Wilderness and free trade vote! - Now Closed

Jimmyw3000

576 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex reintroduce free trade and the old Wilderness?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Indifferent ...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you see Ts_Stormrage, free trade + old wildy = lots of oldies coming back pumping money in their pockets.

Who cares about the RWT, I DONT ;D

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Somebody has already created a bot to vote yes. It parses the highscores and just adds random players names. Not exactly fair. I want my no vote. Only an idiot would vote yes.

*sigh*

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

This isn't just about the fraud, but about the general attitude of Jagex about botting and RWT has taken a turn towards...

You mean the fact that the game has taken a turn towards giving players what they enjoy about the game?

Go cry in your lonely corner with the rest of the minority of players who love the anti-RWT updates. Most of us don't care enough about this game to be butthurt about the fact that some people are cheating.

For the rest of us who just like to have fun and play the game without worrying about the "porgress" that cheaters make, this is a welcome change.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Don't you see Ts_Stormrage, free trade + old wildy = lots of oldies coming back pumping money in their pockets.

Who cares about the RWT, I DONT ;D

Me neither...I only have a nice stash spread over a few accounts :thumbup:

@op: your vote doesn't count, never did. Wouldn't make a difference.

Not entirely sure what Jagex's motives were for not making you have to log in before voting. I can't get my head around it, it seems stupid and illogical. They should know that this 'fraud' would happen. If someone could perhaps enlighten me to why they did this, apart from maybe because they want it to 'pass'?

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The only real reason I can see why they would do this is for a publicity stunt. Nothing more, nothing less. So our votes won't really do that much to change it.

Think of it this way, if they brought it back in a news post then not as many people would regain interest again. Since it's based in poll form where everyone will contact their friends and such to try and vote, there will be more people (ex-players, etc) alike knowing about it.

j0xPu5R.png

I was wondering this also. I voted for bringing back wildy and free trade simply because free trade is a great sense of freedom. I'm not too fussed on the old wildy. It is strange how anyone can enter someone's name on the voting page though, and I can see it is already being abused :-/ with 1 refresh of the page, there was instantly another 1,000+ more votes.

I wouldn't be surprised if people were looking up names on the hiscores and placing every possible name down for the vote, which is almost just as bad as identity fraud, because you're using their name for something without their permission. Ok not quite the same thing, but you get what I mean :-)

2vuhgcn.png

Not entirely sure what Jagex's motives were for not making you have to log in before voting. I can't get my head around it, it seems stupid and illogical. They should know that this 'fraud' would happen. If someone could perhaps enlighten me to why they did this, apart from maybe because they want it to 'pass'?

Because they were obviously planning to implement it

Nothing says that the GE will go away. It can continue the way it is, or give "suggested values" but let you sell/buy for whatever you want.

The thing about this that I'll really, really enjoy is when the people with rares "worth" billions of coins actually try to sell them for what they think they are worth. The sound of people crashing to reality will be deafening.

Man, people who don't understand the economy are HILARIOUS.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Somebody has already created a bot to vote yes. It parses the highscores and just adds random players names. Not exactly fair. I want my no vote. Only an idiot would vote yes.

*sigh*

i dont even care if the poll has no efect... just let us vote "no" and i will be happy. i want the ability to say, right now, i dont want it. and you cant make jagex think i do.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

So, in short...

Jagex messed up and created a voting system that can be easily frauded. As a result of such, we're going to be getting the Wilderness and free trade back.

Yep, this is definitely going to be fun.

Also read the remainder of my post...

The rest in short is basicly:

Should us honest players really be comfortable with Jagex' new attitude against cheaters?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Should us honest players really be comfortable with Jagex' new attitude against cheaters?

Cancel your subscription and give your monies to a charity that focuses on eliminating third-world corruption then. Maybe not the latter, but certainly the former.

I hate it when do-gooders don't do-good themselves

So, in short...

Jagex messed up and created a voting system that can be easily frauded. As a result of such, we're going to be getting the Wilderness and free trade back.

Re-adding this system back isn't a new attitude for cheaters imo. Think of it this way, someone misbehaves during an amusement ride. They shut the entire park down forever because of it. Would that be fair for the other people who went to that park?

Apologies if I misunderstand.

j0xPu5R.png

@Ginger: I'm thinking about not renewing more and more these days...

@Killer: An amusement ride is an odd comparisson... But in your case; people would use the amusement ride to disrupt the fun for others in such a way that people who dont cause a fuss dont want to ride anymore...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

So, in short...

Yes, you should. If someone buys 500m off the internet, why should that bother you?

In WoW it is well known that people buy and sell gold. There are bans for it daily, but really people know that they are likely playing with people who break the rules.

Do people care? No. They just play for their own fun and their own progress. My guess is that you aren't concerned with your own progress in itself but rather you just feel the need to compare yourself to others who aren't progressed as far. I don't give a crap if someone buys a party hat on Ebay cause that does literally nothing to my own enjoyment of my character.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

*sigh*

i dont even care if the poll has no efect... just let us vote "no" and i will be happy. i want the ability to say, right now, i dont want it. and you cant make jagex think i do.

Yea we can...

No offence OP, but this is kinda herp derp. Of course they're going to return it back to normal. I realized this as soon as i clicked the link.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Nothing says that the GE will go away. It can continue the way it is, or give "suggested values" but let you sell/buy for whatever you want.

The thing about this that I'll really, really enjoy is when the people with rares "worth" billions of coins actually try to sell them for what they think they are worth. The sound of people crashing to reality will be deafening.

Man, people who don't understand the economy are HILARIOUS.

Yeah, they are, aren't they? Because if free trade were introduced right now, items would sell for every gp as much as their "street" value dictates. No exceptions. I mean it's not like this "junk" actually has any value in of itself, right? :lol:

Sounds good. Just what i've been waiting for for 3 years and ~20 days.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.