200M in all Skills

Makilio

Semi-Offtopic: Zarfot removed all his youtube videos from his channel. Maybe in an attempt to distance himself from this game as much as he can?

I think they're just private

Yes, just private.

Maybe he doesn't want to be tempted to return to RS?

No. Zarfot said all his vids are now useless because it's not hard to click on a effigy.

If he actually believes that then he's pretty silly tbh. Because noone is going to use effigies to train every single skill - after combat stats have been maxed out the xp/hr from effigies plummets, and as the slower stats get finished the benefit of the xp you do get drops as well. Noone is going to use effigies to train firemaking, summoning, thieving etc. etc.

Yeah, he's probably only half-serious. It seems as if it's more of a rant against Jagex, not that they don't deserve it.

Castle of Zoltar

I hate it when people mention the "Cave Crawler" Method is super easy and super fast effigies, I doubt everyone can afford that, also it is a pretty tedious activity, from what I've heard..

Effigies make the game easier without a doubt, but if you train Slayer the normal way, you will get enough of them to boost a lot of skills, it is cetainly not faster to train other skills with effigies only, beside the Runecrafting skill, whereas you would lose a humongous amount of cash, and even Rcing sounds sounds a ton faster if you just hire runners, at a lower cost..

From what I see Zarfot stopped because he wants to change his lifestyle, which was a good decision, I don't think "effigies" where the reason.

I also don't understand why the average Players are mad of effigies, or are they all intrested to raise all skills to 200m? Kudos to those, who just enjoy the game and aren't fixed or mad at exp rates, exp in general or the Holy book of effigies..

Effigies don't influence the game fun, they just give you more exp. Give it up guys, or are you just levelling to 2496 and then quit? Then you should really ask yourself if you have enjoyed the game afterall or even wasted your life.

F2p's fastest leveling person :), check out my blog:

My Goal-thread to max F2P within a year and a half :P.

Nuffbutmage.png

I hate it when people mention the "Cave Crawler" Method is super easy and super fast effigies, I doubt everyone can afford that, also it is a pretty tedious activity, from what I've heard..

Effigies make the game easier without a doubt, but if you train Slayer the normal way, you will get enough of them to boost a lot of skills, it is cetainly not faster to train other skills with effigies only, beside the Runecrafting skill, whereas you would lose a humongous amount of cash, and even Rcing sounds sounds a ton faster if you just hire runners, at a lower cost..

From what I see Zarfot stopped because he wants to change his lifestyle, which was a good decision, I don't think "effigies" where the reason.

I also don't understand why the average Players are mad of effigies, or are they all intrested to raise all skills to 200m? Kudos to those, who just enjoy the game and aren't fixed or mad at exp rates, exp in general or the Holy book of effigies..

Effigies don't influence the game fun, they just give you more exp. Give it up guys, or are you just levelling to 2496 and then quit? Then you should really ask yourself if you have enjoyed the game afterall or even wasted your life.

effigies most likely had an influence like they did alot of players personally alot of players hate when exp is massively increased especcially for hard skills and its almost been a year since effigies came out so not as much outrage from people now but before when we found out "woah these things give 135k overall exp ea almost instantly" "woah u can get more than one in one day???" "woah u can get multiple ones in a task" "damn it saves 96 minutes of skilling" it made people that had initially high slayer/combats mad (i had just base 13.8m or maybe 15.8m slayer dont remember so didnt affect me that way ) what did make me see the effect of effigies was when i was doing slayer and was getting 100k-200k runecraft exp for doing nothing - now i grahak rced for 18.6m rcing and then didnt rc at all and now i have 26m+ rc exp ??? 8m rc exp outa thin air and the rest of my effigies ive used on slayer its helped allot and that can save 2-5 hrs of slaying a day basically....b4 effigies i think id probably be like 13-15m slayer exp less at least.....also alot of my skills have gone to 17m+ with 3m+ gained from investigating...

however i enjoy the game and find effigies a fun aspect of the game to figure out...choosing which skill combos are best and they have also motivated me for slaying...

About cavecrawlers - its basically paying 2m an hr for an effigy pre maxed cb its an excellent way to get exp/combat if you feel like paying attention to your game 90mins saved skilling - 60mins for efffigy = 30 mins time basically free but its worth it to do the buyables head on cuz using a lamp on a buyable would be 2m for the 48k exp or about 50gp/exp but for rc/agil it could be a considerable method.....slayer was proven faster at cavecrawlers in the longrun however i think if someone hates slayer that much they will also hate doing cavecrawlers that much too =P. but it is alot of paying attention if you accually wanna kill cave crawlers and thier is a big difference in your effigies /hr if you pay attentions or dont...(i only did 1hr thier and got 3 effigies from luckscape also did another hr with 0) anyway its not really something to do longterm thiers other things to camp like blackdemons, darkbeast, black dragons(can pick up bones to break even better than ashes at black demons which waste timE)those 3 can also give good effigies =P

people always rage at updates that make skills faster/easier because of the work that was put in b4 such as like concentrated gold it changed mining in a hugge way from a clicky grindy skill to an afking ish skill but also faster than normal granite :o but see concentrated gold was praised by people that hadnt done mining yet (yay me) and was very annoying update for someone that did mining the hard way at granites....

