Squeal of Fortune + Buyable Spins

Logdotzip

http://runetrack.com...ser=Starrychelx

SoF at its finest. This guy has been maxing the 200$ limit every day so far.

Sad thing is I am 99% sure this guy will be using rwt money for that, have seen him boasting about selling some of his bank (is one of those 200b+ bank 20 phat set boxers) and would be surprised honestly if he was not selling some of his phats to get that 200$/day for runescape.

Look at his slayer xp gains... SOF has let him buy slayer with his phats.

Yeah, I recognised the name for that same reason. Basically if people don't mind breaking the rules, they can just stake for their gp, sell it, and buy exp.

I am amazed how those guys are not banned... Must be so obvious when they move bils around to noobs, know so many stakers who sell their wins and even when I report them repeatedly jagex does nothing (these people even put up that they rwt on their 20k+ sub channels sometimes without getting banned :rolleyes:, jagex clearly does not care)

We can at least say they are not being hypocritical as they do not ban rwters anyway.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More quotes from Mod Mark: [hide]

zwe05k.png

20saxpt.png

[/hide]

An interesting thread from Zarfot titled: "BOYCOTT JAGEX LTD."

Quick find code: 285-286-427-63664591 on the RSOF.

The thread is in the Rants forum so you will have to log into your account first.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

We're all legal experts.

Hey all,

There will be a system update in approximately 30 minutes time. This will be to make the behaviour when players try to buy Squeal of Fortune spins but one of the systems times out behave safer.

Apologies for the inconvenience,

Mod Easty

[qfc]15-16-824-63666331[/qfc]

If someone could translate that, it'd be nice.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Gambling implies randomly choosing between options of differing payouts (not necessarily 0 or negative) for some set cost. I see no reason why this wouldn't be gambling.

Like i said earlier in this thread: Is 50 gp or 5 tinore "Winning" in a Runescape context?

Isn't the answer no?

I would drop 5 tinore - because it's not worth crap.

It's jsut convenient for Jagex to say "You get something, it's not gambling".

Then does that mean Dicing is not gambling? Because if you don't win a great reward you get cabbage?

Will Jagex then bann people dicing?

Doing the same thing as they themself do. They probably will, just like they lied to players.

It's like Mod Mat K i think said about RC effigies and RWTING:

"The RWT rule is for players"

"If you don't like RCing go do a other skill. It's not in spirit of the game" bla bla.

But apparently getting loads Runecrafting experience without ACTUALLY runecrafting is....in spirit of the game.

Spins will be the start of the end for Runescape. Question is: How long does Jagex intend to milk Runescape?

Spins will be the start of the end for Runescape.

No. The creation of Runescape was the start of the end.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Hey all,

There will be a system update in approximately 30 minutes time. This will be to make the behaviour when players try to buy Squeal of Fortune spins but one of the systems times out behave safer.

Mod Easty

[qfc]15-16-824-63666331[/qfc]

If someone could translate that, it'd be nice.

It was certainly a tricky one, I figured they meant this:

Hey all,

There will be a system update in approximately 30 minutes time. This will make it safer when players try to buy Squeal of Fortune spins but one of the systems times out.

Mod Easty

Same CEO... same face for the company.

Yes, and back then the direction of the company was different. Things change, Mark's still the CEO but the people above him making the big decisions have decided to move to micro-transactions. Things said in the past no longer apply.

The past being what happened...well, how long ago was the release of the Ornate Katana redeemable? The point he's trying to make is that they were holding this policy fast until this happened like a sock-in-the-face, with no preamble or even an attempt to slowly introduce it. And while they've shed the first part of the "we're never doing microtransactions or allowing you to buy an advantage", they're still holding onto the last part of that when it's clearly not true. Can that be easily fixed? Yeah. But for PR and company policy to get on the same page, while doing bunny-hops over the gaping potholes of the other existing issues within the company, it will take months if we're lucky - or we'll get no clarification and just hamfisted transitions as we've already tasted today.

