200M in all Skills

Makilio

Just find it funny how majority of the pro-'efficiency' guys have no stats themselves... :rolleyes:

Firstly, as far as these forums are concerned, that statement is certainly false unless you assume people to have similar goals as you(to get 200m in multiple skills).

Secondly, being efficient hasn't got much to do with being a so called 'no-lifer'. You are a 'no-lifer'(as far as i see what's behind the word), which means you spend too much of your life playing the game, but others may not have alot of time to play the game, but the time they do have, they spend wisely, thus being efficient but not so-called high level.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Secondly, being efficient hasn't got much to do with being a so called 'no-lifer'. You are a 'no-lifer'(as far as i see what's behind the word), which means you spend too much of your life playing the game, but others may not have alot of time to play the game, but the time they do have, they spend wisely, thus being efficient but not so-called high level.

So much butt-hurt...

Hey did you know spending time wisely has nothing to do with efficiency?

Efficiency is all about banking on ones ego.

Its dreaming up xp rates, working 9/5 for boss drops, preaching baseless spreadsheets, and telling everybody else they are stupid if they don't follow suite.

And if you run out of money or somebody calls you out, just quit.

Its efficient. :thumbup:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

So much butt-hurt...

Its dreaming up xp rates, working 9/5 for boss drops, preaching baseless spreadsheets, and telling everybody else they are stupid if they don't follow suite.

Do you ever have anything nice to say about anything? :mellow:

77yLQy8.png

So much butt-hurt...

I wouldn't even care if its nice, if he only could back it up. Or maybe be right, once in a while.

I don't think gol understands efficiency, which is his main problem.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

So much butt-hurt...

I wouldn't even care if its nice, if he only could back it up. Or maybe be right, once in a while.

I don't think gol understands efficiency, which is his main problem.

once upon a time Golvellius had fans that would throw him praise for being the rebel against the decade entrenched efficiency gamers.

It's been a while since I've seen any of that support though.

I guess the community's realized that, he's just not the brightest bulb.

Naaxi.png

Different people have different ways of showing strong emotions like love(or even hate :ohnoes: ). You can't really knock him for that.

1 Telmomarques 2,496 2,043,108,860

2 Elvis 2,496 2,043,108,860

telmo is the true #1 in this race

Why is Telmo #1 then and not Elvis? :P

Do minigame ranks count in or so?

I am pretty sure it just means that telmo was the first to log out.

'Akay, thank jo!

I'm getting sick of these efficiency debates. Golvellius, just accept some people like the feeling of knowing that what they are doing is the fastest way to lvl up, live with it. This doesn't mean Grimy or XPX, or whoever cares a bit about efficiency, is never just chilling online, or that they're constantly calc'ing out how much money they are losing by standing still at the GE. It just means that whenever they are really setting a goal for themselves, they like to get it the easiest/fastest way. Stop portretting them as robots.

I think people are getting confused about efficiency. People are seeming to think that always doing teaks then no woodcutting at all is what me or others are deeming efficienct its not. Obviously gaining any xp at all is better then none so if your in a situation where say your eating dinner, working on homework or just plain out tired and dont feel like it then doing ivy instead of teaks is much better then just logging off and not doing anything. If you feel like playing xbox and you wanna cut some ivy and not miss out on rs xp your not being inefficient. Efficient is getting xp when you can not getting the best xp 100% of the time when your on causing you to get less xp/day because you get tired thats just stupid, unless of course you have a specific goal about adventure log time. Even zarfot when working on schoolwork and stuff fished then just dropped the invent when it filled up which yeah loses time but better then just logging off.

If being what people are mistakingly deeming as efficient causing you to get less xp/day then you could doing teaks while your on and focused and ivy later then im sorry but your stupid, efficiency has nothing to do with adventure log time its how you manage your xp/day and getting xp whenever you can more then what someone normal would get. Personally I alch my teaks atm when I wc and its just as afk for me as ivy is but thats a different subject. I couldnt really get out exactly what I wanted to say ill come back later if I think of a propper way to say it but I think i got at least 1 point across.

aribiterspar3.png

So much butt-hurt...

