10 Year Veteran Cape + Solomon's Store, 17th July

Polodevil

Prices aren't exactly very lenient either. It costs ~$50 AU to buy the assassin pack. $50? I spend less then that for a 100 day membership card. Hell, that's my rent per week. If they're going to go down the micro-transactions path, at least make them affordable.

Sad part is people are buying them. Someone bought the assassin already

outfitlm.png

And tbh, the constructors outfit looks MUCH better as this...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

This new customization system should implement a way to use cosmetic items normally we have from before so we can wear them while having our armour on for combat. Like if you'd like to wear double eye patches over a full slayer helm to get slayer helm stats & boost while wearing the double eye patches.

The 200 free coins banner doesnt show up in firefox for some odd reason.

Does show up in IE and those webkit clones.

For me it did show up in swiftkit, but clicking it caused the screen to freeze. It didn't show up in chrome, but I have adblock plus so I ended up trying in incognito and it showed up and worked for me.

it is cosmetic only, FOR NOW, but it will get updates and soon you will be buying RS gold and items in Soloman store, mark it down!!!!

Sadly, I agree with this. I have just been waiting for runecoins to be added to the game. Now it will go further downwards.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8Mc8comwjVU

Comments of Solo man's store intro video has been disabled.

Damage controll.

@at Cosmetic items NOT giving any advantage:

IF you consider that Runescape has been portrayed as a game for all kind of players then Soloman store and SoF is giving advantage to people with big cash.

In Runescape there is a group of players you could call Fashion players.

So Fashionist players in Runescape who are poor is losing out on the SoF and Soloman store items.

And if there is no such thing as the group i have mentioned then Runescape player variety is not as vast as proclaimed to be.

Treasure Trails is proof of Fashion players existing.

P.S Talk about ripping off players with extremely priced stuff... 50 Aussie money for Assassin costume? ...

TBH, whilst yesterday I was less than enamoured by this news (still disgusted by the cape though...) I now agree that it is the best way for Jagex to do this... If only they get rid of SOF now.

Also, if they made a Templar/Hospitalar/Teutonic outfit... Or Knights of Jerusalem or something AWESOME and medieval, then I'd be all over it.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Found out that the offical Soloman store video is also made private and only those who got link to it (through RS site) can view it.

So general public of Youtube don't got access to it.

A outsiders look at the update may cause MORE critism towards the greedy idiots that is ruining this game.

Here is a better illustration:

An adult who does not play games:

"50 x currency for some virtual cosmetic clothing?!!!!"

An adult who plays games and in particular Runescape:

"I may buy that costume it looks so nice! And all my friends have it!".

When i think about it the whole issue of Jagex doing RWT boilds down to them betraying/lying to their customers/players or whatever people who play rs are to Jagex.

If they had approached RWT of cosmetic items with Honesty i am sure the result would be different.

But not only have they provided an unfair disadvantage with Loyalty members programme, they have been also dishonest about it.

From another perspective (not from my perspective):

Cosmetic items that are bought with real cash may give unfair advantage to rich players because poor players who like Runescape for ROLEPLAYING aspect can't afford to buy fancy cosmetic items. Again look at Traesure Trails items - why are many cosmetic items a bit expensive ? Because there are Fashion players in Runescape. So either Jagex does not know their players or they are intentionally neglecting fashion players.

HONESTY - what Gaming Industry lacks.

I wouldn't mind a special server list, where accounts are rolled back to ~05, just playing in that time again would be amazing... It would easily be worth paying extra for.

What will happen to the beta servers after the EoC comes out? I'd love a sandbox world.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Oh dear, not even F2P is immune from this gimmick. I was borderline when it came to the wheel, but I am rethinking if I want to add to membership. I know they're a company and need to make money, which doesn't bother me in comparison to decreasing subtlety with each update designated for profit is released.

I'm pretty sure it's all to do with the transfer over from rsc to rs2. I have an account that has 9 hp that definitely wasn't created when class choices existed, and definitely wasn't created before tutorial island existed.

All accounts made in classic that didn't train are 9hp in rs2. They just raised the exp needed for level 10 in the formula.

I have tons of accounts that were never trained in rsc (my old mules) none of them are 9hp...even had couple that were still in old tutorial island but later they was transferred to that tutorial quest. I think account needed to be somewhat active during time they transferred to rs2 because about all my mules were inactive years so they ended to tutorial in rs2.

Anyway i claimed my 10 year cape for 3 of my accounts...even paid one of my level 3 old mules to get cape which i knew it was far older than required.

