Summoning F2P?

Benoit4whc

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope its f2p they owe us alot after taking away pking and all of our pures.

Well they don't owe you anything. They did it to better the game by eliminating RWT'ers.

And plus, you got 2 new mini-games and more bankspace already.

icecube7.jpeg

one part you forgot to explain: Why should f2p get summoning?

Well they don't owe you anything. They did it to better the game by eliminating RWT'ers.

And plus, you got 2 new mini-games and more bankspace already.

i would much prefer RWTs than [bleep]ing up the whole game.

Tbh I think he's right.

Mems that were above lvl 126 could just go to BH in f2p worlds and would have a huge advantage. Being 12 cb lvls higher than someone and being able to take their items just because they're not mems isn't very fair, and I don't think Jagex would do that.

True, but not really..

While you may be 12 cmb levels higher than any f2p player, if you cant use any of the summoning spells in f2p that 12 levels would mean nothing. If anything it would Hinder p2p as they would have higher combat with lower *Traditional* combat stats that could be used in f2p.

So Technically, if summoning was p2p only it would only hurt the p2p pking on f2p rather that hurting f2p. This might be more of a push to keep p2p'ers off f2p pking worlds.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Oh, so they don't owe us P2Per's?

They already gave f2p some big updates like the duel arena.

Jagex doesn't owe anyone anything.

F2p'ers play for free and get what they get, P2p'ers pay to play and get what they pay for.

Well, the situation is complicated for Jagex. At some points, it seems that they are willing to release for all players, at others, it seems to be just for mems... I would be inclined to believe that the majority of the skill will be for mems... but it really is just to big of an update to release for just mems. Construction was trivial, all you could do was build a house... Hunter wasn't that influential except for chins... But this will effect combat, so I should believe that it will be half and half... I mean, they mention at lvl 43 you will be able to summon a cockatrice... I don't see that becoming f2p anytime soon... But it would be just as believable to think they will allow f2p to have lower access to the lower level parts of it.. I don't think that dogs will effect f2p that much.

They do say that Everyone will have access to the skill, but do they mean every member, or every player? Guess we'll have to wait for part 4.

No witty signatures for me :(

They said everyone for skillcapes too. Chins weren't influential for a while, until someone discovered a use for them.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

2. Having 138 combat on freeplay won't make a difference. Since that level doesn't reflect overall strength, hits, prayer, etc (already at 99), it'd be no different than fighting a 126.

I don't agree with this, and I don't see how you can say things so confidently about a skill that's not here yet.

Basically what you said is that there's no difference in fighting someone with maxed melees without prayer, and with 99 prayer.

There IS a difference.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Bini, Lady_Shahdie; I agree with both of you full heartedly and respect the response given. Bravo to both of you. =D>

Fook-A-Ji and Qeltar; your debate was something good to read. While I didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t like much of the time both of you bashed each other you both had very good arguments to make which I was well though out, not short just to raise post count, or make senseless points. Each of you wrote something to make me thing about that I would go as far as to think of politics of RuneScape that can be carried outside this thread, something I wouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mind starting a topic on to really get mind thinking. :-k Bravo. =D>

As for BBC3, I must say I am not mostly pleased with you. While I respect you as an individual with an opinion to give you make yourself sound immature. I think you should take time to evaluate yourself and change your attitude. Even over the internet, respect should be given. You donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know who is on the other side of the computer and it could land you in trouble, something I would hate for a person for you to get into. Besides, one does not want to make a lot of enemies on a forum for discussing idea and viewpoints. Also, your post should use some standard English and syntax with some punctuation to make post easier to read even thou they are short without much substance to give. <.<

Now as for the issue at handÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ I would like Summoning to be a F2P skill. However, I understand why it canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t with the issues of location, leveling, and ability to use this skill on F2P or P2P worlds. But if added as a P2P skill only, it would lead me more into paying the 5 dollars a month. In fact, I plan to start playing World of Warcraft very soon and as I figure it, it would work out fine. I could pay for 6 months which would yield 26 dollars a year instead of the 15 dollars a month plan. But this would require me to use a credit card or paypal if accepted. However then, if I get it I could also pay 5 dollars a month, as I can set 5 dollars aside and by doing a little extra work around my grandmothers house or getting a job IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be able to also pay for WoW. So adding Summoning as a P2P skill would prompt me more to be a member also since I will be playing more games soon. However, I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t play RuneScape as much (I am still active nonetheless) so it makes it another choice for me to decide.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

2. Having 138 combat on freeplay won't make a difference. Since that level doesn't reflect overall strength, hits, prayer, etc (already at 99), it'd be no different than fighting a 126.

