Squeal of Fortune + Buyable Spins

Logdotzip

added some jmod replies to the first page + here

d343ef1b63ef431469735a8.png

26dc444304577f7ea2c46ae.png

It's not gambling? You're exchanging real life stuff for a "chance" of virtual goods, pretty sure that's gambling I like the idea of extra tickets via skilling/monsters but the buying idea is dumb as hell.

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Mod Mat K's reply to players voicing concerns about cc safety:

"Sadly, people do get their accounts hijacked, but it's not hard to keep your account secure. As I said, head over to our wiki to find out how.

As others have said on here, before you do leave your card details on a website, make sure you are fully appraised of internet safety methods.

Mat. "

[qfc]15-16-253-63660451[/qfc], page 6

Wow, seriously? Yeah, that's the way to treat your customers...."lolol you got hacked, you're so dumb, you deserve to lose all that money". Disgusting.

Lol wow. And sorry but their recovery system sucks. I know people who have recovered accounts with nowhere near all the information they should need. And I know people who have had their accounts recovered despite the fact that they used gibberish recoveries.

Just removed card details saved to my RS account, will my membership subscription still be taken from the card account?

I don't believe so.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

At the absolute very least, Jagex needs to prompt customers to enter the CC security number thing before completing the purchase :wall:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Damn, now I'm scared. I heard that even an old password is enough to recover the account. What can I even do to secure my account? I'm gonna switch my recovery answers to random gibberish even now (shoulda done that ages ago), but anything else?

A Question:

Has Jagex ever removed an update due to the huge amount of criticism?

They have never fully removed an update that I know of but they did remove extreme/overload potions in the wildy and PVP minigames for criticism mainly about unfair advantages.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

This is Mod Mat K's reply to players voicing concerns about cc safety:

"Sadly, people do get their accounts hijacked, but it's not hard to keep your account secure. As I said, head over to our wiki to find out how.

As others have said on here, before you do leave your card details on a website, make sure you are fully appraised of internet safety methods.

Mat. "

[qfc]15-16-253-63660451[/qfc], page 6

Wow, seriously? Yeah, that's the way to treat your customers...."lolol you got hacked, you're so dumb, you deserve to lose all that money". Disgusting.

I aint a violent person but it does stir me up when people talk to me like that. (Mat)

They have a flawed security system that people are able to abuse to get into accounts. That and THERE IS NO REASON why there isnt more security for this new feature ingame. Give us the option to force us to re-enter our details when purchasing items by default. Im not sure how my payments will go through now but if I must I just have to keep doing it manually as its completely unacceptable to leave such a abusable security flaw ingame like that.

Its because im 'appraised' (condescending g..) that im disgusted and been forced to remove my details and probably gotta keep doing it manually or something stupid due to their lack of security and flawed recovery system. Atleast now I feel a little bit safer that in the future, be it tomorrow or 5 years down the line, someone wont successfully get into my account by no fault of my own and decide to spend my money.

Have I ever had someone successfully get into my account and do damage etc? No.. But its 'because' I take security seriously (and luck) and they are the ones who arnt taking security seriously.

Ah.. Its extremely unprofessional. Greed is one thing but they shouldnt talk to customers like that when they are obviously the ones who dont care about security.

*sigh*

It looks the best we can hope for now is that it is nerfed to only give cosmetic items or cash. Just no free xp, please. What a [bleep]ing joke.

Even if it still gave the highlevel items like bandos/armadyl/spirit shields I wouldn't mind, but free xp (especially in quite generous amounts) is just stupid. Bought spins could perhaps give reduced rewards compared to daily or earned spins

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

*sigh*

It looks the best we can hope for now is that it is nerfed to only give cosmetic items or cash. Just no free xp, please. What a [bleep]ing joke.

Even if it still gave the highlevel items like bandos/armadyl/spirit shields I wouldn't mind, but free xp (especially in quite generous amounts) is just stupid. Bought spins could perhaps give reduced rewards compared to daily or earned spins

I very highly doubt they're going to decrease the rewards from giving them money. If anything, I'd expect them to increase it, given what a massive cash-grab this whole thing is.

a70c7.png

They've got 24 hours to sort out the card security issues or i'm cancelling membership.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

And that's the point where I cancel my monthly subscription. There's no need for anyone who can access my account to buy me stuff for RuneScape on my credit card. Back to the good old "3 months subscription".

As for the update as a whole: seriously? I could understand the decorative items and didn't mind them as you bought membership along with them (even though it was slightly unfair that it was impossible to get a few if you didn't live in the correct country), but this is literally selling exp as anyone with a bit of money to spare can easily use an average to calculate the amount of experience they'll be getting from this in advance. This is what you get when companies sell out... That said, I know I'll just keep playing RuneScape.

I have cancelled my subscription. I don't want to play the game anymore in this state.

Same here, haha. I have never thought an update worth quitting over until today.

I might do the same if it isn't changed in some way. Everything that they're posting makes it worse.

I don't think they will change it. In fact, I think this is only the beginning. We will see a lot more updates like this in the future. I have cancelled my subscription because the game feels like a dieing game to me and Jagex seems to be trying their very best to milk every penny out of their player base. I don't support their recent actions, so I have cancelled my subscription. I don't like seeing this game dieing.