advantage in this game. Thanks Jagex.

Blakdragon39.png

Well I finally have a good reason to quit, and its damn shame as I was finally starting to enjoy the game. I wont be subscribing for members anymore, I might log in to f2p to chat with friends or play one game of GOP but that's it.

I really wanted to complete my goal of maxing out but I see no point in playing anymore especially with the current direction that Jagex has decided to take.

"We dont want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldnt affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape."

I wonder who said this? :P

I wonder who'll say I did..

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

I'm not one to swear, but for a lack of better terms, this update is total bull shit.

[hide]

Jagex in the past:

Oh we would never let microtransactions influence how this game works!

Jagex today:

You can buy chances at free stuff! It totally isn't microtransactions since it isn't guaranteed!

/rant

[/hide]

But it also isn't gambling since it is guaranteed!

Overall, I can still understand their stance. RS is currently one of the cheapest MMOs on the market and they still do produce a fair amount of content, broken, unpolished, and untested or not. For a company to grow, they need to increase profits and it didn't seem their recent efforts to draw new subscribers did a whole lot.

I fully accept microtransactions, but their execution in this case was a little off.

Yeah, I don't see any problems with microtransactions themselves. But this is just about the worst possible way to do it. It's random - you don't know if you'll actually get what you want - and the xp lamps give a huge unfair advantage to those few who have enough money to buy extra spins in large quantities.

An acceptable way would have been, for example, selling loyalty costumes for real money. They give you no advantage, but they look nice and I'm sure that with the right prices there would have been a lot of buyers. Auras are a borderline case; while they're certainly helpful, none of them is particularly game-breaking.

In any case, I won't be quitting. Of course I'm not paying for extra spins, but as I play mostly DIY this idiotic update doesn't affect me at all. It's still very sad to see Jagex go down this way, though. I guess nothing good can last forever.

Luckily I pay for my membership with a bitcoin-funded PayPal account which isn't linked to anything, so I have no security problems either.

WHO CARES.

How does it effect you if somebody raises their skills by spending way to much money?

It doesn't, stop complaining.

If they release something that gives an actual advantage to players against other players, that is when you should get mad.

user1-dark.png

Really bad update and shows how runescape is dying... Buuutttt... Doesn't really effect me. I don't care if someone else gets 200m runecrafting experience for $20000.

So on second thought, sure, go buy $20000 worth of spins. It will encourage jagex to add more micro-transactions and less enjoyable updates, but it'll keep the game alive.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Wonder how long before everybody in this community quits RS? :P

I know. Between this and the next bot nuke, I'm going to shoot up the rankings!

That's great for you, but I wonder how many that have not moved on to other games, that will be left to admire you.

edit: I hope it doesn't turn out that way, but just sayin' you know... nothing lasts forever.

Max Cape - Owner

WHO CARES.

How does it effect you if somebody raises their skills by spending way to much money?

It doesn't, stop complaining.

If they release something that gives an actual advantage to players against other players, that is when you should get mad.

So, you're not okay with auras then?

crossed_body.png

So on second thought, sure, go buy $20000 worth of spins. It will encourage jagex to add more micro-transactions and less enjoyable updates, but it'll keep the game alive.

I'd say it's better to have a honorable death rather than leeching off the community for as long as there's money to be made. This game has seen its glory days long ago, but until the last year or so I thought RS has aged well. But it looks like I was wrong.