Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

gt is group gatestone, gd is guardian door and m is move. So: Move the group gatestone to the guardian door.

Obviously if you didn't have a gd gated you couldn't do this. Then maybe everyone got mad because you were supposed to gate a gd and you didn't.

Hey Digital, I would've explained in dungeon, but I was keying so let the others tell you (didn't want 3 people saying the same thing to you). Basically I said it because we'd just opened a dead end and didn't have any useful doors nearby, so mgtgd meant move ggs to a gd if you have one gated, i said the gd bit because i knew someone had said they had a gd gated. I could've said mgt, which would just mean move ggs somewhere useful (like a puzzle, mono, emotes, ramo, merc or gd).

It can also mean move the ggs to a gd you're in at the moment, because the ggs might be on the other side of the map, and the keyer wants it moved somewhere useful (for this they could also say 'drag gtgd')

Thanks for the clarification guys, I didn't have anything useful gated at the time and I don't remember anyone telling me I was supposed to. I could have missed something though, I was mostly just trying to keep up and decode all the acronyms being thrown around :P. I'm learning though, thanks for putting up with me :)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New data just in (courtesy of balthalmel), we've determined the approximate defense of max level range zombies. (they seem to have ~lvl 99 defense and 0 slash armor).

Anyways based on this data, a plain primal battle axe > a plain primal rapier on them, even with turmoil flashing.

anyways assuming this + turmoil flashing on a max level range zombie.

primal baxe has a dps rating of about 84.68 to a primal rapier's 84.35.

this is based on ~400 hits worth of data, so there is still a reasonable margin of error.

but it doesn't really look good for the primal rapier if it's inferior to the battleaxe even when turmoil flashing.

This make the primal rapier only really useful for maybe shades (need more data on their defense) and for stabbing.

there might still be some potential in the 2h-rapier combo, but I have my doubts about that combo.

And I definitely don't think DGS should authorize that if the player does not have a primal 2h.

Now that I've seen this data, I'm beginning to think I should let go of my rapier (+prom 2h) and switch to b axe + CCS. I don't think there are too many CCS's in DGS atm now that people have gotten like dozen Blood nekcs lately :P

AbandonnedHeroDpser22.png

New data just in (courtesy of balthalmel), we've determined the approximate defense of max level range zombies. (they seem to have ~lvl 99 defense and 0 slash armor).

Anyways based on this data, a plain primal battle axe > a plain primal rapier on them, even with turmoil flashing.

anyways assuming this + turmoil flashing on a max level range zombie.

primal baxe has a dps rating of about 84.68 to a primal rapier's 84.35.

this is based on ~400 hits worth of data, so there is still a reasonable margin of error.

but it doesn't really look good for the primal rapier if it's inferior to the battleaxe even when turmoil flashing.

This make the primal rapier only really useful for maybe shades (need more data on their defense) and for stabbing.

there might still be some potential in the 2h-rapier combo, but I have my doubts about that combo.

And I definitely don't think DGS should authorize that if the player does not have a primal 2h.

Now that I've seen this data, I'm beginning to think I should let go of my rapier (+prom 2h) and switch to b axe + CCS. I don't think there are too many CCS's in DGS atm now that people have gotten like dozen Blood nekcs lately :P

I reckon you should, I rarely get a team with a ccs in these days :(

ichigosig2da4.jpg

The maximum level mod is 10% for killing 100% of monsters and minimum around -21%(-21% is the lowest anyone has confirmed) for only killing monsters in gds.

Actually, a +10% level mod can be obtained by killing only around 90% of monsters in the dungeon. And in a no gd dung (had one in both c1 and c6), I've gotten -22% level mod before.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I've been wondering if binding cosmics would be any good, just about everyone in DGS has a cbs bound so perhaps a member using cosmics could be beneficial. I was thinking that I'd buy a toolkit immediately then start sprinting through paths until i found a gd or something, and then i'd be able to quickly mgt there and then make laws right after.

Mach_One.png

hU6h3.pngnsYsa.png

I've been wondering if binding cosmics would be any good, just about everyone in DGS has a cbs bound so perhaps a member using cosmics could be beneficial. I was thinking that I'd buy a toolkit immediately then start sprinting through paths until i found a gd or something, and then i'd be able to quickly mgt there and then make laws right after.