I know many people if they made agil 100k/hr and fun course wouldnt rage but people that already got so far probably would thats also why people turn to fast skills first as a change wont devalue the skills as much

also content that doesnt give a faster exp rate is ignored usually.....or peopel are expected to quit thier old way of training when a new way comes along such as c2 fish (idk if its still better but i heard it is still better after the nerf ) people just deemed barb as inefficient

IDK why i wrote so much im going to sleep lol

StarViv.png

If he actually believes that then he's pretty silly tbh. Because noone is going to use effigies to train every single skill - after combat stats have been maxed out the xp/hr from effigies plummets, and as the slower stats get finished the benefit of the xp you do get drops as well. Noone is going to use effigies to train firemaking, summoning, thieving etc. etc.

Actually I found a while ago that it would be better for me to get 99 prayer by camping crawlers because some of the cost was made up for by saving money on firemaking and prayer. When you add in the time saved on skilling it was a better option. But I cba to make the 700m needed and lucky I didn't because prayer is getting cheaper now :P

Which reminds me. Drumgun will stand a better chance at getting 200m in all combat skills now!

I think that the key to not quitting is accepting the fact that inevitably the game will get easier over time, and using those updates to your own advantage instead of complaining how they depreciate the value of XP. In a couple years 200M everything will seem more realistic than it does now.

A13d.png

All Jagex needs to do is make 200m a requirement for some crazy cape. I'm surprised how many 138s, are actually forcing themselves to get 5k castlewars games. For a cape trim? They don't seem to realize they don't have to get it.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

All Jagex needs to do is make 200m a requirement for some crazy cape. I'm surprised how many 138s, are actually forcing themselves to get 5k castlewars games. For a cape trim? They don't seem to realize they don't have to get it.

Some people want to complete the game as such, or have OCD and cant rest not knowing there is something they havent done.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Some people want to complete the game as such, or have OCD and cant rest not knowing there is something they havent done.

So now if you make a 10 200m cape, those people will then force themselves to get 10 200ms.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

This is the kind of thing I 'suffer' from, the need to have it all. I'm sure some day I'll be walking around in a trimmed cape, but for now I work on Max...

Either way, the reason for not going even further crazy IS valid. There ARE people, like me, who have this undying need to have everything the game has to offer.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

You can't have done it all, also since by the time people have all the reqs for trimmed completionist cape there will be another high-leveled reqs cape.. or hat..or whatever :D

Semi-Offtopic: Zarfot removed all his youtube videos from his channel. Maybe in an attempt to distance himself from this game as much as he can?

Yes, just private.

No. Zarfot said all his vids are now useless because it's not hard to click on a effigy.

Aside from mainly academic interest, I don't think I've seen anyone talking about seriously planning to use cave crawlers for large amounts of experience, at least not on the scale of the top players. The cost is ridiculous, and they're considered mind-numbing even by players seeking/getting 200M in skills :P.

Cave crawlers are actually very cheap for the amount of time saved/xp gained. I'm pretty sure it is only like 20-25gp/xp for runecrafting if you don't value any other of the experience obtained, which isn't likely. Compared to herblore and prayer I'd say its pretty cheap.

Legendknewl.png

Jdelacroix has reached 2,6B xp and is still training smithing and thieving.

Kingduffy has reached his 17th skill over 50M a couple days ago for 5th place behind Allar, Zarfot, Elias and Nintendo Swe.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Yes, just private.

Aside from mainly academic interest, I don't think I've seen anyone talking about seriously planning to use cave crawlers for large amounts of experience, at least not on the scale of the top players. The cost is ridiculous, and they're considered mind-numbing even by players seeking/getting 200M in skills :P.

Cave crawlers are actually very cheap for the amount of time saved/xp gained. I'm pretty sure it is only like 20-25gp/xp for runecrafting if you don't value any other of the experience obtained, which isn't likely. Compared to herblore and prayer I'd say its pretty cheap.

Crawlers are 1.18 effigies per hour now. If you count the range and melee xp with the effigies, you are getting 80k+120k+1.18*138029=362k total xp per hour. I'll go with 350k to not overestimate. If you are using 5.4k cballs per hour @ 244 gp per ball that is 1.318m per hour. So its 1.318m/350k = 3.8 gp per xp. Pretty cheap for an optimal method of training.

If you have already maxed melee and range, so you only get the effigy xp you are still 1.18*138029= 162k xp per hour, still spending 1.318m, so that is only 8 gp per xp.

Could someone link a video/guide of cave crawler killing please? Seems exactly the sort of thing I would want to be doing.

Would yak or steel titan be better?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Could someone link a video/guide of cave crawler killing please? Seems exactly the sort of thing I would want to be doing.

anything but combat familiars would basically be useless. Iron and steel titans have a huge advantage over any other familiars , resulting in over 100 kph by themselves. There isn't much to figure about crawlers apart from being fast and having high apm, vex has a good guide about it in the aow section.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/280097-effigyscape-wip/page__pid__4851482__st__220#entry4851482

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/280097-effigyscape-wip/page__pid__4851482__st__220#entry4851482

So are there any vids of this new steel titan method that supposedly brings the kill rate up to 850

A13d.png

Crawlers are 1.18 effigies per hour now

Were they updated or was a new method discovered

Yeah there is a new method of using your steel titan to lure crawlers to within your cannons range. I am not 100% on how it works, but if you go to vex's effigyscape guide I think it is in there.

Titan 100%, you use it to lure the crawlers to the cannon to get your kills per hour up to 850.

Crawlers are 1.18 effigies per hour now

Were they updated or was a new method discovered

Using the steel titan luring method + new completionist cape bonuses. Castle wars said he ran south occasionally to make them aggressive again. Using the lure method people had already gotten 850 kills per hour but without picking up green charms.

Also if you value your time over 7mil/hr cave crawlers are better than slayer.