200M in all Skills

Makilio

EDIT: Yeah, I realize this is about 200m, but I say this because I feel obligated to defend me and a lot of my friends and community who hold these ideals. The sentence "Just find it funny how majority of the pro-'efficiency' guys have no stats themselves... :rolleye - I simply find a bit outrageous. I mean, to really say something that condensending, you would have to think that every person in RS is attempting 200m in all skills.

Actually it always seemed to me as though the people who tell me to be efficient think that it must be my life goal to accumulate as much xp as possible, and that I have no idea how to manage my account. *shrug* do they?

Games aren't about judging others, I was more trying to point out how this efficiency-discussion on this particular thread seems to be more off-topic than anything, and you certainly don't need to take offense, just like it doesn't bother me at all if people see Zarfot as the best player because he is super hyper mega pro efficient.

Also responding to your post about "Just find it funny how majority of the pro-'efficiency' guys have no stats themselves... :rolleye

However me myself have only been "playing" this game for under a year ( yeah i made the acc in 2004 and logged on and did stuff before but I didnt actually start playing the game to play it till like june of this year) and in this time have done everything I could to learn everything I could about efficiency and training methods and ...etc and dont have any outstanding stats (except for maybe 72.5m rc xp) but in the grand scheme i know that's really not that much but I realize the difference between always using the max xp/h methods and then logging off..etc

I just know the knowledge to where if some1 asks whats the most " efficient thing to do for this if my goal is 200m xp in all stats" ..etc or wanna do this the fastest way..etc but like I said before its not about how much time you can do it in, getting there faster so ofc ivy is better then logging out..etc assuming you even want to be "efficient"

Also i think people who tell others how to run their account is moronic, people should play and manage their accounts how they want to do it, yeah math is math and yes youd spend less time at teaks or whatever but if the person doesnt care or want to do it then people should l2 mind their own business, the information or advice is given, its declined, people should leave it alone.

aribiterspar3.png

EDIT: Yeah, I realize this is about 200m, but I say this because I feel obligated to defend me and a lot of my friends and community who hold these ideals. The sentence "Just find it funny how majority of the pro-'efficiency' guys have no stats themselves... :rolleye - I simply find a bit outrageous. I mean, to really say something that condensending, you would have to think that every person in RS is attempting 200m in all skills.

Actually it always seemed to me as though the people who tell me to be efficient think that it must be my life goal to accumulate as much xp as possible, and that I have no idea how to manage my account. *shrug* do they?

Games aren't about judging others, I was more trying to point out how this efficiency-discussion on this particular thread seems to be more off-topic than anything, and you certainly don't need to take offense, just like it doesn't bother me at all if people see Zarfot as the best player because he is super hyper mega pro efficient.

some people care more about the top players accounts than the top players themselves example - this thread lol

i barely have 600m total exp but some people assume that maxed players are all going for ranks and exp

and yah a big part of the topic 200m all skills is enjoying the game and getting consistant exp not "i can get 5k mining exp/hr than u!

viv, why are your stats glitched lol?

i couldnt come up with reading the posts of effiecieny, sry so i might as well just switch to the main topic

which actually is when suomi is going to max, i find it a bit awkward that he stopped dungeoneering for the wc for a week and now returned, any particular reasons?

our fellow skiller pure kq pax is also only 1 level away from being maxed (a maxed skiller sweet)

I would deduce it would be impossible, given that RuneScape has ten more years to be live and actively supported, and that new skills, which are possibly difficult, would be added every now and then.

This deduction of mine, and probably many others, however, may be obsolete if training for certain skills were to be made easier, which in my opinion is a bad path to travel, but nevertheless, would make attaining 200,000,000 Experience in all of the skills more likely to be achieved in RuneScape's lifetime.

Vandite

"Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Vandite.png

some people care more about the top players accounts than the top players themselves example - this thread lol

i barely have 600m total exp but some people assume that maxed players are all going for ranks and exp

and yah a big part of the topic 200m all skills is enjoying the game and getting consistant exp not "i can get 5k mining exp/hr than u!

viv, why are your stats glitched lol?

i couldnt come up with reading the posts of effiecieny, sry so i might as well just switch to the main topic

which actually is when suomi is going to max, i find it a bit awkward that he stopped dungeoneering for the wc for a week and now returned, any particular reasons?