Only if you are a skilled keyer, imo. Non keying it isn't as useful unless the keyer knows to drop you the gt right away.

siggya.png

This has been talked about quite a lot with the DGS ranks in skype.

We agreed that it is useful for a keyer, and a keyer only

Basically, if you're using cosmics, you don't grab any table loot, you just run out of the start room and explore, finding a gd asap

This is quick starting and can be useful

However not many people can do it right so we don't suggest it

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

The maximum level mod is 10% for killing 100% of monsters and minimum around -21%(-21% is the lowest anyone has confirmed) for only killing monsters in gds.

Actually, a +10% level mod can be obtained by killing only around 90% of monsters in the dungeon. And in a no gd dung (had one in both c1 and c6), I've gotten -22% level mod before.

I was moreso talking about p2p large dungeons, as i believe level mod can go over 10 otherwise. As far as i've seen you need to kill 95%++ monsters to get 10% level mod, usually resulting to people getting 8-9%. As noone has ever got -22% in a p2p large, we can't confirm that.

Austin, it highly depends on the mindset of the dungeoneers. As more skillful deaths make for a faster, less frustrating dungeon, it's usually considered ok to take 1-4 deaths. That said, you have to abide by the 30 second rule- if a death you take will save the whole team 30 seconds, it would be your duty to take it. For the average dungeon it would be hard to get survivor with this mindset, but for nonrape really low level mod dungeons that can go to 14-17 minutes, it usually isn't. That said, wrath suiciding is still discouraged.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Suicide wrath dging is no skill required, and something I don't like seeing.

better off trying to survive.

You'll benefit from pushing yourself, even if it might cost you what minimal damage you would have gained from wrathing.

Naaxi.png

You'll benefit from pushing yourself, even if it might cost you what minimal damage you would have gained from wrathing.

What is the maximum damage wrath can inflict upon a single target? In a 3x3 grid that could be worthy of multiple combat turns, seems worthwhile, especially if you don't care about XP (beyond 120).

abandonnedherokeyer15.png

Is the Urn half empty or half full?

dgsl.jpg

What is the maximum damage wrath can inflict upon a single target? In a 3x3 grid that could be worthy of multiple combat turns, seems worthwhile, especially if you don't care about XP (beyond 120).

retribution is up to 247, presumably wrath is the same.

that's not really enough damage to be worth it, considering how many game ticks death loses you.

you probably have better dps with melee than with wrath, even if you hit 3 targets.

Naaxi.png

It can hit 3x your prayer lvl. It's pretty good when there's 2+ primal warriors and lots of other stuff in a gd.

It can hit 3x your prayer lvl. It's pretty good when there's 2+ primal warriors and lots of other stuff in a gd.

The question is, does one death save the whole team 30 seconds, and if it doesn't, it's not worth it and thus discouraged in DGS. I think there should be an added point to the DGS medals that you can't have more than 3 deaths for one.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

29p3x3q.jpg

you're not expected to know all the pots off by heart.

Keep a list in your notes section or something so you're not going 'wat herb/second do i need?'

also i do like to buy humidify runes/vials/claws at the start of a dg if not keying, for buckthorn->pray pots and other such snaping bsn.

I have cosmics.

k2iq7n.png

29p3x3q.jpg

you're not expected to know all the pots off by heart.

Keep a list in your notes section or something so you're not going 'wat herb/second do i need?'

also i do like to buy humidify runes/vials/claws at the start of a dg if not keying, for buckthorn->pray pots and other such snaping bsn.

I think yours is cluttered with too much unneeded information.

Here is mine, personally:

110620160103.png

First line is flower room. Last one you can't see says blink moves north and east.

Also, nice sub 10 large :P

siggya.png

What's better for doing occults. 45-47 x4 or 47 x12? time to leave the dungeon and extra 8 times adds up.

Rows are better if you can find people to do them.

Single floors aren't too bad because you can overload before each one, but leaving and reentering does take longer generally + finding new teammates adds time.

siggya.png