15 September 2008 - Summer's End

psvstef

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many 99 rangers with dragon arrows would be needed to kill the beast in 5 seconds?

;)

good luck finding the most efficient way of killing it.

So far ruby bolts + cannons in a 5+ team can kill it in less than 7mins

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Ive heard that zamorak spear turns the beast into a shish kebab quite fast. Ive red on Zybez that a team of 15 or so with 9 zamorak spears took it down in 2 minutes.

You want a big stab bonus if you want to fight this critter with melee.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Ive heard that zamorak spear turns the beast into a shish kebab quite fast. Ive red on Zybez that a team of 15 or so with 9 zamorak spears took it down in 2 minutes.

You want a big stab bonus if you want to fight this critter with melee.

I wonder if it would be a viable option to go in full guthan and get that bonus healing. I understand that guthan's ability doesn't always proc when you want it to, but it could make things easier, slightly or not.

Also, attack speed is a factor but if my theory is correct, i'd choose survivability over damage-per-second any day of the week ::'

alright. once, there was a family of the dad, Joe, the mom, Sue and the son Jim. one day they were sitting at the breakfast table eating pancakes. the next thing they knew, 3 giant penguins came in and bit their heads off. they died. the end

Here we go, they released info on them

10e0ecbf.png

Taken from

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=2920

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

For those former Diablo 2 players, RS officially now have Storm Shield, and even has the same acronym!

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

For those former Diablo 2 players, RS officially now have Storm Shield, and even has the same acronym!

I'll trade you SOJ (stone of jas in rs, stone of jordan in d2) for your SS :geek:

Also, compare the designs of the godswords and the model for the Grandfather sword in d2 (forget the type of weapon.. colossus sword? colossus blade?) and see what you find.

alright. once, there was a family of the dad, Joe, the mom, Sue and the son Jim. one day they were sitting at the breakfast table eating pancakes. the next thing they knew, 3 giant penguins came in and bit their heads off. they died. the end

Its colossus blade.

And come to think of it... yes, i did notice similarities...

now we just need some shael runes to put into weapons :D

back on topic...

I will be interested in seeing how the shields price is gonna go in the future, i suspect some shields like Divine and Elysian might increase in price.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

If the drop rates are decent, these shields won't stay 85M and 65M for very long. Hopefully they'll become cheaper alternatives to the dfs. They're not as good as the dfs, so they can't go higher than it unless jagex made it ridiculously rare "showoff" stuff like 3rd age, which would suck for people who don't spend 10 hours a day trying to make gp.

Divine and Elysian are like the best pieces of equipment out there

Divine will kill your prayer too quickly to be useful in many situations. In PvP, you'll be smited out fairly easily. In PvM, if you don't watch your prayer zealously, you will have it drop and you'll probably be KOed if you are at GWD. Still, I foresee them dropping to 15m for the Arcane, 10m for the Spectral, 50m for Elysian, and 40m for Divine. People in RS are stupid and only care about damage, and since the shields have no strength bonus, many will overlook them.

So an easy solution is just to keep on watching your prayer just as someone would watch their HP...

we dont know yet how much a hassle the prayer drain rate is, don't want to make any early conclusions

SGS doesnt really do that much extra damage, heals only as fast as a bunyip, and its still worth 50M+

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Not sure why people are thinking that the prayer thing will be not as good...If the shield prevents 8 hp damage, you will lose 4 prayer points. So, assuming your prayer isn't god awful, this shield would be incredible. The higher your prayer gets, the better this deal looks. (cause if you lose 4 prayer at 75 max points, it is a considerably greater loss {percentage} than if you lose 4 points at 99 prayer) Also, super restores can give you 30+ prayer points per dose...which corresponds to preventing 60 damage........

Over 200 HP contained in one inventory slot in the form of a 4 dose prayer potion. Yeah that shield sounds horrible guys. :roll:

The only thing that could contribute to the unpopularity of this shield is the possible difficulty in making sure you dont get surprised by giant damages and have your prayer shut off.....but stilll.......

If you get AGS specced for a 70, the shield will prevent 21 (!!) damage, meaning you walk away getting hit for a 49...and then you lose half of 21 which, if it is rounded up, would be 11 prayer drained. Hardly what I would call un-managable. In fact, youll come across worse effects than this if you spend a day at zammy GWD (Kril slamming through prayer AND draining it, but by more), and that is hardly what I would call the hardest GWD boss.

Lets take a look at KQ. She goes to hit you for a 30...you take 21, and lose 5 measly prayer points. Sounds pretty managable to me.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Not sure why people are thinking that the prayer thing will be not as good...If the shield prevents 8 hp damage, you will lose 4 prayer points. So, assuming your prayer isn't god awful, this shield would be incredible. The higher your prayer gets, the better this deal looks. (cause if you lose 4 prayer at 75 max points, it is a considerably greater loss {percentage} than if you lose 4 points at 99 prayer) Also, super restores can give you 30+ prayer points per dose...which corresponds to preventing 60 damage........

Over 200 HP contained in one inventory slot in the form of a 4 dose prayer potion. Yeah that shield sounds horrible guys. :roll:

You have to figure in that this is merely a damage REDUCTION. You wouldn't have 200 hp in one inventory spot, you will simply have saved some damage.

The prayer deduction also means that you wont be able to use it at area's where prayer is neccesairy, since you will more easily be outa prayer.

