200M in all Skills

Makilio

Not pure afk firemaking at the jadinko lair because you have to get (untradable) curly roots, but it's way more AFK than oldskool FM.

As for updates, achievments always get "lessened". But 200m in anything is still a huge achievement. Let alone having so many in some of the most tedious skills.

Yea it just makes me sad that non-afk methods like bolts while fletch, rc, turn runes into dust, etc turn in afk methods.

Yea I think they should provide a group of options at varying cost levels, where non-AFK (ala focused paying attention 100% of the time) is worth more xp/hr or cheaper gp/hr than methods that are AFK. (so AFK should be either higher gp/hr or lower xp/hr than other methods for the skill)

Preferably without making all skills into "gp = massively higher xp" I dislike that prayer, herb, etc can be done way faster but at a very huge cost. (because then people who already have gp or find gp easy to make have an even bigger advantage)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Why shouldn't people who are able to make money be rewarded for it?

They should. But I don't think this should be true of every skill. It should be less cliff like though. For example, more money should give faster xp rates, but it shouldn't be obscenely faster unless its obscenely more expensive (ala demon thrones). And there should always be skills that reward some other aspect of the player.

I want to see variety like there is now continue. I don't want to see every skill turn into prayer. But neither do I want every skill to turn into agility/runecrafting

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

"Bonfires (Free and Members' Update)

Invite other players to add logs to your fire and everyone contributing will gain bonuses to their Firemaking XP gain, and hopefully make a few new friends in the process; the entire activity is far less click-heavy than old-school Firemaking, leaving you plenty of time to chat."

Make-X Firemaking finally comes true?

How can you guys enjoy updates like Runespan and this? It only makes the game easier. :/

Well it's only logical - the way it is now is that once you reach 83 fm, jadinko lair becomes available to you - it's less click-intense, higher xp (unless you're burning magic logs) and free. The way it's gonna be after the update (if it's something like burning curly roots only with logs) - low xp/afk/cheap (burning maples for example), good xp/non afk/free (jadinko), even best xp/afk/expensive (magic logs). That seems fair to me. It's really just giving us choices for high level firemaking...

goro.png
[spoiler=Skill level siggies are a so 07]tipit_siggy.png

What skill is extremely expensive that gives much faster xp rates?

Most buyables I can think of are tiered nicely without too much of a cliff in between xp rates and gp costs.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Most buyables I can think of are tiered nicely without too much of a cliff in between xp rates and gp costs.

I guess in a way Frost Dragon Bones over normal Dragon Bones, it's 3x(?) faster but costs alot more money. Wouldn't be too bad if it had for instance a level requirement in prayer to bury, but essentially you can get 1m exp per hr with FDBs at level 1 prayer.

Overall though, I do agree that most methods are pretty nicely tiered.

I guess in a way Frost Dragon Bones over normal Dragon Bones, it's 3x(?) faster but costs alot more money. Wouldn't be too bad if it had for instance a level requirement in prayer to bury, but essentially you can get 1m exp per hr with FDBs at level 1 prayer.

Ah Dragon bones have dropped quite a lot. Still ,between those and frosts you have Dagannoth & Ourg bones which slot in between the 2 as alternatives.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Ah Dragon bones have dropped quite a lot. Still ,between those and frosts you have Dagannoth & Ourg bones which slot in between the 2 as alternatives.

Ah true, didn't think of those, even if it's pretty unrealistic for at least say Ourg, they still are there.

Ah true, didn't think of those, even if it's pretty unrealistic for at least say Ourg, they still are there.

I think you've forgotten there is a difference between Ourg bones from zogres and Ourg bones from Graar. The bones from Graar are reasonably priced and buy easily.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

The bonfire update is not going to be nearly as bad as people are anticipating. When Jagex say bonfires will be better than firemaking as it is, they're not talking about pyrelord firemaking, they're talking about one-line firemaking, which is obsolete anyway, thanks to Jadinko lair firemaking.

Jadinko lair firemaking is a great high-level method for training firemaking, as it doesn't consist of absolute repetition like standard firemaking, it requires observation as well as attention (spotting curly roots), it has 'surprise' rewards (3 or 4 auto-burns with adze) and allows the player to rest for parts of it. On top of this, it provides a free, fast (but not as fast as click-intensive magic log pyrelord firemaking) and ultimately enjoyable way of training firemaking.

My prediction is that bonfires will require less attention and interaction than Jadinko lair firemaking, but will be less xp/hour and won't be as 'enjoyable'. This will provide a slower but more viable training method for younger or more casual players with shorter attention spans.

Thus, firemaking will become similar to woodcutting; both having a low attention, low xp method (ivy / bonfires), medium attn/xp (powercutting pines/teaks) and a high attn/xp (splitting pines with a dragon hatchet) method.

All in all, it sounds like a good update, as long as the highest tier bonfires (magic) don't exceed 75% the speed of Jadinko lair (so, about 250k/hour max).