I understand his point, but it's pretty irrelevant at this time. If policy was to be changed here by the Admins, regarding botting and it was no longer considered to be against the rules, just here (Not the best argument, but I'll continue), then any statements you made in the past on the subject no longer apply... Regardless of how anti-bots you may have been. I don't know if you get what I'm talking about, but yeah.

I'm not backing up what they've done, or trying to protect them, but bringing something from the past to this discussion is pointless.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

blah. pretty much everything we can say has been said.

so i will use emoticons. :huh: :wall: :|

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I know some people who sold their rare's for real cash then purchased slow 99's :s, simply because it is faster

Their arguement is pretty much: "Jagex don't care about this game, why should I?"

Everything that can go downhill is going straight to hell.

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner

More quotes from Mod Mark: [hide]

zwe05k.png

20saxpt.png

[/hide]

An interesting thread from Zarfot titled: "BOYCOTT JAGEX LTD."

Quick find code: 285-286-427-63664591 on the RSOF.

Link doesn't work, did they delete it?

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

It's making them far too much money, the squeal won't be reversed now... all ethics are gone out the window. How very sad. My childhood game forever tarnished.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

This is ridiculous. As someone said already, so much for real world status not affecting in-game gains.

On the up side, maybe they'll use the revenue generating machine that is the Squeal to FINALLY FIX THE DAMN FRAME RATE? It's getting worse with every update. I got less than 10fps in Varrock square this morning, and there were only about 10 other people there. <_<

btw - Is it just me, or does anyone else picture that scene in Deliverance every time someone says "Squeal"? Especially when it relates to this update. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Meh..

I just sent a polite e-mail imo explaining why I had to unsub due to security concerns towards jagex and my cards. Basically that they needed to add more security/reaffirm details. Its unacceptable that anyone who can get access to my account can spend all my money. Aswell as children using parents card can buy items without extra confirmation.

Lots of stuff but just focused on my security concerns towards jagex not taking my security/real life money seriously.

I did say I would reconsider my position if they put in security though.

Maybe that will make the investers pay attention. :razz: Truth is I dont /want/ to quit but my security concerns are very legit and im concerned with their lack of concern with future updates related to payments. (Pretty likely they ganna introduce more things.) I dont want to keep checking updates to see if they have done something else thats also a security concern for me. Its a fun game but its not worth some idiot abusing the recovery system and spending all my money. =s I havnt got a choice.. I need real life money to eat, pay rent, etc. I need trust with jagex that they are ganna be responsible in the future. (And now.)

Sure I have removed all my details anyway. That doesnt mean we know what future updates will bring and its irrelevant because im also concerned for everyone else who plays too. (Who dont know, or have any reason to know, to remove their details.) Aswell as parents who children who play and can buy things without extra confirmation.

I got hope they will put in extra security but if not.. All good things come to an end. This is where I draw the line tbh. It shouldnt be possible for children to use their kids cards to buy ingame stuff without extra security. Seems wrong to me.

[qfc]15-16-615-63660816[/qfc]

The additional difference here is that with SoF, you can only win virtual items.

Ah, right. I see.

Well played :mrgreen:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/02/runescape-gaming-theft-du_n_1250126.html

Jagex is done for...

The most important bit:

Therese Wallin of find a solicitor service Contact Law, said no English court would prosecute a similar case.

"The question of whether someone in the UK could be prosecuted for a similar crime, centres around how the victim acquired the amulet and mask during the playing of the RuneScape game.

In this case the boy spent "time and energy" winning them while playing and no English court would prosecute anyone and award damages to someone for a waste of time, that is, the time wasted by the person acquiring the goods in the first place, only for them to then be taken.

The case would be different if the virtual goods were paid for with cash.

I kind of messed up my post back then by putting in the wrong link... :oops: :???:

The right one is in there now...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!