200M in all Skills

Makilio

Ok guys, I'd like to hear what you think I should do now...

I only need 97 Agility, so I can open all effigies (If the Skill Pairs don't troll me, as I don't have 97 Const, Herb, Craft, Fletch), and I have 38 effigies in my bank, and I'm like 200k to 94 Slayer. Should I first get my agility to 97, and then start slaying again, or should I just slay? This update came at a very bad time, as I had planned to make cash for cannonballs this week, and then use all the cannonballs on slayer, but yeah, crap happens.

You only need 87 agility, clan citadel battlefields can give a +10 boost

Is it a perm boost? And how do I get that boost

Is it a perm boost? And how do I get that boost

You create a clan battlefield with the skill boost plates, edit them so that it gives +10 agility, and resets instantly, then create a simple win condition. Join the battlefield, then stand on the agility square and open the effigy. Works for summon also.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

It looks like Suomi may have already started grinding on a different monster. Yesterday he averaged around 106k xp/hr for attack over a period of 13 1/2 hours. That's significantly faster than the usual 80k/hr he gains at crawlers.

It looks like Suomi may have already started grinding on a different monster. Yesterday he averaged around 106k xp/hr for attack over a period of 13 1/2 hours. That's significantly faster than the usual 80k/hr he gains at crawlers.

If you read his post, he said he would still be cave crawling to 200m att.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

If you read his post, he said he would still be cave crawling to 200m att.

I know what his post said, but the xp gains just don't match up. If he is still at crawlers then he started doing something very differently yesterday, the increase is too big to just be a lucky day.

Reason why I suggest that TD's rates may have not been changed is because Jagex doesnt seem to know how to change values across the board resulting in bugs on every update. Even if TD's DID get changed there is at least one dropper they forgot about. Reason im saying this is because Im not an effigyscaper and this isnt worth my time but there definitely could be some level 90 monster that would now probably be the fastest dropper.

My name is Jagex and I've never heard of Arrays since I use runescript and dont know how to manipulate code on the game engine (also runescript is crap)

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? If there's one drop that can be changed across the board, it's effigies... The drop rate is a function of the combat level. If they changed the function, they changed the drop rate for every monster. They don't have to change the drop rate manually for every monster. It's more like the monster has a flag whether it drops them or don't, nothing else about the effigy drop rate.

goro.png
[spoiler=Skill level siggies are a so 07]tipit_siggy.png

Reason why I suggest that TD's rates may have not been changed is because Jagex doesnt seem to know how to change values across the board resulting in bugs on every update. Even if TD's DID get changed there is at least one dropper they forgot about. Reason im saying this is because Im not an effigyscaper and this isnt worth my time but there definitely could be some level 90 monster that would now probably be the fastest dropper.

My name is Jagex and I've never heard of Arrays since I use runescript and dont know how to manipulate code on the game engine (also runescript is crap)

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? If there's one drop that can be changed across the board, it's effigies... The drop rate is a function of the combat level. If they changed the function, they changed the drop rate for every monster. They don't have to change the drop rate manually for every monster. It's more like the monster has a flag whether it drops them or don't, nothing else about the effigy drop rate.

you'd be surprised how poorly they wrote this game that makes me say this. If I made the game I'd do it like you said but Jagex time and again has supported my theory on some pretty important stuff too

You are arguing against proven facts: http://www.xp-waste.com/mummyscape-t32.html

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

[spoiler=quote]

you'd be surprised how poorly they wrote this game that makes me say this. If I made the game I'd do it like you said but Jagex time and again has supported my theory on some pretty important stuff too