About solomon i hate to admit that jagex got me this time...so i spent some cash for things there. I orginally was against SOF and never had bought spins and will not most likely buy.

We all know this is just start and we will see alot of additions there and sof updates too....id like to see updates to loyalty shop too because i have 100k points that i currently not see necessary to spend for anything there.

So after thinking about it for a bit, yes the Soloman store is ridiculously expensive compared to membership, or reality. But people are using it, and I imagine the egg heads at Jagex figured that the prices they set were low enough that they can get considerable money out of this. While it might be nice to see things be more affordable, we might have to trust that they did price it right, and this will make them lots of money.

Not necessarily, your logic is too straightforward. Sometimes you can make much more money by pricing things lower and selling them in much larger quantities, companies like walmart operate using this strategy very successfully. Not to mention that being a virtual item, the production cost is 0. How many more people would buy the assassin outfit were it priced more reasonably? 5x, 10x? I actually think that Jagex is losing money by pricing it so high. Although apart from the assassin outfit, the other items seem to be correctly priced.

• Like 1

2480+ total

So after thinking about it for a bit, yes the Soloman store is ridiculously expensive compared to membership, or reality. But people are using it, and I imagine the egg heads at Jagex figured that the prices they set were low enough that they can get considerable money out of this. While it might be nice to see things be more affordable, we might have to trust that they did price it right, and this will make them lots of money.

Not necessarily, your logic is too straightforward. Sometimes you can make much more money by pricing things lower and selling them in much larger quantities, companies like walmart operate using this strategy very successfully. Not to mention that being a virtual item, the production cost is 0. How many more people would buy the assassin outfit were it priced more reasonably? 5x, 10x? I actually think that Jagex is losing money by pricing it so high. Although apart from the assassin outfit, the other items seem to be correctly priced.

Just look at Steam. They are selling with 75% discount but they are making 400% profit at the same time. (this means the are selling 16+x the copies they were selling without the discount).

People keep saying the store is cosmetic. It's the right way for Jagex to go. But when I read the "Duration: unlimited" or whatever it was. I feel like I know where this is heading...

I don't like to be pessimistic but this year hasn't been to great for me (Runescape wise ofc).

June we only had 2 updates. The fish flingers is nice. I've played it everyday since. Probably best update this year for me. Crucible I haven't even touched.

Now July we get Gielinor games prep <--- Boring. Hoping the actual games are better.

A quest that wasn't to long. But at least we got a quest.

Now this week. All we get is a 10yr cape. That I can't even get for awhile. The ten year vets definitely deserve the cape. Hell they should get a cape/emote remake even. But for the 10yr cape to be the entire weeks update (besides microtransactions) after a 2 update month. It's just like meh

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

This way they avoid the people complaining that they liked the old animation better? XD

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

For sure it's possible that they could make more money going lower, but I have two thoughts here. The first is that they do have an awful lot of data from both the loyalty shop and the SoF. The loyalty shop gives them a bit of a feel for what people will pay for certain things, by observing what people go for. The SoF gives them a lot of insight into how much money people are willing to part with. In the long term, pricing higher gives them a couple options that they wouldn't have otherwise. First, you price high to take all the big money from the people willing to pay for it, and then you go after everyone else with sales, or even a global reduction in prices. So I expect that when the next round of stuff for the store comes out, a lot of the old stuff will go on sale that puts the prices in a much more reasonable range, which is the same thing we've been seeing with the loyalty programme. By getting money from the wealthier players who are willing to pay for the change to get stuff first, then knocking down the prices to make it more accessible to everyone else, you stand to make more money than you can get by going low first. There are also advantages to pricing too high for the sole purpose of putting on a sale later, in that a sale looks like a better bargain to us. Jewlery stores are famous for this, often pricing things a several times the price their stuff is worth, and putting on huge sales that make you feel like your robbing the seller blind (when they are actually still basically committing highway robbery against you).

Also, once an item is priced low, you can't easily raise the price.

What they should do:

1) Update all of the loyalty rewards that are non-auras into the new system, and make them cost runecoins. Make all beneficial stuff in the loyalty shop, but also let players spend loyalty points to buy runecoins.

2) Stop selling SoF spins

• Like 2

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I'd go for that, Platinum, though I'd be fine if they just removed the buyable spins and left the rest of SoF.

• Like 2

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I can see this going in a few directions but the two I'd be the most mad about would be they either start selling items that aren't purely cosmetic and/or they start making us have to pay for some updates similar to the skill animations in the future. Not a fan at all.