our fellow skiller pure kq pax is also only 1 level away from being maxed (a maxed skiller sweet)

name change- x[) ill fix

idk but variety helps keep game interesting

yah i did a few dgs with pure kq pax were ok :)

maxed f2p and maxed skiller became more unique with a 120 skill on the tables lol

StarViv.png

Aasiwat said it, the main point to maxing out all skills or gathering major XP is consistent training over a long period of time. This is why players like him, Jdelacroix and Drumgun are up there in the top 5. They all had slow and fast streaks but they've been training consistently over the last years. In the end, the player who will eventually max out will simply need to get the XP, be it from fast training or consistent "average" training. The end result is what matter most though. An efficient player who trains at the fastest pace 30 minutes everyday will probably be outrained by someone who puts in more hours. If I battle someone in PVP, it doesn't matter how we both trained... only what our stats are.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

You know what I think? All the people here are making difficult calcs and making up theory's but I think the top players actually don't really play like that (training based on theories and calculations), I think they take it alot easier then the people in Here

This.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

You know what I think? All the people here are making difficult calcs and making up theory's but I think the top players actually don't really play like that (training based on theories and calculations), I think they take it alot easier then the people in Here

This.

The point i was trying to make, and still am, is that because these top players effectively spend their lives playing the game, normal efficiency doesn't apply to them. Their goals are so wast and playing time they endure makes up most if not a majority of their daily activities that it's inevitable that they are not just playing the game to have fun but are grinding themselves trough skills while doing other things that they enjoy more. They are no-lifers, and because of this, typical efficiency as stated so many times doesn't apply to them. In their own right they are all efficient in squeezing as many hours of a day to play the game and doing methods that result in slight xp loss. Efficiency for a person who has a healthy and balanced lifestyle, playing around 2 hours a day and someone who spends up to 18 hours a day playing the game are two very different things, and as such, we can't apply the normal efficiency to them(or have to apply a high attention/clicking frequency modifier to it).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Tbh, I don't hold much respect for any Xp gained through an afkable method. Regardless of efficiency, being able to gain constant Xp over a period of time with little to no interaction is really just Jagex-approved autoing. I'm not saying that you should have to click every single tick, but being able to gain Xp over several minutes time without having to do anything is just ridiculous. This is partly why I do Agility, because it can't be cheated through. I'm actively involved in "playing Agility", not devoted to some other task while gaining free Xp with RS merely a secondary task. If I were to decide to do something other than RS for a short period of time, I would not be able to gain free Xp for my time being away. At most, all I get is a few seconds to spare before an obstacle is over and I have to click again. I'm also not blindly clicking in the same spot as I did last time.

In terms of efficiency, I look at it in a different respect than other people. For me, maintaining "perfect speed"(the maximum possible speed around a course) is a game. When I'm training Agility, I'm actually just having fun trying to maintain perfect speed for as long as I can. If I mess up, I don't stress over it, but instead just try again. I'm doing my 1bil goal through all courses to be able to play my game at various places. From one point of view, I'm being inefficient by using low Xp/hr courses. From another point of view, I'm focusing on being the most efficient I can be at any specified course. However you see it, though, I'm still having fun. You play a GAME to have fun, right?

To put this in terms of general RuneScape gameplay, I don't see why other people can't try to use maintaining "perfect speed"(or as high a rate as they can get) as something to be fun, a game. Striving to maintain that high rate of efficiency in any specific method, whether that method actually be the most "efficient" Xp/hr or not, should be something enjoyable to the player and should be able to hold the player's attention. Afkables themselves are [bleep]ing boring unless you have something else to divert your attention from the game. If you're then bored of what you're doing on RS, why even play?

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

This.

The point i was trying to make, and still am, is that because these top players effectively spend their lives playing the game, normal efficiency doesn't apply to them. Their goals are so wast and playing time they endure makes up most if not a majority of their daily activities that it's inevitable that they are not just playing the game to have fun but are grinding themselves trough skills while doing other things that they enjoy more. They are no-lifers, and because of this, typical efficiency as stated so many times doesn't apply to them. In their own right they are all efficient in squeezing as many hours of a day to play the game and doing methods that result in slight xp loss. Efficiency for a person who has a healthy and balanced lifestyle, playing around 2 hours a day and someone who spends up to 18 hours a day playing the game are two very different things, and as such, we can't apply the normal efficiency to them(or have to apply a high attention/clicking frequency modifier to it).

