Squeal of Fortune + Buyable Spins

Logdotzip

Hello everyone, I'm from Reddit and spent 200USD on spins. You can't buy more than 750 spins (i.e. the 75 spin one x10). Here is an image that summarizes the results:

TuKBI.jpg

The Large Lamp was the best item I got.

My method of using the lamps was to use every wildcard one on Runecrafting, netting me a total of ~600k runecrafting experience (along with a mil or so xp in other skils). Each spin took 5 seconds, and each set of 75 spins + using the lamps took about ten minutes. So, in about 100 minutes, I got 600k runecrafting experience, or 6k experience per minute or 360k xp/hr. So in other words, I was getting experience rates comparable to 6 lvl 99 runecrafters doing ZMI altar perfectly (ZMI Altar at level 99 is 60k xp/hr). And don't forget I was getting massive amounts of XP in other skills as a result of all the lamps that already predetermined the skill I'd gain the XP in.

This is a huge, significant change to the game. All skills are now buyable with real money. Keep in mind that Runecrafting was my lowest skill, and that you gain more xp/hr the higher your skill level is. Eventually, it'll reach the point where it'd be more efficient to work at minimum wage for a week and buy spins and level up in a few hours, as opposed to spending 40 hours a week for a month (which would be in and of itself a full-time job) in order to get the equivalent amount of experience.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post.jpg

My thoughts, albeit tinged with the arbitrary trollprod topping.

Inb4theyofferoldeffigyratesforacoverfee

Inb4opcantinb4

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

No better time to quit than now - when a game that's put it there that you can't buy success with irl money and fought against rwt and bots for 11 years just stops all of that and introduces their own rwt.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

No better time to quit than now - when a game that's put it there that you can't buy success with irl money and fought against rwt and bots for 11 years just stops all of that and introduces their own rwt.

Dont you quit every 5 minutes anyway?

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Smokers quit one day, and begin smoking again a week after.

It's called addiction. :thumbup:

Nope I just quit once (last May) but I definitely actively encourages other people to quit this morally corrupt game ran by investors who don't know gaming and cares about nothing but more profits.

There is obviously no encouraging j-fanboys like you who will honestly defend even the worst jagex betrayals (and microtransactions is it).

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Nope I just quit once (last May) but I definitely actively encourages other people to quit this morally corrupt game ran by investors who don't know gaming and cares about nothing but more profits.

There is obviously no encouraging j-fanboys like you who will honestly defend even the worst jagex betrayals (and microtransactions is it).

That was almost worth reading, until the second sentence.

I'm pretty sure bxpprod made clear his distaste about this update.

Back on topic:

I stopped taking this game seriously over a year ago, and now I just play for fun or to pass time. I remember taking it way too seriously back in 2009/2010, and honestly, it wasn't as fun for me then as it is now.

Yes, it's not a great update, and somewhat hypocritical - but, If you're going to complain, whine, whinge and moan about every update, just quit RuneScape and shut your mouth.

I wish there was a device that would allow people to punch others through monitors, because I'd have punched everyone who thinks they have a new revolutionary viewpoint on this topic.

WHO CARES.

How does it effect you if somebody raises their skills by spending way to much money?

It doesn't, stop complaining.

If they release something that gives an actual advantage to players against other players, that is when you should get mad.

They determine the levels for content based on average player level, so if the bar rises above your head, you're shit out of luck. :D

8f14270694.jpg

Wait what? You can just randomly buy spins without entering your credit card info??

We figured we'd post this: http://tip.it/runesc...hp?news&id=2735

It would be horribly ironic (and a little out-of-place) if Jagex called TIF out for unfair use of that image (a-la copyright infringement).

Great tip though. Glad I never paid with a credit card, or I'd have a major problem.

I used to pay using a cc a few years back. Changing payment methods 2 years ago seems to have fixed the problem for me, if such a thing existed back then. Also, if Jagex wants to be angry at me for posting that they can be my guest. The point of the warning was to help prevent people being hurt by the risk they caused, and I think that was the right thing to do. :P

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

"Defending" "betrayals".

I refer you to the previous post where which displayed a screenshot of my 'rant' on the RSOF. I also, furthermore, encourage you to search the posts where I said I dont like it, but stupid people are going to be stupid, and buy spins. If you consider this "defending", then sir, you are just as deserving of my contempt as Jagex is.

I want to ask TIF community a question:

Jagex banned people for RWTing. Now they are providing a RWT service themself, but it's all of sudden OK? They seem to have planned this long time ago. Slowly with Loyalty programme (a programme providing advantage over others).

And what's point of PLAYING Runescape now? What is "in spirit" of the game? Jagex told us Effigies is not in spirit of game because you should DO Runecrafting to get it leveled up. And a Mod said "If you don't like Runecrafting, go do a other skill".

Now you can PROBABLY level your skills fastest way without playing Runescape. By having a full time job, and use part of money on spins. You would probably spend more tims grinding than if you worked irl.

Is this in spirit of the game? No.

Is this how a game should be ? No.

Jagex has lied to Runescape players about microtransaction. They banned people for it, now they are doing it themself.

