200M in all Skills

Makilio

what does oldschool mean tho?

allot of people on maxed forums started in 2007 but i think 2004-2005

It's extremely hard to tell nowadays, but there are some important goal lines by which we can judge it.

One of the oldest and first of them must be the introduction of members, which was some time in 2002(not entirely sure).

Another is that the person has atleast played rsc while it was the main game and has ears/scythe(2003).

Another one is the release of rs2 in 2004 and the introduction of slayer at the start of 2005.

For me, having started in june, 2003, i wouldn't class anyone that started to play after the release of slayer oldschool, but it differs alot. Another point about parthats is that a large quantity of the ones we have left today(split between rsc and rs2) are not from the original xmas event- during the dupe jagex was able to trace and delete duped crackers but not hats that resulted from opening those crackers.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Been reading this thread for awhile now and i've read most of the pages. While i admire the efficiency of some players i believe it does take away alot of the fun of the game. I began playing right after the GE and had no idea what were the faster ways to train. I just played with a couple friends and raced to a combat 99 from just what i had learned no guides or spreadsheets. I got a lil more serious about my char and wanted him to be more balanced on non combat skills. The more i try to breakdown my time from reading guides and looking at spreadsheets the more fun gets taken away from the game. While i believe no one will ever get 200 million in all the skills the ppl who get the closest are going to be the ppl who really love the game. They're gonna to play it alot longer without getting burned out.

Kjarqu.png

Mod Mat K just posted more information about how the Gp/Time list is calculated. It takes the alch value of all the items you have, not the ge value. Any rares aren't even counted. The list itself really tells us nothing.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Mod Mat K just posted more information about how the Gp/Time list is calculated. It takes the alch value of all the items you have, not the ge value. Any rares aren't even counted. The list itself really tells us nothing.

I'm guessing they just posted it because they already keep track of your bank's alch value and it was very easy to generate a list like that. Same goes for the efficiency list. I'd like to think that Jagex only chose that data because it was available, not because it was useful.

2496 Completionist

I'm guessing they just posted it because they already keep track of your bank's alch value and it was very easy to generate a list like that. Same goes for the efficiency list. I'd like to think that Jagex only chose that data because it was available, not because it was useful.

the efficiency list is sorta useful if u look at it in perspective

theey prob dont have data of other useful data such as exp/hr since getting entrance in the hlf (this would show much more than lifetime)

StarViv.png

Edit2: Older players' disadvantage? LOL. Sure they had more limited resources (prayer being an extreme example), but they also had very cheap partyhats and whatnot. Most hung onto 1 set atleast, that's basically a free 2b starting capital. Big advantage there if you ask me, they could just use that to merch and afford buyable 200m skills easily, which makes up for their slower training methods in the past. Delta 81 would be a good example of this, he just didn't play at all except when coming online for a few minutes to merch with his (easily?) gained money stack, and just nolifes a buyable skill once he has enough money/bought all the supplies for it.

Sigh such a bad post on so many levels. xpx addressed many of the issues, but anyway... Very few people had party hat sets back then, let alone today - if they're still active which 99% aren't going to be. People could have never predicted the way party hats stormed up in value over the years, and even if they did why would they cash in now if they've already held them for 8 years? 'They're going to go up' right?

Let me take you back to 2008:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/377/redinge41508.png

This GE offer sat in for 7 weeks, and eventually did sell - for MIN. The market on phats hasn't always been the way it is in it's present state (risen for past 1.5+ years). I'm sure people get impulsive to sell in these types of scenarios.

You tell of people suddenly becoming rich, well not suddenly, afterall they've held onto these items for 8 years. What about the present state of the RS economy? People in merch clans tripling their wealth in 2 months (and over...and over), I think there's a lot more substance there to complain about then people who 'with luck' have accumulated wealth 8 years down the road.

----------------------------------------------------

Exp rates, I'm only going to touch on prayer but you could easily make an argument for all the skills. I was the 6th to 99 prayer, I trained prayer at the alarming rate of 4k/hr at green dragons which was the best at the time with burying as the only option. I got 99 prayer 1 year and 3 months later (from 70), *after training prayer only* and melee skills of course killing dragons to get the bones. Fast forward to today, Telmo got 22M prayer exp in one day. That essentially means he erased what took me over a year in a little more then half a day. No matter how extreme of an example that is, there's no possible way to despute the fact that old schoolers have been shafted and cannot possibly be viewed as efficient based on today's standards from the numerical list Mod Mat K posted (BTW I'm 490 on the list). Pictures for fun...

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2640/2dv0oxv.jpg

Ecto comes out and suddenly the top prayer highscores becomes condensed near 99 with a lot of new faces:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5672/prayer5.png

Edit2: Older players' disadvantage? LOL. Sure they had more limited resources (prayer being an extreme example), but they also had very cheap partyhats and whatnot. Most hung onto 1 set atleast, that's basically a free 2b starting capital. Big advantage there if you ask me, they could just use that to merch and afford buyable 200m skills easily, which makes up for their slower training methods in the past. Delta 81 would be a good example of this, he just didn't play at all except when coming online for a few minutes to merch with his (easily?) gained money stack, and just nolifes a buyable skill once he has enough money/bought all the supplies for it.

