Removal of new high level potions in PvP

The Observer

ugh, jagex wimped out to the idiot masses again <_< Most ppl were scared of them, without realizing that most players will never b able to make them. and i can understand pvp worlds, but the MINIGAMES?!? Come on now, if you have the money to burn on those potions where you don't get any money back, you should be allowed to use them... the only minigame that makes sense is clan wars, but the rest should have been left alone.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do need to calm down, True it is a game, but if i do more work, i should get a better reward then you. ALSO "we are not supposed to work to pk" How does that work? You worked to get the combat levels?

How do i get it in quote boxes? :oops: I never used it before.

Thanks in advance :grin:

Edited by Laikrob
Offensive quote removed

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

I can't decide if this is satire or not, because I'm not sure I could have written something funnier if I had tried.

Either you're a genius of sarcasm, or an idiot. I'm going to go with idiot - because your post reads like a toddler's temper tantrum. Sure it's a game, but what fun is a game if you can faceroll your character into a good PvPer?

Obviously you've never experienced the real world, which is funny because you throw that out there like it's some game-ending nuke. In the real world, in ANY world, accomplishment is about working for it, not having it given to you.

I'd be totally surprised if you weren't one of the "OMG PWNED YOU N33B" yelling Pkers. In other words, the pre-pubescent pond scum of the game.

Edit: Way too slow. And Danq, that's why I am glad that I'm retired Staff AND retired Mod. :-)

Fellow, i could't have said it better.

Very dumb move by jagex imo, they throw one of the bet updates of the year just to remove it after a day. I *could* understand pvp worlds, but minigames is taking it too far. Pkers must learn that effort is needed for every advantage not only in games but in life in general, no one will give you money in trade of nothing, or vice versa. You can't just wine about it, you need to work.

Edited by Laikrob
Offensive quote removed

Jagex has to remove Ancient and Lunar Magic!!!! I don't wanna get skills and quest points to use them so it's not fair!@@!@!@!!@!@@!!@ /sarcasm

That's what all these arguments for this removal sound like. It's idiotic.

I guarantee the only people that are verbally showing their discontent with the High Level potions being used in PvP are the kids who are used to having everything handed to them on a silver platter so they expect it to be the same way in a game. The kids that before the trade limit used to come up with sob stories of being hacked for free donations.

The rest of the PvPers, you know, the mature ones, probably left PvP quietly and stocked up on herbs and seconds to reap the rewards and benefits of higher herblore.

Reason for edit: Reworded a bit.

Edited by xgreenenvyx

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

EDIT 1: Whats going to happen when Jagex releases new untradable amour and weapon?

Btw i'm pretty sure Jagex stated they wouldn't be able to be used in PVP in the same quote they revealed ideas for new weapons/armour.

I now assume that means not in mini-games either.

Zerker_jane.png

I knew a great update like that was too good to be true.

Very much so a failure Jagex nice job! :shame:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Sigh. I have played RS for over 8 1/2 years now and this is one of only a handful of updates in the past 5 1/2 which I have actually enjoyed. For once we had true high level content and a reward for training our skills and now most of that benefit has gone, even from minigames - how ridiculous.

Once again, herblore is just a pointless skill like smithing or crafting where you spend a fortune for no benefit.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

You have either turned into a huge troll or lack a complete undertstanding of the basic concept of work = rewards. In my opinion, if you spend the time & effort (& cash) working for something that gives you a competitive advantage it should be allowed anywhere. No-one is being forced to train (in this case) herblore, however, if they chose to do so they should benefit from the advantages that this provides.

In the same way, I could now rant on RSOF that the ability to cast Vengeance during PVP should be banned, as I haven't spent the time, effort & cost getting my mage level to 94. However, I don't because good luck to them, it gives them a huge advantage over me & I know the risks.

In a similar vein, the last time I PVP'd I was 2 Hit (!!!) by a guy wielding a Vesta Longsword - my intial thought was Damn that hurt (& cost me several million), but then thought about it & came to the conclusion that if I wanted to do that I could buy a Vesta Long myself, the same way now I could train herblore to use the potions.

It's been said many times on this topic - Jagex should stop pandering to the lazy & allow people to use ALL the skills they have trained to their own advantage. It should then encourage others to train whatever skill they need in order to better themselves & redress the balance.

Edited by Laikrob
Offensive quote removed

the_lad_1.png

kind of sad I was going to re-up my members for this, but it just looks like a wasted update because of the undo of them. Although this does make better high level content than the agility update imo

I'm mostly sad because I wanted to see a new d-bow max. It could probably have been double high 50s :twisted: (which might have been part of why they undid it all. d-bowers could have possibly 1hit maxed players with sara brews.)