I don't agree with this, and I don't see how you can say things so confidently about a skill that's not here yet.

Basically what you said is that there's no difference in fighting someone with maxed melees without prayer, and with 99 prayer.

no....basically what he's saying is that a f2p with maxed everything going against a p2p with maxed everything it won't matter if the skill p2p only because the it will be null and void in f2p anyway.

now, on the other hand. a f2per with 126 cb and 99 pray is gonna have the upper hand against a p2p with 126 and 99 summon, but that's not what he's saying.

There IS a difference.

Did you misread that? I'm only talking about a 126 versus a 138, you know, not any sort of conjured up pure combat level.

What I was going for was that having level 138 on freeplay might do as much good as having 97 Herblore on freeplay. Bragging rights, yes; usefulness, no.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

As much as I do not want Summoning to be f2p, I think that it really is going to be because:

1. They gave f2p more bank space, why on earth give bank space when they have been denying this for years? The wildy capes do not necessarily need bank space since people usually only get 1, not 8.

2. They are raising the combat level, making it rather imbalance. A lvl 95 p2p would not be the same as a lvl 95 f2p if that is the case. And thus, dueling in the arena won't be very fair, cos p2p can't summon things in f2p.

Alright, so it is inferred that since Summoning affects overall Combat, it will be a freeplay skill. [since A affects B, B will be C].

Let's break that down.

Consider that Summoning will be in terms, similar to Prayer (requiring 8.25 levels to gain one combat level). Since we don't know about the special attacks of a summoned NPC, I can't say for certainty that a level 126 with 99 Prayer is any stronger or weaker than a 126 with 99 Summoning.

Consider also the possibility of it not being open to freeplayers. A 126 on freeplay becomes no more statistically different than a 138 fighting against one-another. It'd be something akin to having 95 thieving on freeplay; some awesome bragging rights, but does you very little good while playing the game.

One should also consider the places that many of these spoilers have taken us. Almost always, you can trace a key aspect of Summoning heavily to Members. You can do the same with Runecrafting too, but no mission-critical parts of it can be found in freeplay.

The major thing is that if it is not freeplay, it won't change a thing. A 126 with 99 summoning on freeplay is going to be at a statistical disadvantage to a 126 with 99 prayer.

If it is, and 4-7 million players begin summoning familiars, may God have mercy on those servers.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The most logical explaination i can give for it being both p2p and f2p, is that, if a p2per were to go on f2p bounty hunting, which a lot do, and a p2per's combat was affected by summoning, then they would have a disadvantage towards other f2pers their lvls, whos combat is made up solely of the "orginal" combat skills.

Note: This has been stated 2x b4 me

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I don't think there is a chance of them making Summoning F2p for some reasons, Shop in Yanille, Cats are already P2p, Summoning has connections with Hunter, New areas will be needed for the new NPC's and there are probably more reasons to not make it F2p. I hope they make it Members Only because just like I hate RC in F2p I don't think I'll like Summoning either and I don't want it for some other reasons.

The last decision is made by Jagex and we can only speculate what it will be and I truly hope they make it Members Only.

Wait...I sense a disturbance in the force...Is it irony I sense?

Your sig claims you're F2P for life, yet you hope it's P2P...I'm surprised. Most F2Pers will beg for this kind of update, but you apparently don't care. But are you sure your F2P for life? Or are you P2P?

Considering that Eminem777 is 10,000 times a better player than you, and a pure f2per to boot regardless of your self-centered accusations, you really should shut the hell up.

I'm pure f2p and I don't see why f2pers should get this update either.

First and foremost, its deeply rooted to MEMBER ONLY SKILLS, I spelled it out in caps for you in case you're hard of sight, and two, Jagex even posted in the development diary that the requirements for the introductory quest are other members only quests.