I think the fact that the effigy drop rate is directly based on the combat level has been proven by the mummies. Their combat level was risen because, as a quest monster, they could take some time for players to figure how to kill them. The effigy rate was a side effect of this. They were not given the rate by itself, it was increased automatically because of the combat level change. It's an example of omitting the basic rule of programming that whenever you change something, you have to make sure you haven't broken something else by the change (though this change was most likely not done by a programmer, it might have been just some designer playing with the tables to make sure the monsters have appropriate combat level for their strength and purpose the change of the combat level is justifiable but they shouldn't have kept the flag that they drop effigies (and probably shouldn't have had it in the first place being a quest monster))

goro.png
[spoiler=Skill level siggies are a so 07]tipit_siggy.png

That's how we found crawlers basically. Took the formula and picked something noone had killed/logged any data from. Did a high enough smaple and became fairly confident that's how it worked. Subsequent updates with glacors, mummies, ganos have all fallen in line roughly with that formula.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

I'll leave this here. (Not my video)

Costs for method:

[hide]

Normal kyatt summoning:

Barker Toad - 7.9 gp/xp

Unicorn - 24.3 gp/xp

Steel Titan - 1.3 gp/xp

Geyser Titan - 12.3 gp/xp

Summoning at Taverly and selling pouches to Magestix:

Barker Toad - 10.0 gp/xp

Unicorn - 35.3 gp/xp

Steel Titan - 13.4 gp/xp

Geyser Titan - 15.3 gp/xp

Summoning at Taverly and converting to scrolls:

Barker Toad - useless scrolls

Unicorn - 23.9 gp/xp

Steel Titan - 2.45 gp/xp

Geyser Titan - 13.8 gp/xp (probably hard to sell)

prices instant ge as of 15/02/1

[/hide]

Patch within a few days so better hurry suomi@@ ;-)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I'll leave this here. (Not my video)

Costs for method:

[hide]

Normal kyatt summoning:

Barker Toad - 7.9 gp/xp

Unicorn - 24.3 gp/xp

Steel Titan - 1.3 gp/xp

Geyser Titan - 12.3 gp/xp

Summoning at Taverly and selling pouches to Magestix:

Barker Toad - 10.0 gp/xp

Unicorn - 35.3 gp/xp

Steel Titan - 13.4 gp/xp

Geyser Titan - 15.3 gp/xp

Summoning at Taverly and converting to scrolls:

Barker Toad - useless scrolls

Unicorn - 23.9 gp/xp

Steel Titan - 2.45 gp/xp

Geyser Titan - 13.8 gp/xp (probably hard to sell)

prices instant ge as of 15/02/1

[/hide]

Patch within a few days so better hurry suomi@@ ;-)

Time saved training Summ this way doesn't weigh up to missing out on 1.1x bonus. So unless it's not getting patched it wouldn't be an option. I actually doubt it'll be patched though.

Good find :).

I just started using Rapier instead of Longsword since the effigies got nerfed really bad even if you don't have any effigies. 5 effigies so far in 15 hours, still a very nice bonus though for just training Combat.

I support nerfing the effigies still but it was too late, they shouldn't have released them in the first place.

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

I just started using Rapier instead of Longsword since the effigies got nerfed really bad even if you don't have any effigies. 5 effigies so far in 15 hours, still a very nice bonus though for just training Combat.

I support nerfing the effigies still but it was too late, they shouldn't have released them in the first place.

With the current nerf, will you be waiting for the Runecrafting update that was promised (from what I've read) or will you be doing ZMI (or perhaps runners?) I think a lot of people are willing to run double natures for you.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

I will finish 200M Attack at Cave crawlers anyways and finish Runecrafting at Zmi if they nerfed it a lot.

I don't really see the point in going Zmi now and getting 200M Runecrafting since I will still be getting effigies when getting 200M Attack and it's best to use effigies on Runecrafting of course.

I don't know yet about the update or runners.

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

I will finish 200M Attack at Cave crawlers anyways and finish Runecrafting at Zmi if they nerfed it a lot.

I don't really see the point in going Zmi now and getting 200M Runecrafting since I will still be getting effigies when getting 200M Attack and it's best to use effigies on Runecrafting of course.

I don't know yet about the update or runners.

Actually cave crawlers may not be the optimal method for training combat anymore if the effigy rate is that bad. I know it is an extremely small sample set but say we take the 5 in 15hours as fact so 1/3 effigy per hour.