Crystalfarm.png

I think you've forgotten there is a difference between Ourg bones from zogres and Ourg bones from Graar. The bones from Graar are reasonably priced and buy easily.

Good point, forgot about Bandos lol. So yeah I guess pretty much every skill is appropriately tiered really.

The bonfire update is not going to be nearly as bad as people are anticipating. When Jagex say bonfires will be better than firemaking as it is, they're not talking about pyrelord firemaking, they're talking about one-line firemaking, which is obsolete anyway, thanks to Jadinko lair firemaking.

Jadinko lair firemaking is a great high-level method for training firemaking, as it doesn't consist of absolute repetition like standard firemaking, it requires observation as well as attention (spotting curly roots), it has 'surprise' rewards (3 or 4 auto-burns with adze) and allows the player to rest for parts of it. On top of this, it provides a free, fast (but not as fast as click-intensive magic log pyrelord firemaking) and ultimately enjoyable way of training firemaking.

My prediction is that bonfires will require less attention and interaction than Jadinko lair firemaking, but will be less xp/hour and won't be as 'enjoyable'. This will provide a slower but more viable training method for younger or more casual players with shorter attention spans.

Thus, firemaking will become similar to woodcutting; both having a low attention, low xp method (ivy / bonfires), medium attn/xp (powercutting pines/teaks) and a high attn/xp (splitting pines with a dragon hatchet) method.

All in all, it sounds like a good update, as long as the highest tier bonfires (magic) don't exceed 75% the speed of Jadinko lair (so, about 250k/hour max).

Except splitting at arctics doesn't require nearly as much effort as pyrelord fming or even conventional fming and yet most people that train wcing still do ivy... Most people will jump at the chance for an afkable method that gives decent Xp/hr and won't bother with more click-intensive ones. The reward gap either isn't large enough or the afkable one is simply way too high to begin with.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Except splitting at arctics doesn't require nearly as much effort as pyrelord fming or even conventional fming and yet most people that train wcing still do ivy... Most people will jump at the chance for an afkable method that gives decent Xp/hr and won't bother with more click-intensive ones. The reward gap either isn't large enough or the afkable one is simply way too high to begin with.

Ivy is what 80k exp/hour and pines are what 120k exp/hour? I think that is a big enough difference (1/3rd)

TwoDimension.png

380th to 200,000,000 Cook.

Ivy is what 80k exp/hour and pines are what 120k exp/hour? I think that is a big enough difference (1/3rd)

Pines are 120k if not splitting, 130k if splitting with adze and 140k if splitting with dragon hatchet.

The fact is that pines are almost as afk as ivy (or even equally afk), the only big deal for some people is the dropping. If you split with dragon hatchet for some more efficient woodcutting experience, you will just get extra 20k xp/hr which is ridicolous low.

Pines are 120k if not splitting, 130k if splitting with adze and 140k if splitting with dragon hatchet.

The fact is that pines are almost as afk as ivy (or even equally afk), the only big deal for some people is the dropping. If you split with dragon hatchet for some more efficient woodcutting experience, you will just get extra 20k xp/hr which is ridicolous low.

Yup, it's ridiculously low effort if you dont split. Safe to say between C2 wc and pines ivy is never neccesary anymore, esp as soulwraiths are as afk as ivy [more predictable (10 successes per spawn.)]

As for the bonfires, I doubt they'll beat jad lair as that is pretty afk to begin with..

As a side note, there is a much [read 25% better] method of training def (or even all melees) than monkeys, so idk why you use that as a standard.

Yup, it's ridiculously low effort if you dont split. Safe to say between C2 wc and pines ivy is never neccesary anymore, esp as soulwraiths are as afk as ivy [more predictable (10 successes per spawn.)]

As for the bonfires, I doubt they'll beat jad lair as that is pretty afk to begin with..

As a side note, there is a much [read 25% better] method of training def (or even all melees) than monkeys, so idk why you use that as a standard.

So splitting is a reward of 18% increase in exp?

I wasn't overlly pleased when they made Ivy either btw, I did over 100k yews, over 30k mages, over 80k oaks about 2 years before ivy came out. But hey [garden tool] methods get better and so does other ways to make gp. As with life technology gets better so I guess deal with it.

TwoDimension.png

380th to 200,000,000 Cook.

So splitting is a reward of 18% increase in exp?

I wasn't overlly pleased when they made Ivy either btw, I did over 100k yews, over 30k mages, over 80k oaks about 2 years before ivy came out. But hey [garden tool] methods get better and so does other ways to make gp. As with life technology gets better so I guess deal with it.

That's what I'm saying though. It's only slightly less afk and people still refuse to train there or to split while doing it. Although it does seem that Jake has influenced some people to start wcing there recently with his presence alone.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Well Summoning should be 0 time,

Lulwut

Tell me your hax pouch making strategy?

Sorry was mistake on my part, I meant "charm gathering". Same concept as superheating lrc. Lowers mining xp/hr just a little but you get the mage and smith.

In other news

Da Broman1 has finally entered the top 15, bumping Zarfot down to 16.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101