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

They should've just removed the potions completely because it has no use now. Do people use super pots while monster hunting? Rarely.

Only always. Combat without stat boosts is no combat in my eyes.

This is a kick in the something or others by our friends at Jagex - very disappointed to see it.

Not that I could use any of the new extreme pots but i thought it was a masterstroke to allow a skiller to have the chance to put one over on a pure pvper and would add a really interesting dimension to combat triangle (making it more of a pyramid lol). it also gave me something approaching a desire to train up herblore. I probably still will a bit more at some point but feels like Jagex really wasted an opportunity here.

yon_hibernis.png

They [bleep]ing caved. Unbelievable.

I seldom get upset over something as trivial as an online game, but Jagex went too far with this. They've taken what was easily one of the greatest updates of the year and nerfed it to hell because a handful of lazy, childish pkers decided to whine about it on the RSOF. I honestly expected better; Jagex knows full well that such players are a mere minority and would complain about ANY update, regardless.

As many players have already said, anyone who can train his/her Herblore level into the 80s and 90s deserves to have an advantage over those who choose not to. This is true not only of any RS skills but also of life itself; hard workers simply deserve to be rewarded on principle. It wasn't as if this update drastically unbalanced PvP either, as few players (relatively) can even make the new, untradeable potions, so I can't understand why this decision was made. I could continue on and on, but everything of importance has already been said by others, and from the appearances of things, it wouldn't matter anyway; it's obvious that Jagex listens to the clamour of the peanut gallery over the mild and well-reasoned responses of more experienced players.

'Truly a shame.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

Where was this argument when Herblore was released? Super sets were just as prevalent; why not take them out too? I fail to see the logic in this, it's just like any pure aims for an advantage. Next, they'll want Defence removed from the game because people complain they can't hit through it. :angry:

I still don't understand why they removed the potions from minigames :( They're safe PvP, so it shouldn't matter :mellow: I was looking forward to using the potions at Castle Wars... (once I got the appropriate Herblore level, was planning to get 91, but I don't know anymore)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

So lets see. They give herblore awesome potions which would costs up towards an ags or sgs to be able to make.

They take the ranters side and remove it because some people dont want to trade in their sgs/ags to be able to make these potions.

Not only that, but they take it out of ALL PvP related aspects of the game.

They dig up herblore from the bottom of my to-do list and put it on the top.

They then shot it in the head, and have now landed it back on the ground.

Thanks, Thanks alot. I expect herbs to stop going up.

The perfect way to kill and awesome update.

Magic pot should have been 20% at most to max 40s with ice barrage. Other than that nothing was overpowered.

It's basically just fighting someone in vesta for the melee pots. But barraging 46s is pretty ridiculous.

Also I never got why they made dbow 65% spec - you get a MUCH longer chance to pray against 2 dbow specs then you do against 2 claw specs, why bother when not even 1% of the pkers can even double dbow in the first place?

Thankfully they said "for now" meaning its temporary. I definitely say that everything should be kept the same except dbow 55% spec again and the magic pot should be 20%.

This is coming from someone that hates herblore too, lol

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

So lets see. They give herblore awesome potions which would costs up towards an ags or sgs to be able to make.

They take the ranters side and remove it because some people dont want to trade in their sgs/ags to be able to make these potions.

Not only that, but they take it out of ALL PvP related aspects of the game.

They dig up herblore from the bottom of my to-do list and put it on the top.

They then shot it in the head, and have now landed it back on the ground.

Thanks, Thanks alot. I expect herbs to stop going up.

The perfect way to kill and awesome update.

Molre like shot it in the head, double tapped it in the heart, then desecrated it's corpse.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I still don't understand why they removed the potions from minigames :( They're safe PvP, so it shouldn't matter :mellow: I was looking forward to using the potions at Castle Wars... (once I got the appropriate Herblore level, was planning to get 91, but I don't know anymore)

Everyone knows how terrible dying in safe PvP minigames is; it would be a shame to have to run back from the spawn point just because a dedicated herblorist decided to make use of his or her expensive, high-level potions to gain an advantage over another player and defeat them because of it. :thumbup:

Damn, this update has made me uncharacteristically bitter. 'Sarcasm? I surprise myself. :-|

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

good, this update was unneeded. Skilling and pvp should remain separate.

I'll be having those poisoned weapons back, and those smithed rune items. Oh, and those godswords that have to be smithed together, I'll need those too.

And that food, too. Oh and those prayer potions...

hzvjpwS.gif