Personally I still like to come home after my daily activities and relax instead of calculating how to gain experience 10% faster. I guess that's the part you will never get. I know I can't speak for all of the 'top players' but you would probably be rather surprised to find out about how much I value a healthy lifestyle if that's something you need to keep emphasizing in every post.

As for the jagex-approved autoing (@Jebrim), I agree but that's just what happens with updates such as the 5 minute logout, the game has slowly but surely been degrading from what it once was and personally that just doesn't make me very interested in training something like agility though, which will most likely be even easier/faster in a year from now. I know the challenge aspect and maintaining perfect speed around a course is fun, just not something I'm personally interested in at this point.

Personally I still like to come home after my daily activities and relax instead of calculating how to gain experience 10% faster. I guess that's the part you will never get.

This.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Tbh, I don't hold much respect for any Xp gained through an afkable method. Regardless of efficiency, being able to gain constant Xp over a period of time with little to no interaction is really just Jagex-approved autoing. I'm not saying that you should have to click every single tick, but being able to gain Xp over several minutes time without having to do anything is just ridiculous. This is partly why I do Agility, because it can't be cheated through. I'm actively involved in "playing Agility", not devoted to some other task while gaining free Xp with RS merely a secondary task. If I were to decide to do something other than RS for a short period of time, I would not be able to gain free Xp for my time being away. At most, all I get is a few seconds to spare before an obstacle is over and I have to click again. I'm also not blindly clicking in the same spot as I did last time.

In terms of efficiency, I look at it in a different respect than other people. For me, maintaining "perfect speed"(the maximum possible speed around a course) is a game. When I'm training Agility, I'm actually just having fun trying to maintain perfect speed for as long as I can. If I mess up, I don't stress over it, but instead just try again. I'm doing my 1bil goal through all courses to be able to play my game at various places. From one point of view, I'm being inefficient by using low Xp/hr courses. From another point of view, I'm focusing on being the most efficient I can be at any specified course. However you see it, though, I'm still having fun. You play a GAME to have fun, right?

To put this in terms of general RuneScape gameplay, I don't see why other people can't try to use maintaining "perfect speed"(or as high a rate as they can get) as something to be fun, a game. Striving to maintain that high rate of efficiency in any specific method, whether that method actually be the most "efficient" Xp/hr or not, should be something enjoyable to the player and should be able to hold the player's attention. Afkables themselves are [bleep]ing boring unless you have something else to divert your attention from the game. If you're then bored of what you're doing on RS, why even play?

This, pretty much. If i'm not actively engaged in the game, i get bored. Staring at a fishing spot watching my inventory fill slowly over 5 minutes isn't fun, alching the fish while i fish them, however, is. I have fun pushing myself to go full speed, to see how fast i can go. The most fun I'll have doing agility is racing a friend that also wants to go full speed, there's nothing like some friendly competition to keep things interesting. When i finished off getting 99 mining recently, i heated and dropped the bars while doing it. AFK'ing mining is boring, and practising double and triple-dropping bars without losing any time for me is FUN. :) That said, i used juju mining potions, so that i could alt tab pretty much at will without slowing down the mining, within limits. Balance between nolife powergamer grinding, and occasional short AFK breaks, the perfect pace for me. People here need to remember that the top players aren't playing for you, they never have been, they play for THEMSELVES. Just because you enjoy tossing around xp/h numbers and 100% efficiency methods, doesn't mean they're going to enjoy using them for the 100% of the time they're logged in. Human beings, not machines.

Also, i don't use mousekeys, because i've always seen it as botting with a jagex approved, smiley face sticker on it. Tapping a couple keys on your computer to click at (frankly) inhuman speed is something i have no interest in doing, i'd like to play at my own pace. I can log on whatever computer i want, load up runescape, and play, not have to whine about getting mousekeys set up.

Just my $.02

Well put, even though I'm not a big fan of agility.

I have more fun trying to get maximum xp rates, and looking up info about it, calculating etc. than just watching my character cut ivy. Maybe you find calculating stuff stressful, Aasiwat, I actually like doing this kind of stuff before/during I start training it

Well put, even though I'm not a big fan of agility.

I have more fun trying to get maximum xp rates, and looking up info about it, calculating etc. than just watching my character cut ivy. Maybe you find calculating stuff stressful, Aasiwat, I actually like doing this kind of stuff before/during I start training it

Indeed. I really hate AFK skills. I can hardly stand prayer and herblore, and those actually benefit me. Slayer and dungeoneering are my two favorite skills for a reason. ;)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

AFK skills are for training while watching the NFL on a Sunday night (baring in mind the 'evening game' in the US starts at 1.45am here). With all the commercials, you only have to look up at the screen every 30 seconds anyway. The commercials drive everyone insane, but I've got something to keep me occupied. If Slayer, Dungeoneering and mini-games are meant for fun, AFK skills are for driving away boredom whilst you do something else, like read, watch TV/iPlayer/films, write or listen to some music.