Suit*

And, why troll?

top_lel_face.png

imo its efficient to do what you like and can do longer

alc/mine superheat 1hr a day or mine and watch anime 10hrs and do smith anohter way?

fish rocktails or do barb

cut ivy isnt inefficient

thiers no really antiefficieency people

noone says "ima mine coal in mining guild instead of lrc because its inefficint!!"

also i only know a coupl peopl that reference adventure log time in regards to efficiency but they usually use it to say "hey i cook or fletch while wwaiting for dungeoneering teams not just wait randomly like u "

i mean even zarfot does reference doing something easy instead of attentionfocused

on his videos he sometimes said something like "this requires alot of attention so i dont usually do this"

also depends what year someone started as well..

lots of people started in 2004 or something and have more exp than me just adds up over the years

other people started in 2008 and have more exp than mee from being "efficient" or just taking advantage of certain updates jagex gives like bosses and stuff or when i stopped playing much in 2009 lots maxed. iif you take the game to seriously it does end up with "quitting" especcially wherever the "wall" is how far someone can go with the game before they dont enjoy it anymore.

imo thier are certain things that i like people be "efficient" with such as i use a defender not a dfs for slayer >.> i usually consider how many hrs a certain thing will take with one method versus another. I pick the method i like best outa a few methods and considering speed/gpcost into that factor as well.

yeh many of people on this thread are low stats u say cuz they arent nolifers but yeh choosing a method that can be nolifed enjoyably is part of getting 200m all skills or any skill for that matter

also would you rather pay full attention to skills that can easily be afked for a few extra exp/hr or get a lil less in these skills but pay attention on the skills that take more attention (hunter/thief/fire/con/summon/dungeoneering)

as well as spending the time that your paying full attention to rs on questing or other stuff

StarViv.png

Viv, that view only works if you assume everyone to have near infinite time to play, which most of us don't. For an average person that can play around two hours a day, being efficient is using that play time to its maximum extent and not using lazy training methods. It is, however, true, that for some people that have a lazy lifestyle and can spend a major part of their day behind a computer would benefit from lazy training methods while doing other things, HOWEVER, such perspective is not efficient gameplay, rather efficient usage of time(assuming you can call nolifing that). For me, personally, because i play the game to relax and have fun, never train any skills afk, for the major reason that i'd be just fooling my self saying i enjoy cutting ivy or fishing rocktails- Nobody really enjoys afking, it's rather a burden they carry.

Isn't it impossible to take individual tastes and time spent playing into account when determining efficiency?

Only two things aren't subjective when it comes to efficiency : Exp/hour, and Gp/hour. Since fun can't be factored into this, people will suggest methods based on those two, since you can't prefer low exp/hour to high exp/hour...

ZMFg2.jpg

Viv, that view only works if you assume everyone to have near infinite time to play, which most of us don't. For an average person that can play around two hours a day, being efficient is using that play time to its maximum extent and not using lazy training methods. It is, however, true, that for some people that have a lazy lifestyle and can spend a major part of their day behind a computer would benefit from lazy training methods while doing other things, HOWEVER, such perspective is not efficient gameplay, rather efficient usage of time(assuming you can call nolifing that). For me, personally, because i play the game to relax and have fun, never train any skills afk, for the major reason that i'd be just fooling my self saying i enjoy cutting ivy or fishing rocktails- Nobody really enjoys afking, it's rather a burden they carry.

people dont enjoy afking they enjoy the other task yeh but its important to realize why people choose lazy methods. most of the non afk methods of fish and wc arent fun either! SO the most fun is the lazy method.

people choose fun yes thats why so many people could get 100m+ dungeoneering so easily compared to the amount oof 100m+ other skills and most of the people oon this thread that praise efficiency usually use thier time on monsterhunting and not really grinding slow skills

i think alot of people that cant play that much will use the most efficient method gameplay wise for the less enjoyable skills yet they arent getting extremely high goals(nolifer goals) doing the slow skills in "short burst" mmight be the best way to 200m them but most top exp players either neglect the slow skills or choose lazy method. I mean in the top 15 most are either negletct or admitted to use the lazy methods at least sometime - tho if u chooose the wrong llazy method (monkfish instead of rocktails) then it might be considered plain dumb. effigies kinda help the slow skills get up tho ;)

edit:yeh fun isnt factored in efficiency however it is factored in if someone can nolife a slow skill for a long timee

StarViv.png

This thread is also about 200m in all skills, so until someone who plays 2 hours a day manages to join the race I don't know how is that relevant.

What I was saying in the first place was that 'efficiency' is over-emphasized when it comes to this, when the actual deal is more about consistency instead of doing speedy bursts and finding it's too much pressure to keep up in the long run. I'd still do the same no matter how long I played for each day though, yes that may be just me but people tend to reach a limit after repeating a certain action too many times and that also goes for grinding this game, and I'm online more for the other things I can do at my computer, particularly talking to the people here and using internet resources to educate myself.

Logging out because you refuse to take it easy and do a low-concentration skill when you're not able to pay full attention to RS is hardly efficient, just take a look at what happened to Zarfot.. He has "quit" twice now, perhaps because he wasn't playing the game for enjoyment?

Just find it funny how majority of the pro-'efficiency' guys have no stats themselves... :rolleyes:

Obviously being efficient in the light of paying full attention to RS is not fun.