Sigh such a bad post on so many levels. xpx addressed many of the issues, but anyway... Very few people had party hat sets back then, let alone today - if they're still active which 99% aren't going to be. People could have never predicted the way party hats stormed up in value over the years, and even if they did why would they cash in now if they've already held them for 8 years? 'They're going to go up' right?

Let me take you back to 2008:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/377/redinge41508.png

This GE offer sat in for 7 weeks, and eventually did sell - for MIN. The market on phats hasn't always been the way it is in it's present state (risen for past 1.5+ years). I'm sure people get impulsive to sell in these types of scenarios.

You tell of people suddenly becoming rich, well not suddenly, afterall they've held onto these items for 8 years. What about the present state of the RS economy? People in merch clans tripling their wealth in 2 months (and over...and over), I think there's a lot more substance there to complain about then people who 'with luck' have accumulated wealth 8 years down the road.

----------------------------------------------------

Exp rates, I'm only going to touch on prayer but you could easily make an argument for all the skills. I was the 6th to 99 prayer, I trained prayer at the alarming rate of 4k/hr at green dragons which was the best at the time with burying as the only option. I got 99 prayer 1 year and 3 months later (from 70), *after training prayer only* and melee skills of course killing dragons to get the bones. Fast forward to today, Telmo got 22M prayer exp in one day. That essentially means he erased what took me over a year in a little more then half a day. No matter how extreme of an example that is, there's no possible way to despute the fact that old schoolers have been shafted and cannot possibly be viewed as efficient based on today's standards from the numerical list Mod Mat K posted (BTW I'm 490 on the list). Pictures for fun...

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2640/2dv0oxv.jpg

Ecto comes out and suddenly the top prayer highscores becomes condensed near 99 with a lot of new faces:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5672/prayer5.png

Couldn't have said better

Doesn't suprise me, I was 97th on the list and I know my bank isn't great and would have very much doubted it in the top 100 if market values were taken.

Ox logged out and went inactive with max cash both in his bank and his inventory which explains it. Basically most items you own that aren't in cash will be counted as like 50x less valuable than in the GE and since max cash is capped anyway, the gp list is highly pointless as there are many players whose real bank worth surpasses the limit.

Ox logged out and went inactive with max cash both in his bank and his inventory which explains it. Basically most items you own that aren't in cash will be counted as like 50x less valuable than in the GE and since max cash is capped anyway, the gp list is highly pointless as there are many players whose real bank worth surpasses the limit.

Partyhats: 1 gp high alch, most rares: 1-10gp high alch. I dunno how many of you(top players) that own these. I guess you might want to spend the cash on skills rather. But anyway, agree on that list being pointless :P

But then again, if any of these top players was really rich and didn't have their fortunes in street price items(for the lack of street trading), they could still hold their cash in the ge slots(up to 8 max piles) or buy a load of alch price items(dragon skirts, dragon medium helmets) and be on the top of that list. 4b just seems like an awfully low number of coins for the richest maxed player.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Not sure about GE slots, Mat K said he suspects it doesn't include them.

High level players are also likely to have high priced merch items or skill supplies rather than a stack of 100k dragon med helms solely to hold cash (maybe someone will now to make it on top of the list), unless they've gone inactive or already have all buyable skills done. A few people with 5b+ aren't even that high on the list because they had most of their wealth in merch items at the time.

usually successful merchers, whether if you flip or if you p.manipulate, buy either rising items /rares to get rid of their cash so they can make more or they simply buy stable items which wont change for crack like yew logs or other very stable items, but since its better to have a few expenisve items in the bank, than having 2bil needles usually people buy rares.

I mean have you ever noticed that the santa hat, which mainly has such a high ge price because ppl hoarde em and some players have hundreds and hundreds banked, has actually a street value like nothing. Its a crashed item, its not a rare even considering its status for being a discontinued item. Sadly but true, A pumpkin has a 4x street value a disk a 3 x a phat 3-10x, a halfwine jug 80x (lol), a cracker is a different story, i guess no street price can be set for those anymore, since they are untradeable unless for a couple half wines.

usually successful merchers, whether if you flip or if you p.manipulate, buy either rising items /rares to get rid of their cash so they can make more or they simply buy stable items which wont change for crack like yew logs or other very stable items, but since its better to have a few expenisve items in the bank, than having 2bil needles usually people buy rares.

I mean have you ever noticed that the santa hat, which mainly has such a high ge price because ppl hoarde em and some players have hundreds and hundreds banked, has actually a street value like nothing. Its a crashed item, its not a rare even considering its status for being a discontinued item. Sadly but true, A pumpkin has a 4x street value a disk a 3 x a phat 3-10x, a halfwine jug 80x (lol), a cracker is a different story, i guess no street price can be set for those anymore, since they are untradeable unless for a couple half wines.

If you want to store your money in something that doesn't change in price, try spirit shards.. You can have ~50b in those..

D med at alch price is also a good option. It's easier to get rid of at no risk at all with alching and there's also the chance the item gets picked up by a manipulating clan for major profit.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

D med at alch price is also a good option. It's easier to get rid of at no risk at all with alching and there's also the chance the item gets picked up by a manipulating clan for major profit.

I agree on the part about merch clans, but you can sell a pile of max spirit shards to the a pet shop(Yanille and.. 1 more) instantly as well.

Umm, I'm pretty sure you can only sell 50k spirit shards at a time to that shop. When you hit the sell all option, it sells 50k shards back.

I recently sold over 1m shards in 1 go. You can type in the number you want to sell. Np