That said, I'm not a great fan of watching my avatar chop ivy whilst I sit there and do nothing but stare vacantly. When you play anything on the Xbox, your skills are constantly being utilised because you constantly have to input commands. With RuneScape sometimes you just click and watch, which is basically the same as sitting in a room and staring at a wall when you think about it.

Personally I still like to come home after my daily activities and relax instead of calculating how to gain experience 10% faster. I guess that's the part you will never get.

This.

shows that neither you know what efficiency is.

Doing a big load of calculations is not what it is(and that's really why we have grimy's sheets), rather having a good knowledge of the game and being well informed about new updates, which doesn't really waste any additional time(quite like merchanting).

Also, i know very well what it takes to play 10 hours a day for a some-what prolonged period of time(~a month) and it is VERY unlikely that anyone can maintain that pace(or even go up to 18 hours a day) and have a healthy lifestyle both physically and emotionally- effectively, you are wasting your intellectual potential for nothing and weather you like it or not, it's not healthy. Whatever any of the top players may say about why or how they play, you can pretty much be sure they aren't very successful in life as a whole, atleast as long as they play the game.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

At the end of the day I personally see it as running a long distance race. Ofcourse over the race positions will change, people will increase or slow down or even drop out. This is exactly like Runescape and just because somebody speeds up training s/he's suddenly everyones favourite. Whether your training fast for short bursts or steady over a long period of time its possible to finish it either way. The fact is that everyone is different and have different techniques they prefer. Its more of a longterm task but just remember the story of the Tortoise and the Hare.

Hope I got my point of view across clear enough :)

Jon x

At the end of the day I personally see it as running a long distance race. Ofcourse over the race positions will change, people will increase or slow down or even drop out. This is exactly like Runescape and just because somebody speeds up training s/he's suddenly everyones favourite. Whether your training fast for short bursts or steady over a long period of time its possible to finish it either way. The fact is that everyone is different and have different techniques they prefer. Its more of a longterm task but just remember the story of the Tortoise and the Hare.

Hope I got my point of view across clear enough :)

Jon x

I like your username.

It's very original.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

xpx is starting to sound like one of the level 80s who flame all high levels for being fat nerds. And what does 'being successful in life' however you may see it have to do with this? Not everyone needs to, or wants to have a full time job at a specific point in their lives, nor is it the only criteria for being successful. And while you keep coming with your efficiency stories I will be happy to spend time further improving my physical condition, filling the gaps in my knowledge and having a non-obsessive mindset towards video game efficiency, so keep it up. :thumbup:

Just some simple maths:

Amount of hours in a day: 24

Amount of hours spent sleeping on average: 8

Amount of hours spent awake: 24-8=16

Assumed amount of hours played: 10 (somewhat accurate in my case)

Amount of hours left for other activities: 16-10=6

Additionally, being able to do other things during the hours spent playing if you don't go full concentration.

xpx is starting to sound like one of the level 80s who flame all high levels for being fat nerds. And what does 'being successful in life' however you may see it have to do with this? Not everyone needs to, or wants to have a full time job at a specific point in their lives, nor is it the only criteria for being successful. And while you keep coming with your efficiency stories I will be happy to spend time further improving my physical condition, filling the gaps in my knowledge and having a non-obsessive mindset towards video game efficiency, so keep it up. :thumbup:

Just some simple maths:

Amount of hours in a day: 24

Amount of hours spent sleeping on average: 8

Amount of hours spent awake: 24-8=16

Assumed amount of hours played: 10 (somewhat accurate in my case)

Amount of hours left for other activities: 16-10=6

Additionally, being able to do other things during the hours spent playing if you don't go full concentration.

Sometimes the way someone WANTS to spend their life isn't healthy. Not working and spending those 8/9/10 hours you'd work playing a game is not healthy, period. Being healthy is eating healthy, going to the gym and/or doing Multiple sports, have a girl/boyfriend, have a lot of social contacts etc. Sad but true is 95% of the top players do not have anything mentioned of the above. Might still be good for them to do what they want, does not mean it's healthy.