10 Year Veteran Cape + Solomon's Store, 17th July

Polodevil

I've got 'over a year' until 10 yr vet according to Hans. Seems about right I believe it should be cotober-ish next year I can get it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nice little quality of life bonus with this... I don't have to go to Varrock every time I teleport to mobilizing armies to remove the stupid title it gives me.

It also looks like everyone gets 200 coins for free.

Riqualyn.png

It's like they want to imitate Maple Story or something. The new rwt features are remarkably similar.

- Gachapon is functionally much like SoF

- A special currency linked to ingame money

- Massive amounts of cosmetic items bought only with this currency

We're only missing 2x exp and item cards now.

Insight Venture Partners are the investors of both Jagex and Nexon... just saying.

[404] Signature not found.

IVP killed Maplestory.

Round two, Runescape.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

All this talk of people not being able to get 10 year cape...wouldn't surprise me if Jagex only counted since the first day you bought members or something. Or it glitched. Who knows.

I'm still sad there's no official record of us 2001ites, we're all lumped together in day 1 of members for our creation date.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

IVP killed Maplestory.

Round two, Runescape.

This is very true ~ also be known that the firm is being run by former Goldman Sachs - and IVP has a big hold in runescape...

pretty much it is about cashflow now.... not about game play. They want their quick profit so their CEO can get their bonus.

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

All this talk of people not being able to get 10 year cape...wouldn't surprise me if Jagex only counted since the first day you bought members or something. Or it glitched. Who knows.

I'm still sad there's no official record of us 2001ites, we're all lumped together in day 1 of members for our creation date.

I joined in Spring 2003, and according to Hans I just need 'less than a year' for the cape. Seems about right.

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

IVP killed Maplestory.

Round two, Runescape.

This is very true ~ also be known that the firm is being run by former Goldman Sachs - and IVP has a big hold in runescape...

pretty much it is about cashflow now.... not about game play. They want their quick profit so their CEO can get their bonus.

Well yeah but that's been the case AT LEAST for the last two years when IVP took full control, if not before that. So I still don't understand the fuss.

I'd hope they'd remove SoF if Solomon gets them enough cash, but chances of that are very slim lol. Here's to hoping :P

Nice to see everyone finally seeing the truth about their account age.

Was getting tired of all the idiots claiming they started playing runescape back in 1999 or something retarded like this.

Wannabeoldschoolers r[]fl

I know I started playing before February 27, 2002, which is the date Jagex is using to judge whether or not people's accounts are 10 years old, so I'm good. Feels kind of weird to think I've been playing Runescape (off and on) for 10 years now.

yvsfc.png I don't Like the Emote <_<

I don't Support Real World Trading or using the Refer a Friend Program :angry: :angry:

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

I don't really mind it, but it seems like it is the end of the world for some people.

That's because RS used to be different from all the other idiotic (generally asian) MMO's. Now it's turning into one of those games.

Usually MMO's have a) a monthly fee or b) microtransactions. Of course Jagex seems to be part of the "Why not both?" school of thought now.

Well, if it is getting too idiotic for you, play a different game. The thing is, you don't have to use the micro transactions to compete with others. Everything can be done without them.

Let's see if this means anything:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_of_England

Just started googling Soloman... Him being the king of Israel was simply too easy to comment on, so I looked at the disambiguation list... That particular one sprung out :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

lol at King Solomon of England being famous for "introducing ruthlessly efficient mechanisms of taxation". Yep. sounds like runecoins.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Before you head off to get your cape and enjoy its impressive new emote, we’d just like to say a big thank you to all of our loyal players members...

On a topic unrelated to that quote, I truly don't like the direction Jagex is taking. If we accept this, what else will Jagex try to push through? Just looking at the posts in this thread, a worrying amount of people are desensitized by the SoF saying that at least this is much better than the SoF. I can see this being a green light for Jagex to release more microtransactions, starting with time-expiring ones, and maybe ending with combat items.

Phase two of Operation DestroyRS, complete.

I'm really tempted to use my 200 rcoins on that Guy Fawkes mask as a form of protest, but I'd only be willing to do it if others do the same :P

22031_s.gif

Before you head off to get your cape and enjoy its impressive new emote, we’d just like to say a big thank you to all of our loyal players members...

On a topic unrelated to that quote, I truly don't like the direction Jagex is taking. If we accept this, what else will Jagex try to push through? Just looking at the posts in this thread, a worrying amount of people are desensitized by the SoF saying that at least this is much better than the SoF. I can see this being a green light for Jagex to release more microtransactions, starting with time-expiring ones, and maybe ending with combat items.

Phase two of Operation DestroyRS, complete.

I'm really tempted to use my 200 rcoins on that Guy Fawkes mask as a form of protest, but I'd only be willing to do it if others do the same :P

Sounds like the mass protest the public did at the end of V for Vendetta film, when they marched on the fascist Norsefire party that nearly destroyed England with there political decision-making.

Seriously love that movie :D

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

I don't see the problem with this, it's far less worse than SoF. At least no one can gain an advantage here. If someone wants to spend 40 bucks on an outfit, all power to them.

This.

You can buy... New outfits and titles. How is this worse than gambling for ingame benefits?

Because you should know better by now. it won't stop at just cosmetics.

hzvjpwS.gif

It's a little odd that you cant pk or even enter the wilderness with those customisations. Perhaps if the squeel didn't exist I might be ok with this update. Microtransactions for purely cosmetic (no stats or xp bonuses) items.

That's because you can hide armour/weapons under the new clothing apparently.

Why doesn't armour just trump "customisations" then. e.g If you have the Guy Fawkes mask and put on a helmet it disappears until you take it off.

Because these customizations and cosmetic gear in general is pointless if you can't wear your armor underneath it.

Apparently, boobs got bigger with this update. Confirm/deny?

Boobs, anyone? Any news of la boobs?

Perv.

Anyways, I have no problem with this update as long as it stays purely cosmetic. I would've felt this exact same way had it come out before the SoF.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.