I am also assuming these xp rates for the investigation skills:

Firemaking: 600k/hr

Woodcutting: 130k/hr + 30% as FMing xp

Farming: 1.3m/hr

Crafting: 660k/hr

Thieving: 260k/hr

Hunter 275k/hr

Runecrafting: 69k/hr

Melee: 150k/hr <-vyrewatch apparently is the fastest. I don't know that for sure though.

- Melee at crawlers is now 100k/hr with you using a rapier.

So from that we can develop this equation to make sure crawlers are worth it. (x) represents how many effigies you must obtain per hour for crawlers to be "worth" 1 hour of training.

(100/150)+x*[11.250*(1/660+ 1/1300+ 1/69+ 1/275 + 1/260+ 1/130-0.3/600+ 1/600)]+x*[48.029/69]=1

The function boils down to 1.06866(x)+(2/3) = 1

And therefor x = 0.311918, So you only need an effigy a little more than every 3 hours. This is for Suomi's case only, obviously because of the investigation skills being used.

So if crawlers really are reduced down to 1/3 effigies per hour then they are only marginally worth it over Vyrewatch training and just doing all of the other skills by their own respective methods.

For example at crawlers, with 1/3 effigy per hour, an hour spent there is only worth 1.02289 hours of training the skills individually.

So over your remaining 142m attack xp left @ 100k/hr you will only save a grand total of 32.5038 hours over just doing the skills individually. With cannonballs at 381ea and 5.5k used per hour you will spend 2,975,610,000 to finish melee. That is spending 91,546,526gp for each hour saved. Now this isn't exact because you would have to subtract out the money you save on FMing, Farming, and Crafting, but that probably isn't that much since you are only saving 32.5 hours across all investigation skills. Cannon balls may drop further since people seem to be dumping them as they wanted them for effigy collecting. This would help lessen the gp/hr necessary to make crawlers worth it.

So basically crawlers are now right on the edge of actually being better than the just going all out melee on Vyrewatch. If they are 3 effigies an hour they are still worth it, but just barely and if they are actually slower than that then they are no longer worth it. So I would suggest sticking it out for a another week to get a good idea of the drop rate, but if it really does suck it may be time to get out of that cave.

**note** Did Pyre FMing get nerfed? Because if FMing is back down to 473k/hr then the effigies per hour then the effigies per hour requirement goes down to .31 Lol, a whole .002 effigies per hour better =P

**Note2** If vyrewatch do not drop charms I am going to have rethink this. I would change too much other than the divisor of the first term in the master equation. So I will look in to this tomorrow.

Big post

Vyrewatch don't drop charms though, do they? So, Suomi would have to train on something else.

Speaking of charms, looks like Suomi has decided to do some summoning after all.

I do not know. I took that for granted and that means yes, that would certainly change everything. I would have to compare crawlers against the fastest melee xp charm dropper. Do Armored Zombies drop charms? I think they were the next best melee xp after DHing monkeys and vyrewatch.

Good spot Sockem. I usually don't over look something simple like that.

Armoured zombies do drop charms, and from what I remember, drop blues fairly often.

Vyrewatch to not drop charms or effigies. The only charms would be the very minimal ones collected from burning the corpses and using keys.

Also, the blisterwood polearm can only be used to train controlled, defensive or aggressive, so no attack option.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Effigies may be gone but maybe zarfot return? :D:D plzplz.

I wish but this won't happen.

yeah he didn't quit because of effigies but because he saw runescape as less important than other things in life

armoured zombies' charms are similar to cave crawlers, with more blues and fewer greens. suomi should probably do them but it depends on how much effigy drops have been nerfed and we need more data on that

Armoured zombies do drop charms, and from what I remember, drop blues fairly often.

Vyrewatch to not drop charms or effigies. The only charms would be the very minimal ones collected from burning the corpses and using keys.

Also, the blisterwood polearm can only be used to train controlled, defensive or aggressive, so no attack option.

Ok then so what is the actual attack xp/hr at AZs? Or the kills per hour?