10-01-11 God Wars - The Ancient Prison

Jimmyw3000

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an acp for 68k below med just an hour or so after Nex came out (to get my arma key piece). I just sold it for max, 600k profit :P. Makes me think I should've kept it for a while.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'm not a fan of the new armour (mellee). Too many sets now seem to look the same. I wouldn't be able to distinguish it from CW armour and some dungeoneering armour.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

From RuneWIKI:

Full_torva.PNG

Mmmmmhhhhh

eww, seriously... jagex better change the look into real beast armour worth half billion (not for so long).

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

I bought Bandos when it was 25m for the set quite a long time ago. I'm not too concerned about it crashing because I doubt I'll ever sell it. I still have my Guthan's set I paid 17m for at it's peak haha.

this ^ bought my bandos st for 25,4m in may 2009. won't ever sell

that tova melee armour looks hot, but why all the gray ??

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

i dont care much for all this bossing and stuff that would take my years to be able to do.

but the ability to make trollheim tabbs = epic.

that is the one spell that stops me from staying on non-nromal mage books.

edit: intresting... against ther normal, the warrior is a lowwer combat level then that mage and ranger.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Exclusive content; +1

Expensive items +1

Good boss (hopefully) +1

Finally another item the average player can't afford so easily, maybe this game still has something difficult to aim for, without an arbitrary self set goal being the only difficult ones left.

Lets hope this boss actually takes skill to kill, unlike any other boss in RS. Even tds don't take skill, you just can become more efficient by being better.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Exclusive content; +1

Expensive items +1

Good boss (hopefully) +1

Finally another item the average player can't afford so easily, maybe this game still has something difficult to aim for, without an arbitrary self set goal being the only difficult ones left.

Lets hope this boss actually takes skill to kill, unlike any other boss in RS. Even tds don't take skill, you just can become more efficient by being better.

I have a 11 minute full kill vid of it, I'll maybe upload it later so you can see for yourself (22 man team)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Exclusive content; +1

Expensive items +1

Good boss (hopefully) +1

I have a 11 minute full kill vid of it, I'll maybe upload it later so you can see for yourself (22 man team)

A 22 man team will always be different to a 10 man team, because it just soulsplits/heals too damn much

According to RSWiki the armor will never fall in price due to its High Alchemy values...

My God I hope that was an oversight.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Virtus_armour

You've got to be bloody joking.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

According to RSWiki the armor will never fall in price due to its High Alchemy values...

RS Wiki is extremely unreliable on any big update like this. It's full of trolls that will tell you rumour as fact, as witnessed here.

Full Virtus gives 15% magical damage? Oh wow, that's awesome if it's true.

By the way, somebody should give the elemental spells a try. Use air against shadow, water against smoke, earth against blood and fire against ice.

RS Wiki is 99% fake/stupid on any new update like this. It's full of trolls that will tell you rumour as fact.

This. Remember when Balmung came out? 1700+ hits on dag kings? Oh please.

RS Wiki is 99% fake/stupid on any new update like this. It's full of trolls that will tell you rumour as fact.

This. Remember when Balmung came out? 1700+ hits on dag kings? Oh please.

Runescape wiki has trolls because anyone can edit a page. I have seen good stuff there though just like i have seen bad. For example Runescape wiki is #1 site on real life reference in Runescape.

I realize all of that, but they've been right about quite a lot of stuff today.

Anyway, small price to pay to get info out immediately. It'll take Tip.It likely 2 weeks to have the same stuff (with the same accuracy) that RSWiki will have after 2 days...

2dgucz6.png

I realize all of that, but they've been right about quite a lot of stuff today.

Anyway, small price to pay to get info out immediately. It'll take Tip.It likely 2 weeks to have the same stuff (with the same accuracy) that RSWiki will have after 2 days...

2 weeks?! Tip.It is usually one of the first fansites to have a detailed guide out on new updates in, at most, a few days, and seeing as RSWiki is merely a wiki and not a fansite, I'd say they do an extremely good job. :thumbup:

Also, there's a lot of helpful users on the forums that do their part by submitting info and posting screenshots. :smile:

A few things i can see from the information about the update...

The bow is terrible. Assuming it has a high repair cost(atleast 2m, rumored to be 5m), it costs more or around the same to use as hand cannon(likely same speed), but you are trading 35 ranged strength bonus for 30 ranged attack bonus... not good. Chaotic xbow+ diamond bolts is also just as good, so i just don't see the point of such a weapon.

The armors are all great, fairly priced and likely cost alot to maintain, thus existing armors will still be most efficient for training and general purposes, while these will be the new level for pvp and nex/corp. I'm definitely going to be getting all sets once the initial hype dies down.

Nex looks nice, and the fact that there seems to be alot of knowhow to defeating it effectively is a plus. With the soul split on low lp, it damn well insures low level masses are bound to fail, while a small(~4-8) team of maxed people can take it down quite nicely.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.