Not F2P. Period.

If you want to expand your game play, pay for it.

I know I will starting January...And to all the people claiming it will be f2p because of the supposed "imbalance" in combat level...since when has everything been balanced between members and non-members? Never!

There is no real reason for it not being f2p other than the overused "attracting new members". It may be valid, but it does get annoying to see it over 5 pages again and again. It takes Jagex EXTRA work to program non-p2p things. All servers are the same, f2p ones just have locks in place to remove members-only content. Jagex has to hire someone to put in all these locks. That being said, I do not think it should be f2p. Recently, f2p has gotten several updates, including the long campiagned-for bank space.(although the validity of those updates is in question <.< ), and more updates would be overkill.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

No it wont be F2P. Seeing as the Pet Shop or whatever it's going to be is in Yanille. There are probably plenty of other examples, but this is the only one i could think off.

+1

It would be cool if it was F2p, but i highly dobut that it will be.

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

For those who say that F2Pers have got too many updates in the last few weeks, you should know these updates were at the price of losing the wilderness and almost laying useless all PvP pures that people worked hard building.

If it was for myself I would have made RS stay as it was before the updates, but RWT is an issue that had to be stopped. Even with that said, I am gratefull to Jagex, for letting us F2Pers taste the team capes, the 8 more bankspaces and the minigames.

Now on topic, In my opinion we F2Pers win either way.

Like I have seen in the official forums and in other forums as well, people tend to be pretty conservative about the last changes to the game; I am kind of conservative about this issue too. Like Lordjake stated, giving a whole new skill to the F2Pers would untidy a lot of things that had an order before, being the top 200 F2P list one of them.

While not getting the Summoning skills F2pers also get the stats advantage that have already been mentioned, making less members going to F2P worlds to have some fun with PvP. I have never been a member, so feel free to make me feel stupid, but I can imagine P2P PvP being a pain, with people getting hits up to 50+s here and there, and dying before you can even blink, just my two cents there.

Now, If F2P gets the skill (Or just part of it for that matter), I won't have anything to complain, new content is always welcomed.

Something eated my sig.

I do think that it will be P2P only. Jagex have said that Summoning will be to Hunting what Smithing is to Mining. And since F2P don't got hunting, how could they then have Summoning?

Tow other things that points in this direction is that it's only P2P players who have got coloured eggs in the bird's nest and that there will be a quest. Since I think it's a pretty low chance of that Jagex would give F2P a new quest, I believe that the quest will be P2P only, which will make Summoning P2P only too.

But you never know with Jagex, Summoning might be F2P. I don't think so though, but I might be wrong!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I see many posts making reference to a 126 f2p vs a 138 member being statistically equal in f2p, but for a moment lets try something new.

I am a lvl 115 f2p with 90 attack, 99 defence and 90 strength. If summoning is members only I could be higher stats than a lvl 125 member who has trained summoning in f2p worlds. Granted the wilderness is gone so that would not be affected but it would be somewhat deceiving in other areas such as duels or clan wars. Again, these minigames don't really matter in terms of losing anything but the fact remains.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I do think that it will be P2P only. Jagex have said that Summoning will be to Hunting what Smithing is to Mining. And since F2P don't got hunting, how could they then have Summoning?

Tow other things that points in this direction is that it's only P2P players who have got coloured eggs in the bird's nest and that there will be a quest. Since I think it's a pretty low chance of that Jagex would give F2P a new quest, I believe that the quest will be P2P only, which will make Summoning P2P only too.

But you never know with Jagex, Summoning might be F2P. I don't think so though, but I might be wrong!

Many f2p skills have members only things, woodcutting - members have mage logs, mining - members have granite, etc with prayer, runecrafting, smithing, crafting, cooking, fishing...basically all f2p skills. F2p will just have to train with the things that arn't members only.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

I know!! i could be F2P with VERY little options for them to train or do.. etc maybe hunter speeds up training etc.. same way with Mage/Range/Prayer. Its F2P but there are SOO many awesome prayers that f2p cannot use..same with bows/arrows and spells.

gimpbaraf2.png

171053881LSKUser.png

Click My Signature For Training Guide/LSK respectively.