You shouln't accept this.

Investors are the majority owners of Runescape. Guess what that means.

Jagex has lied to Runescape players about microtransaction. They banned people for it, now they are doing it themself.

You shouln't accept this.

This is hardly the first time Jagex are lying to players about things. Honestly, short from massively suing them I don't think anyone has a choice but to accept this. Doesn't mean everyone should be happy about it, but it does seem to be the reality of things.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Apparently there is a 200$ spending limit on the SoF. Does anyone know if this is permanent or when are more spins available? (Daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I find it funny how they have told us this would never happen, and that they have been so hard on gambling in game, this is most definitely gambling, that 50gp is as good as nothing, using a loop hole.. low...

Hold on a second, I just thought of something. I'm not so sure we can bring this up without incurring the wrath of other industries, notably TCG like Magic. I mean think about it, when you buy a pack of cards there's no guarantee that what you'll get will be of equal value to the money spent, they might all be worthless or you could have gotten something worth a lot of money. So in that way wouldn't we be considering something like the Pokemon Card game a form of gambling? Hell, that's more insidious since you can sell the cards for money back quickly and legally.

Derp. The TCG's are a GAME with a bonus loot chance. Big difference from gambling.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Alright. So usually, I just lurk a bit on the forums, check the RuneScape homepage a few times (I've almost quit. Almost. It's difficult to just completely stop something you've been spending time on for 7 years)

And... This is what I see. Buyable spins. As if I didn't have reason enough not to want to play? Heck Team Fortress 2 is at least FREE even if it has microtransactions. (The game itself is 100% free, and you can get every weapon quite easily)

Monthly pay, and microtransactions?... And with buying spins that can give you 900k exp in 30 minutes? Dx I bet some rich kid will hire his butler to do this for a week and level up all his skills to 99. Then go around as a maxed player "where do u find sharks"

And Jagex have the most sad excuses "its not gambling lol u always win and u dont win real stoof" It's gambling because 90% of the prizes are useless for your gameplay, and just because they're virtual, doesn't mean they're non-existant. They do exist, even if it's as pixels.

This is just sad and pathetic, even for Jagex. Especially seeing as they raised the monthly fee not too long ago if I recall.

Welp, that decides it, no more membership for me (Unless of course by some odd chance I win a lifetime of it.)

Glad I quit last month then, because this is what it's turning into.

TF2 Image.

Except that Team Fortress 2 at least doesn't have a monthly fee, and you can get all of the items easily for free/almost no time spent.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Meh. I'm used to all this crap now. After they said they wouldn't up the price of membership, then raise it to $7.99, I was upset, but I realized this company is long gone.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

About children spending their parents money. I've got a great story regarding just that. When I was about 8 I got my first iPod (a 1st gen Nano) for Christmas. My mother put her credit card on iTunes, and allowed me to purchase a few songs. Well, over the course of a month, usually sneaking down at night, I'd purchase a song or two. This would lead to me purchasing another song, and another, and often entire albums, because I didn't think I'd have to pay for it. Well, come next month, I'm faced with a $2000 bill that I had to pay off. Long story short, it is a legitimate concern that children will blow their parents' money on spins.

Wonder how long before everybody in this community quits RS? :P

I know. Between this and the next bot nuke, I'm going to shoot up the rankings!

That's great for you, but I wonder how many that have not moved on to other games, that will be left to admire you.

edit: I hope it doesn't turn out that way, but just sayin' you know... nothing lasts forever.

Yeah, I was being goofy. I started playing Runescape less than a year ago, so I don't have anywhere near the history to draw on that most of the dejected commenters do. This game, like any other, lasts for an individual only as long as they're still having fun playing it, and there are not other options that are more fun. There are two MUDs that I played for more than five years each, but, as you mention, nothing lasts forever. My desire to play decreased to a point where I looked for something else, and apparently this scheme by Jagex is causing that for a number of players.

About children spending their parents money. I've got a great story regarding just that. When I was about 8 I got my first iPod (a 1st gen Nano) for Christmas. My mother put her credit card on iTunes, and allowed me to purchase a few songs. Well, over the course of a month, usually sneaking down at night, I'd purchase a song or two. This would lead to me purchasing another song, and another, and often entire albums, because I didn't think I'd have to pay for it. Well, come next month, I'm faced with a $2000 bill that I had to pay off. Long story short, it is a legitimate concern that children will blow their parents' money on spins.

itunes its a given that they have unlimited ability to buy shit but runescape was a surprise.

I think any kids parents who got hit with this are able to sue jagex

Also anyone whos account gets hijacked through Jagex's joke of a recovery system and gets charged for more squeal rolls can sue as well

I almost hope they get sued. :( If it's the stupid investors that are ruining this game.. It's so typical. If I ever make it big with my own company I'm NOT SELLING TO INVESTORS. They just sit there and suck the life out of it and make everything about MONEY. And it sucks. I'm unhappy.

Blakdragon39.png

Second most atrocious update of this year (effigy nerf being #1 ofc).

So they hold me to their rules but they won't do the same since they can profit off of it. [bleep]ing hypocrites.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]