The shield is good yes, but not as good as the 70% chance of a 25 damage reduction one.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

You have to figure in that this is merely a damage REDUCTION. You wouldn't have 200 hp in one inventory spot, you will simply have saved some damage.

The prayer deduction also means that you wont be able to use it at area's where prayer is neccesairy, since you will more easily be outa prayer.

The shield is good yes, but not as good as the 70% chance of a 25 damage reduction one.

-----------

You're right -- it's better than the Elysian Shield.

With a unicorn, you could theoretically stay at KRee as long as your pray last because a unicorn would be able to heal you enough now that you are recieving 30% less damage.

So just bring all pray and only a few emergency brew and get a lot more kills at Kree.

And at the Beast itself, the Divine Shield would be best.

Hm, I agree with you then. Then what I really want is something new for non pkers who hate boss hunting. There's a lot more of us than people think. :-#

We call you skillers; you know, the guys who hate combat? :roll:

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

The only thing that could contribute to the unpopularity of this shield is the possible difficulty in making sure you dont get surprised by giant damages and have your prayer shut off.....but stilll.......

If you get AGS specced for a 70, the shield will prevent 21 (!!) damage, meaning you walk away getting hit for a 49...and then you lose half of 21 which, if it is rounded up, would be 11 prayer drained. Hardly what I would call un-managable. In fact, youll come across worse effects than this if you spend a day at zammy GWD (Kril slamming through prayer AND draining it, but by more), and that is hardly what I would call the hardest GWD boss.

Lets take a look at KQ. She goes to hit you for a 30...you take 21, and lose 5 measly prayer points. Sounds pretty managable to me.

Unicorn is all the hp I'd ever need in most places (including saradomin godwars, which currently remains the best money in the game), I don't know why I'd want to give up prayer for something I have a basically unlimited supply of already. I'll take the higher def of the DFS any day.

The shield with a 70% chance of reducing damage by 25% looks more promising though.

Ultimately, I'd say this will not become a revolutionary way of making money. The shields will not outlast godswords in price.

That's exactly what I was thinking, stuff the prayer drain. Also, on using zamorak spears...is it because it is a crush weapon? or a zamorak weapon? if it's the zamorak thing, would a ZGS possibly be better? There's no way in hell that I'm buying that rubbish just for this, but interesting nonetheless.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

That's exactly what I was thinking, stuff the prayer drain. Also, on using zamorak spears...is it because it is a crush weapon? or a zamorak weapon? if it's the zamorak thing, would a ZGS possibly be better? There's no way in hell that I'm buying that rubbish just for this, but interesting nonetheless.

because it's stab

Oh I see, no stab option for big swrds. So I assume DDS's are best for specs?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Hm, I agree with you then. Then what I really want is something new for non pkers who hate boss hunting. There's a lot more of us than people think. :-#

We call you skillers; you know, the guys who hate combat? :roll:

I call myself a slayer. :roll:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I really don't understand your logic. If the shield prevents 8 damage, you lose 4 prayer points. If you get 32 prayer points from a super restore, that means that if you are wielding the Elysian shield, 256 damage will be prevented before you use up a 4 dose restore trying to make up for the prayer drain.. This is quite large compared to what you get from a 4 dose brew (in fact, it is four times what you would get from a four dose brew)

It is true that you'll also be taking damage at the same time, but that doesn't change the fact that you will be able to determine how much HP you personally can save with one inventory slot. What I listed above was for 99 prayer and 99 HP. HOWEVER you also have to consider that by the time you PREVENT 256 damage, you will have taken about 597 damage, which translates into over 9 whole brews used to heal the remaining unprevented damage. So it is clear that you can't just take a bunch of restores to places and just expect to heal 7,168 damage with a load of prayer healing. But, it should also be clear to you, that if you can simply change up your ratio a little bit, you can save huge.

Say youre going somewhere that you would typically use 18-19 brews at. While using the Elysian shield, you'd need only TWO super restore potions to restore all the prayer that will be drained over using your whole load of brew. This translates into 512 damage that you can prevent by just having the E shield plus those two little restore pots. In case you still haven't been following the math this translates into 8 brew worth of healing. And...in the very long run...2 restores is cheaper than 8 brews. :P

HOWEVER (again) the real excitement with this shield comes from our friend the unicorn. It is very possible that a guaranteed 30% damage reduction will open up new areas for people to have their only healing be via unicorn. Not only that, but you may be able to use uni-only at GWD areas with fewer numbers now. Also we must consider possibilities of using some of the current setups, but simply carrying the E shield along for the ride. It could save some headaches at DKs when you get completely wrecked due to bad luck and see that your ppots are in way excess over your health restoring abilities. Swap out the shield and then the ratio will start to balance out. Not saying its the most brilliant idea ever, but its certainly an interesting possibility.

*EDIT* Just did some more math for the other shield. If you get a perfect statistical damage prevention (i.e. if the ability honestly activates 7 times for every 10 times you take damage), then 17.5% of all damage will be prevented (in a technical sense). This translates into using 14.85-15.675 brews worth of healing where you would've previously had to use 18-19 brews to heal. Meaning you'll save 3.15-3.325 brews. Comparing this to the E shield, where you will get 8 brews worth of healing from taking 18-19 brews worth of damage, but have to use 2 super restores in addition...it seems very unclear as to what the BETTER shield is. While the two abilities may seem relatively similar, they differ vastly.

Im not here to say the E shield is far superior...I'm just here to say that its ridiculous for anyone to be playing it off as a 100% inferior shield.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON