10 Year Veteran Cape + Solomon's Store, 17th July

Polodevil

Seriously, so nobody knows anything about the boobs?

It seems like the new outfits come with a complementary boobjob and free fingers, but boobs and fingers haven't been added to the normal character models in the live game yet. (or maybe they'll be a feature of solomon's shop too)

Seriously, so nobody knows anything about the boobs?

It seems like the new outfits come with a complementary boobjob and free fingers, but boobs and fingers haven't been added to the normal character models in the live game yet. (or maybe they'll be a feature of solomon's shop too)

The boobs and fingers are part of the new player model that's due out with the combat overhaul, but the new costumes do seem to include them in the models.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Don't really care about the new store thing. Likely won't buy anything, and it's cosmetic for now so who cares. Squeal is worse, but hasn't proven to be the end of the world yet.

Not a huge fan of the look/emote of the 10 year cape, but still excited to get it in ~10 months.

I was incredibly, incredibly outraged by this update.

Then I saw headbutt mining and everything was okay again and it is the greatest thing ever. I got it and went to the Mining Guild to confuse the heck out of some miners, but then realized all 13 of the people there are bots. :sad:

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole King Solomon thing was intentionally done by a dev. One of the things that keeps me from just up and leaving is that the developers seem to genuinely care about the players most of the time--its the investors and management that seem to be out to squeeze our wallets dry.

• Like 1

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

"Why are you charging for items?

The new Customisation System requires a lot more development effort per item, and we're also taking longer when making the content to make sure it's extra special"

"The new Customisation System requires a lot more development effort per item"

"requires a lot more development effort".

Good to see our money is going to making Jagex more money, and not improved gameplay. :?

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Something tells me they COULD add loyalty costumes into the "customize character" settings, but they won't. Why? Because money.

Optimally, I'd like to see a bunch of cosmetic items added to the customize interface. Such as holiday items, "vanity items", loyalty items, etc. Probably not anything tradeable, though.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I would love to see the regular character outfit settings to be change-able in the new interface (base shoes, etc) New interesting thing though, I bet you can take the new cosmetic stuff into dungeoneering!

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

"Why are you charging for items?

The new Customisation System requires a lot more development effort per item, and we're also taking longer when making the content to make sure it's extra special"

I'll bite...in terms of raw programming time, that's about 10-20 hours. You already have all of the objects you want to work with; you'll only be adding a flag or decorator that allows you to introduce a new look on said object. With graphics, that's probably an additional 75-100 hours. So it's about 3 people's entire work week worth of development time.

I share the frustration though; Jagex were able to wheel this code out in relatively short order, but only until very recently was a new Penguin quest announced, and we haven't heard jack about a new Elven quest - both of which would be a better use of resources.

Well, when you need money, what better way to do it than to give people something small and innocuous, such that they'll actually consider spending more cash? I guess that membership alone isn't bringing in the droves like it used to.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Yes the intent is to make money. Yes I wish they would be more candid about that. But, we honestly don't know how long this has been in development, or how much work it requires. And it definitely is something players enjoy in other games.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Because you should know better by now. it won't stop at just cosmetics.

We've passed that point already. Yelps is among the best training methods in the game. This is a huge improvement by comparison.

No, you're not paying close enough attention. I'm saying that Solomon's shop will go beyond cosmetics. As others have mentioned, bonus exp cards, gp bundles, etc.

Yeah sure it will. But two things to note:

First of all, I don't criticize an update for what is going to go with it in the future (that is not confirmed). The solomon update is completely alright because it's cosmetic. Is it likely it will be more than cosmetic in the future? Yes. Does that make the current update worse? No.

SoF IS already selling xp. It's also selling money with the increased cash gains and lucky items that allow you to sell your normal stuff. They are already doing what everyone fears Solomon may become. If solomon offers advantages in the future, that would suck, but it's not worse than what SoF is already, except maybe that you get better advantages for your cash.

The only real step left over that I can think of is having SoF or solomon-only items that give you an advantage you cannot gain through other means (e.g. a weapon that's just more powerful than any other weapon)

Decided the only thing that could make me like this Solomon update would be a Nyan Cat teleport. Until then, this is bullshit.

Think it's only a matter of time until they add non-cosmetic stuff to it, in much the same way as they eased us into SOF before unleashing the RWT side of it.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

How has this game turned into a subscription based with micro-transactions model? Jagex are getting as greedy as Activision/Blizzard :(

Sub + micro-transactions is the way of the future. There are very few truly subscription-based games left anymore because companies realize that by selling in-game benefits to people who are after immediate gratification, they can make boatloads more money.

Runecoins are undoubtedly to become Jagex's version of "<company name> points," an in-house currency only redeemable for game benefits. Right now, it's just cosmetic gear but mark my words, this is the beginning of a full micro-transactions model.

td2sig.jpg

On the bright side, we probably won't see a squeal of fortune update every 2 weeks anymore.

inb4runecoinsonsof

according to some rsof threads they already are.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

On the bright side, we probably won't see a squeal of fortune update every 2 weeks anymore.

inb4runecoinsonsof

according to some rsof threads they already are.

Probably the same people that told us about the degradeable slayer helm.

22031_s.gif

Would be cool if you get like 300 free Runecoins a month, just like you get "free" Loyalty Points each month.

Under two years till I can get my Ten year veteran cape. :(.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I really like the idea of Solomon's store, actually. At least Jagex is being more forthcoming with the microtransactions this time. "Give us money, we give you fancy schmancy outfits, animations, etc."

On the other hand, the Squeal of Fortune is more along the lines of "you can buy 'bonus spins' to get extra chances to play the Squeal of Fortune". No, we (I don't buy spins personally, mind you) don't buy the spins for the exhilarating experience that is the Squeal, we buy them for all the free shit and heaps of xp lamps. Then they put "rare limited-edition cosmetic items" on the Squeal, never mentioning that you will most definitely have to buy spins if you want a snowball's chance in hell of "collecting them all".

Solomon is selling us useless overpriced junk, but at least he's doing in legitimately. Yelps comes off as a drug dealer with his ambiguity and vague phrasing. "You got da money? I got da shit you want. I know you need dis shit." It really just skeeves me out.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Someone said something about 200 free Runecoins =d.

How do you get those?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I AM wearing my mask as a protest tbh...

Oa0BC.png

I've also vomited up better looking things than that cape after a heavy night out...

Overall I am sad, sickened and disappointed.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

well, they finally did it. RWT has come to rs. and to think i used to respect jagex. *sigh* this is why you never let the game's creators be bought out.

table flip in

6jdr4i.jpg

DO YOU BELIVE THIS BS? SOF WAS BAD ENOUGH BUT THIS BS? ARRRGH!!!!

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I'm quite annoyed with the 10 year calculations. My account was made in October of 2001, my recoveries were set Feb 28, 2002 yet I have 196 days left. Typically RuneScape is good at responding via twitter, but today they aren't answering questions worth a damn.

Hope this gets resolved. Not that I really play anymore, but I want the cape!

Peace,

Vann

I'm quite annoyed with the 10 year calculations. My account was made in October of 2001, my recoveries were set Feb 28, 2002 yet I have 196 days left. Typically RuneScape is good at responding via twitter, but today they aren't answering questions worth a damn.

Hope this gets resolved. Not that I really play anymore, but I want the cape!

Peace,

Vann

Or you got your calculations wrong and it was October 2002 which is far more likely.