Obviously Zarfot quit because he ran out of things to do that require his attention. Or if that were the case, obviously playing the game as a challenge for intensive skilling is not legitament and the only thing people play RS is for is lot of XP in all stats.

Obviously there is 0% chance that Zarfot quit for anything other than because he refused to take it easy and play for enjoyment. Obviously there were no real life conflicts, things he was more interested in, etc.

Obviously the goal of every pro-'efficiency' guy is to get as much XP in every stat as they can.

Obviously the goal of every RS'er is to play the scapes of the RS and [bleep] as much XP as they possibly can until the day they die as that it the only legitament excuse for quitting.

---

Can't speak for many others but myself. I am probably one person you would consider one of these :rolleye: people. My goal was to max 2376 in as little time as possible because I didn't and still don't have a lot of time. After 155 days of play time I was done and had really no interest in playing (until dg recently). Yeah, almost all of my stats are at 13m xp still and to someone with 2b xp, you would probably throw me into this category of people who think they are pro and efficient but in the end are just people to laugh at, rolleyes, etc. But I can hardly be put into the same category.

People play RS for different reasons. Some play for the challenge of engaging game-play. So there's no reason to cut ivy and AFK/play other games/homework when you want the in-game challenge of cutting teaks/alching logs, etc. On the other hand, you play for the accumulation of as much XP as possible. They are both legitament and can be mixed obviously. Some play for ranks, others for XP/levels/etc. But to role-eyes at one or the other is just simply ridiculous. It's like trying to judge football to the rules of olympic swimming, or trying to judge Lady Gaga according to the standards of J.S. Bach (or visa versa).

EDIT: Yeah, I realize this is about 200m, but I say this because I feel obligated to defend myself and a lot of my friends and community who hold these ideals. The sentence "Just find it funny how majority of the pro-'efficiency' guys have no stats themselves... :rolleye - I simply find a bit outrageous. I mean, to really say something that condensending, you would have to think that every person in RS is attempting 200m in all skills.

EDIT: Yeah, I realize this is about 200m, but I say this because I feel obligated to defend me and a lot of my friends and community who hold these ideals. The sentence "Just find it funny how majority of the pro-'efficiency' guys have no stats themselves... :rolleye - I simply find a bit outrageous. I mean, to really say something that condensending, you would have to think that every person in RS is attempting 200m in all skills.

Actually it always seemed to me as though the people who tell me to be efficient think that it must be my life goal to accumulate as much xp as possible, and that I have no idea how to manage my account. *shrug* do they?

Games aren't about judging others, I was more trying to point out how this efficiency-discussion on this particular thread seems to be more off-topic than anything, and you certainly don't need to take offense, just like it doesn't bother me at all if people see Zarfot as the best player because he is super hyper mega pro efficient.

Isn't it impossible to take individual tastes and time spent playing into account when determining efficiency?

Only two things aren't subjective when it comes to efficiency : Exp/hour, and Gp/hour. Since fun can't be factored into this, people will suggest methods based on those two, since you can't prefer low exp/hour to high exp/hour...

Somethings can. Those both assume ability to pay enough attention to RS. There are times where I NEED to do things IRL, so I can WC ivy, or not be on at all. Then, ivy are the most efficient.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Somethings can. Those both assume ability to pay enough attention to RS. There are times where I NEED to do things IRL, so I can WC ivy, or not be on at all. Then, ivy are the most efficient.

i spent 30 minutes trying to say your second sentence and couldn't figure it out lol then u said it right off the bat, thanks now i feel stupid. But yeah as to my post on prev page this is 1 of the main points i was trying to make

aribiterspar3.png

EDIT: Yeah, I realize this is about 200m, but I say this because I feel obligated to defend me and a lot of my friends and community who hold these ideals. The sentence "Just find it funny how majority of the pro-'efficiency' guys have no stats themselves... :rolleye - I simply find a bit outrageous. I mean, to really say something that condensending, you would have to think that every person in RS is attempting 200m in all skills.

Actually it always seemed to me as though the people who tell me to be efficient think that it must be my life goal to accumulate as much xp as possible, and that I have no idea how to manage my account. *shrug* do they?

Games aren't about judging others, I was more trying to point out how this efficiency-discussion on this particular thread seems to be more off-topic than anything, and you certainly don't need to take offense, just like it doesn't bother me at all if people see Zarfot as the best player because he is super hyper mega pro efficient.

some people care more about the top players accounts than the top players themselves example - this thread lol

i barely have 600m total exp but some people assume that maxed players are all going for ranks and exp

and yah a big part of the topic 200m all skills is enjoying the game and getting consistant exp not "i can get 5k mining exp/hr than u!"

StarViv.png