200M in all Skills

Makilio

The bad thing about the 5 effigy limit is that it forces lower level players who are slaying to either get assists or raise their non cb skills before they start slaying

My thoughts exactly, I'm on 27 effigies atm and 91 slayer. I was going for 95 but now I don't feel like doing it as much due to the fact that I can't get more effigies - I'm not entirely fussed about a reduced drop rate, but limiting to such a small number of effigies is ridiculous

Muckytears.png

Would it not be better to train another skill in the meantime? See how other people's rates have been affected? Could go and woodcut seeing as Jake is still doing that right? They say competition brings out the best in people, so it would be nice to see some comparative exp rates.

The bad thing about the 5 effigy limit is that it forces lower level players who are slaying to either get assists or raise their non cb skills before they start slaying

I don't see the "bad" part.

E: My bad, Jebrim is correct. There was a bad part in this.

Not a brilliant fix imo, as has been pointed out <_<

Only had 9 effigies banked, and I wanted to use them myself, and now I either have to keep raising those effigy skills, without much combat for fear of losing potential effigies (:blink:), get assists or bin them :ohnoes:

This fixes what now!?!? :wall:

If Jagex wanted to stop hoarding, then maybe they could limit the amount of stages opened per day, or something :shock:

Oh yeah, just to make it clear, I'm not against the nerf, I just think they could have done it in a better way.

Edited by Ellac
Use less emoticons next time please.

vP6O8.png

Click for blog - Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature ;)

I like the effigy drop nerf a lot. The bank limit I don't exactly know why but I'm not complaining either. It's about time Jagex started making the game less easy, we've been in Effigy Scape for almost 2 years.

Also:

http://gyazo.com/39d4be8d0f590a57ef3358ae21001bea

QFC: 15-16-294-63568795 Page 1, post 9.

Dr_S3.png

Going for max total. :)

Interesting update...what I find interesting is how xp rates and general completion time of the game have historically sped up in Runescape. Obviously things like nerfing flash powder factory that were only implemented for a short period of time have happened, but this is different. Depending upon the paradigm through which you look, effigies were a "long-time" fixture in the game, and Jagex has now tacked on hundreds or thousands(?) of hours onto 200m all by eliminating them.

Follow my progress toward maxing in f2p here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/296111-levine1996-maxing-out-100-f2p/

Jagex just should never have released such things, neither xp weekends, neither supermegaamazingultapower weapons like dragon claws and such items that can kill anyone in one hit and such.

There are waaaay too much things overpowered in RS nowadays, actually F2p is more fun as P2p nowadays when it comes to Pking, staking, clanwars and all such stuff.

Especially because you can't actually look up each others hiscores and such, F2p is great nowadays while P2p isn't any more actually.

P2p is just too easy.

When Dungeoneneering came out I hoped it would be a really really slow skill, just like I hoped with farming, hunter and Sommoning.

It never happened, but who knows with some new skills.

I still can't understand how Jagex could have been so dumb for such a long time, but ok, maybe that's just me ;)!

I don't personally mind the update, wish they were completely nerfed. Never should have been introduced into the game.

Would have been interesting to see where all the top players would have been without them however.

Obviously Suomi would still be way ahead, but the competition behind would be a lot more interesting for sure.

I wonder if TD's are now the effigy camp monster of choice

It's all going to depend on the droprate. If the droprate has been reduced a lot, i don't think there's going to be a whole lot of effigy farming anymore.

It's all going to depend on the droprate. If the droprate has been reduced a lot, i don't think there's going to be a whole lot of effigy farming anymore.

Players still have to finish their combat stats, so there should still be a lot of effigy farming.

Also at suomi it does hurt you a bit, because to maximise the amount of effigies you get you should use them at the time you get them (and not while banking) because it decreases the chance of getting an other one if you keep it.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Players still have to finish their combat stats, so there should still be a lot of effigy farming.

Also at suomi it does hurt you a bit, because to maximise the amount of effigies you get you should use them at the time you get them (and not while banking) because it decreases the chance of getting an other one if you keep it.

I wasn't really referring to people who are still going to get effigies while training their combat, i was referring to people who were farming effigies as an alternate exp source for slower, more tedious skills like Rc and Agility.

Jagex just should never have released such things, neither xp weekends, neither supermegaamazingultapower weapons like dragon claws and such items that can kill anyone in one hit and such.

There are waaaay too much things overpowered in RS nowadays, actually F2p is more fun as P2p nowadays when it comes to Pking, staking, clanwars and all such stuff.

Especially because you can't actually look up each others hiscores and such, F2p is great nowadays while P2p isn't any more actually.

P2p is just too easy.

When Dungeoneneering came out I hoped it would be a really really slow skill, just like I hoped with farming, hunter and Sommoning.

I still can't understand how Jagex could have been so dumb for such a long time, but ok, maybe that's just me ;)!

I agree with certain areas being overpowered, but I do think dungeoneering is one of the best skills, because it isn't repetitive like most skills and there's a lot more interaction especially with fellow players, rewards are useful too :D

Suomi, would you mind keeping track of how many hours each day you kill crawlers for, so users who track your xp gains can try to figure out the new drop rate based on time spent and number of effigies?

Also, was Dragonseance going to camp black demons to finish melees off? If so, I'd be interested in his numbers as well. I'm curious if they nerfed all drop rates equally or if it was adjusted exponentially, or if they even just went and adjusted certain monsters more than others based on the speed that you can kill them.

Ah nevermind, I just went to watch his year of the dragon video to check if it was black demons but it looks like he was planning on doing cave crawlers. Dunno where I heard black demons from =\

Evertim.png

P2p is just too easy.

I agree with certain areas being overpowered, but I do think dungeoneering is one of the best skills, because it isn't repetitive like most skills and there's a lot more interaction especially with fellow players, rewards are useful too :D

Oh I have nothing against the skill, but I just don't like the speed you can train it.

200M xp could be achieved in like 3 months nowadays, that's sick, when slayer was released it took 7 years before the first one achieved 200M in it, nowadays it would still cost you like 1,5 years I guess.

Suomi, would you mind keeping track of how many hours each day you kill crawlers for, so users who track your xp gains can try to figure out the new drop rate based on time spent and number of effigies?

Unnecessary. We can simply track his attack and rc xp and figure it out from there.

Grate_Scot.png

Ok guys, I'd like to hear what you think I should do now...

I only need 97 Agility, so I can open all effigies (If the Skill Pairs don't troll me, as I don't have 97 Const, Herb, Craft, Fletch), and I have 38 effigies in my bank, and I'm like 200k to 94 Slayer. Should I first get my agility to 97, and then start slaying again, or should I just slay? This update came at a very bad time, as I had planned to make cash for cannonballs this week, and then use all the cannonballs on slayer, but yeah, crap happens.

Ok guys, I'd like to hear what you think I should do now...

I only need 97 Agility, so I can open all effigies (If the Skill Pairs don't troll me, as I don't have 97 Const, Herb, Craft, Fletch), and I have 38 effigies in my bank, and I'm like 200k to 94 Slayer. Should I first get my agility to 97, and then start slaying again, or should I just slay? This update came at a very bad time, as I had planned to make cash for cannonballs this week, and then use all the cannonballs on slayer, but yeah, crap happens.

You only need 87 agility, clan citadel battlefields can give a +10 boost

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png